Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ambition

haynab66

Fans obviously aren't privvy to Club finances, so from an objective, personal view I would assume that CIFC's ambition is for strong and steady progress, however long it takes. Steady in that improving the squad and therefore the league position season upon season is the footballing objective whilst remaining strong financially and keeping the budgets within the club's means in the Board's objective.

Whether that ambition is good enough or indeed the club are succeeding with it is open for debate.

As far as Concord are concerned, as an individual concerned is something I am not. If you look at all the senior local clubs around the Essex area over the past decade you can see that many have all had successful spells at different periods of time....

- Dagenham were Ryman Champions in 2000 promoted to the Conference and subsequently made it into the Football League.

- Canvey were FA Trophy Winners in 2001, had their successful FA Cup runs and promotion pushes simultaneously and finally achieved Conference status in 2004.

- Hornchurch had a great FA Cup run in 2003

- Grays reached the Conference in 2005 and won their back to back FA Trophy victories

- The same year Braintree reached the Conf South as Ryman Champions just ahead of Heybridge Swifts.

- After that Chelmsford won the Ryman, Hornchurch and Braintree reached the play-offs of their leagues with Canvey and Concord both being promoted from their leagues.

- These last couple of seasons Concord have had a run in the Vase and been promoted again, Chelmsford have reached a play-off final, had a run in the FA Cup and currently Braintree are topping their league with Concord and Hornchurch as well as Billericay all in the mix for Ryman play-offs.

I'm sure Thurrock have had a bit of a run in their somewhere and Redbridge came so close to taking Canvey's place in the Ryman Premier. It's as if the Essex clubs allow success to do the rounds.

However as a fan of CIFC, I have to say that as we've been back in the Ryman for five seasons now I would liked and expected to have had more than just the Ryman 1N Play-Off Winners trophy to our name. The County or League Cup would be ideal whilst we build that promotion winning squad, but that's just me! :monkey:

Edited by Matt H

As I said in a previous post, I go into each season looking to make improvements on the season before, both on and off the pitch. I'm content with this myself, we'll win some, we'll lose some, but overall we get to ride on the rollercoaster that is supporting a football club for another season. I do believe that we will become a Conference South club in due course, but I'd like to see this happen when everything is in place to achieve this, not just the team that goes out on the pitch. This involves increasing our potential for other revenues to subsidise the increased costs of playing at that level and continuing to raise our profile, which the club are working hard on doing.

However, I know that my view isn't shared with many who do want to see us push on to the next level asap, including the management. This is the best squad that we have had since returning to the Ryman Leagues, and the steps taking place off of the pitch are exciting. I think to Batchy, anything less than a playoff place this season would be disappointing. I think that this is doable, especially considering that we've already played a lot of the top sides this season already with many of the bottom half teams still to play.

My personal opinion in regards to Concord is that you're trying to do things too quickly, but credit to you for going for it. Lots of clubs, including ourselves, and found out that their ambition was more than they could realistically sustain - where your level is only time will tell. You may take this as you like, but I look at every club now who are rising up through the divisions and recollect our experience in reaching the Conference, and wouldn't wish how that finished on anybody.

On a side note, is it true that you guys are serving caviar in the burger bar these days....? :)

There are many people who are bigger CIFC fans and also more knowledgeable than I, but I think the club had it's fingers burnt when we exited the Conference and from my own understanding, we were fortunate to be left in a position where we still had a club. We had to drop three levels, but at least we didn't have to reform and kept our ground too... I'm not convinced Canvey (the town) wants or can sustain anything higher than Isthmian Premier. I'd love to see us in the Conference South and dream of a return to the Premier, but I don't feel it's particularly realistic.

Good luck to Concord, but I believe any progression up the pyramid needs to supported by a larger and larger fan base.

I live in hope that the people of Canvey can be convinced to support their teams in larger numbers.

I want a new club house with a range of facilities, the Island needs a good gym and community centre!

I want a play off place this season!

I want a youth structure that brings on local talent!

I want a new training facilty!

I want the type of growth into the Conference that means we can stay there!

I want a new club house with a range of facilities, the Island needs a good gym and community centre!

You better start supporting The Beachboys then !:brille008:

You bite everytime! Lol

You bite everytime! Lol

???????

If anyone else can find him having a bite there, let me know :frown:

Anyway, 11 days until you're going to destroy our season and leave us heartbroken, crying into our brown envelopes, in our stinky stadium at the small club on the Island ay?

Look forward to it!