Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Moanestoft!

What a miserable bunch they were! I've not seen a team permanently in the referee's ear all night like that for a long time.

Their number 5 who got Jay booked should be ashamed of himself, as should the referee who booked Curran for kicking the ball into the net after being called offside after letting about 5 of the same instances go! Unbelievable! A bit of consistency is a minimum requirement, and that referee showed very little.

As for the performance, we played very well indeed. Rhodes and Dumas down the left wing look like they've gotten even quicker (if that is possible!), and caused Lowestoft problems all night. Healesy held the ball up well and did showed some tremendous skill throughout, and was unlucky not to score with his header that hit the post. The move for that chance was great football from front to back, and certainly deserved to see the net bulge. Their keeper did well to tip Rhodes' free kick onto the post as well, and with Matty Game's chances and Jay's one on one, we could have thumped them on another night.

All in all, I was really pleased with this performance which kept us warm on a cold night. Shame the three points didn't come with the performance, but if we go to Tonbridge and play the same way then I'm sure we'll come back to the island very happy indeed!

I don't think I've ever seen us hit the woodwork on so many occasions than we have this season.

I think the Lowestoft back-line can count their selves lucky that the hand-ball penalty claim in the first half was on the Lino's blindside, but the Referee should certainly have seen that the player controlled the ball with his arm to prevent it going past him and out for a corner. Saying that I think the Ref knew he'd made a mistake and made amends by not awarding Lowestoft their penalty claim in the second half.

Lowestoft set out their stall to defend and hit us on the break, something they did well and they produced a couple of good moves, but like us couldn't find the finish in the box. Their Striker will be kicking himself that he directed their best effort past the post.

I think with all the regulars back and everyone playing to as close to their normal positions as can be then we looked a very solid unit going forward. It was good to see Game getting stuck in after missing the last couple of games and Healsey, (my MotM) was full of skill to work the balls through to Jay or King, likewise with Game to Dumas or Rhodes.

Again, I would like to have seen Ellis and Hallett come on for the last twenty last night as it was evident as Lowestoft had their dominant spell towards the end of the game that our forwards had run their selves ragged and needed replacing. Heale in particular who looked so knackered he didn't have the energy to jump for anything. But it is a gamble in a game like that.

Lowestoft had some pacy full-backs, so our crosses from the touch-line were limited but when they did come through they were sublime and the pass and move along the floor was quick and accurate when it wasn't intercepted and countered

Before the game I would've taken a draw, having witnessed the game I'd have to say it was definately 2-points dropped over the 90 minutes, but we still aren't making the most of our possession and punishing teams that come to play all defensive.

Edited by Matt H

Thought it was a very good performance last night against a decent Lowestoft side.

As Matt said, we tired a bit in the last 20 minutes and struggled to keep possesion but our defence was excellent and James has only had to make one save during the entire 90 minutes.

Tought Mooro and Easterford were excellent at the back and Matt Game and Dobbo never stopped running and closing down the opposition in midfield.

For me, Dumas was man of the match. Defended well and got down the left on a number of occasions to put quality crosses into the box.

My only criticism would be, we lacked a bit of a cutting edge up front at times to finish off some of the good approach play we produced. Also Healesey and Jay looked knackered at the end so it would have been good to have seen Ellis come on and give the Lowestoft defence a few headaches.

Edited by YELLOW