Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Zara Phillips & Mike Tindall

What do members think of Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall announcing their engagement last week and, more importantly, what Zara sees in the rugged 32 year old rugby player. Tindall shocked 12th in line to the throne Zara when he went down on one knee following a lengthy courtship, the couple met during the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Australia. Zara said that she was taken by surprise by Tindall's proposal, "i was really shocked but I am very happy" she cooed. Tindall added "i am delighted that Zara has agreed to marry me, we are both very excited about the next stage of our lives together". The 'happy' couple dressed down for eager photographers outside their Gloucestershire home donning jeans and winter jackets in freezing temperatures, which were a far cry from Prince William and Kate Middleton's formal announcement recently.

I'm quite surprised nobody has commented on this thread as yet, it seems to me that Tindall only proposed to Zara in order to steal some of Prince William and Kate Middleton's thunder not wanting to be outdone, he seems that sort of bloke

• 2 months later...

Do we know whether the wedding is still on, surely it can't be

• 4 months later...

I see that amazingly Mike Tindall somehow managed to get Zara Phillips to the altar yesterday however 'the big day' passed by with barely a mention in the press or on the news. What with Tindall's rugby commitments and Zara's horse riding, particularly with the Olympics fast approaching, I will be surprised if they are still together this time next year.

• 1 month later...

Well that didn't take long did it folks, Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall's marriage is already looking over bar the shouting after Tindall was photographed kissing an attractive buxom blonde in New Zealand and having his head buried in her ample cleavage:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a340522/zara-phillipss-husband-mike-tindall-accused-of-kissing-woman-in-new-zealand.html

............... and Tindall won't be dropped for going out on the piss.

Well - I suppose that IS rugby for you !

It's a big set up,apparently as per norm the press paid for some girls to go to the nightspot and liven things up with tindall being the target.

Not 2 months after the press thoroughly degraded theirselves with phone hacking of the lowest order being exposed they are back to their seedy dirty little selves in the name of a good story,which let's face it only the scummy layabouts that seem to be more and more popular in this country nowadays seem to be interested in such stories.

Tindall was just being a bloke among other blokes who had had a drink,probably a bit naive but he will learn

Big JR - Really, I don't think Zara is anything to write home about and a bit too 'horsey' for my liking, like her Mother, it's strange as Mike Tindall and her seem like chalk and cheese

• 2 months later...

I would give my right arm to know what is going on behind closed doors with Zara Phillips and beleaguered Mike Tindall, in my post of 31 July I said that I would be surprised if they are still together this time next year, ie July 2012, but can I change that to Christmas of this year.

What they do behind closed doors is probably very interesting, but is their business alone.

Luckily for them though, 'The News Of The World' is no more !

:ph34r:

Eastside Urchin - Do you think she enjoys that then

I wonder what the Queen thinks of her favourite Grandchild's choice of husband as well as Tindall's antics in New Zealand

I wonder what the Queen thinks of her favourite Grandchild's choice of husband as well as Tindall's antics in New Zealand

After some of her husbands antics and 'gaffs'. I reckon she had a good larf !!

:unsure:

Big JR – Yes but what Mike Tindall got up to in New Zealand shortly after his wedding to the Queen’s Granddaughter doesn’t compare in the slightest to the odd verbal gaffe by Prince Philip at the often boring events he and the Queen are forced to attend year in year out, it’s easy to say something that can be construed as rude or heartless.

Of course Cliffy, this sort of thing simply does not go on within the Royal Family and you are right while everyone else is wrong! Tindall being approached by a model paid by a tabloid to try and compromise him by kissing him is a disgrace.

Other stories that Cliffy does not agree with include this one from 2004:-

'The Duke of Edinburgh enjoyed a 'highly-charged' relationship with a beautiful aristocrat 25 years his junior, according to a highly authoritative biography.

The Duchess of Abercorn admitted to royal author Gyles Brandreth, a friend of Philip, that she had a 'passionate friendship' with him for more than 20 years, describing him as someone who 'needs a playmate'.

The book gives credence to rumours that the 83-year- old prince has been unfaithful to the Queen by quoting another aristocrat as saying he 'has had fullblown affairs, and more than one'. -

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-12998611-prince-philips-passion-for-duchess.do

The Queen would never put up with other family members having flings, the heir to the throne never had an extra-marital affair with a woman he would later marry. Her daughter never had marital problems, her second son didn't have a marriage ending in divorce amidst rumours of affairs on both sides. We can reveal that Cliffy is the only one who knows the truth and that a grandson in law set up by a tabloid is the worst thing to ever happen within the Her Madge's family. Shame!

The Queen would never put up with other family members having flings, the heir to the throne never had an extra-marital affair with a woman he would later marry. Her daughter never had marital problems, her second son didn't have a marriage ending in divorce amidst rumours of affairs on both sides. We can reveal that Cliffy is the only one who knows the truth and that a grandson in law set up by a tabloid is the worst thing to ever happen within the Her Madge's family. Shame

Loosely – All I’m saying is that I very much doubt the Queen approved of Tindall from day one so you would have thought that he would do his utmost to keep his nose clean and stay in the shadows earning the odd brownie point with the Royal Family along the way, as it has turned out he has done the exact opposite and totally blotted his copybook.