Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harrow Borough v Canvey Island

ShedBoy

A tough away game tomorrow against a side that are bang in form.

We should go into the game full of confidence after Mondays derby win against Ricay..

Im going for a 2 - 1 win, goals coming from Heale and Moore

We have a full supporters coach tomorrow and several fans on the Team Coach, so we should see a good turnout by the Yellow Army.. We do have limited spaces left on the Team Coach so if you would like to travel please contact Chris on 0774 092 1532.

Happy New Year to my fellow Gulls Fans

I reckon 2-0 Canvey with Matty Game and Rhodes getting the goals.

a dreadful performance. The defence just didn't turn up at all although we were not helped with Ashley Dumas not being able to play due to illlness (he was being sick on the coach to the game) and Matt Game being out injured.

Harrow were quicker to the ball and looked like they'd score everytime they went forward. The Japanese lad they had on the wing caused us all sorts of problems.

Didn't really have anything up front either and in midfield we were nowhere. OK, the pitch wasn't great and the ref made some strange decisions especially in the first half but this was a woeful display.

I could have understood if we had played like this against Billericay after a long time without a game but this simply was a diabolical performance. We simply just didn't turn up and the game was lost within the first 8 minutes.

Westy came on for Danny Kerrigan. Isa replaced Danny Heale and Ellis came on for Hallett.

Not sure about Wardy. I know he was at the game.

I have to agree with Yellow it was not one of our best performances! The ref gave one of the softest penaties ever and awarded a corner when it should have been a foul to us. This resulted in us being 2-0 down in the first 8 minutes. We seemed to get over this setback with a fine goal to make it 2-1 after about15 minutes, but after that we just went to pieces we were slow and the conditions seem to drain our players very quickly and we look at least a yard behind the play.

Yellow is right every time they went forward they looked like they would score and the 4th and 5th goals were excellent well made goals with the 4th being a long range shot that dipped at the last minute giving J R no chance. I travelled to the game having to go through central London because of the M25 being shut and after making the effort to get to the game I would have hoped that the players would have put more effort in.

Lets hope we can bounce back from this and turn Sutton, who lost to Horsham yesterday, over on Tuesday night.

Comee you Yellows

I wonder whether some of the players were struggling with illness as we really seemed a yard off the pace.

Harrow are a quick side but at times we were chasing shadows.

I think you may be right there Yellow. You say Dumas was being ill on the coach travelling to the match and I'm pretty sure illness was what resulted in Kingy being replaced at half-time on Monday, so there may well be a bug going around the changing room. I seem to recall that's what kept some of the Billericay players out of action against us as well.

I think you may be right there Yellow. You say Dumas was being ill on the coach travelling to the match and I'm pretty sure illness was what resulted in Kingy being replaced at half-time on Monday, so there may well be a bug going around the changing room. I seem to recall that's what kept some of the Billericay players out of action against us as well.

Attempted to locate the history showing where the team was this time last year?

Given every one here consideres the team has better players should progress be better than at present?

If the players are improved across the team is the coaching improved or otherwise?

or

Is the team doing very well?

We're doing well, not very well and if I'm honest I don't think we're fulfilling our potential as often as many people would like.

If memory serves me correctly, we were 8th in the League this time last season, possibly a position or two lower.

Looking back over the fixtures from 5th December 2009 to the end of our season on 24th April 2010 our form was shocking!

Played - 25 (59% of the season)

Won - 5 (20%)

Drew - 7 (28%)

Lost - 13 (52%)

Tonight is our 21st League game marking the half-way point of our season. Last season our halfway point game came as a 5 - 1 victory over Cray Wanderers on 16th January.

This season so far we're on:

Played 20 (47%)

Won - 7 (35%)

Drawn - 7 (35%)

Lost - 6 (30%)

To me that form looks decidedly average, yes we've won more than we've lost, but equally we've also drawn as many as we've won.

As for the players I think John has brought some real quality to the Club this season, (Game, Dumas, Rhodes) and blended them in well within an experienced squad, (Crow, Dobbo, Moore, Ward, Heale) as well as include a few of the younger ones in matches coming off the bench, (Skidmore, Britnell, Matthews) to partner the core players already established in the starting XI like Russell, King and Easterford. John has also added some Ryman Premier League experience to the dugout by allowing Alzapiedi to be his Assistant and we've seen Crow get more involved with warming the players up on matchdays.

Again if I'm honest we do have one or two players who would probably benefit from being released so they can get more games under their belts and free up some money for us to purchase a player or two in the positions we really need cover for. A huge concern that I have at present is noted in the Ryman League bulletins that are posted on this forum - Our top scorer in the League has only scored six goals in these 20 games and I think all but one of them have come from penalties!

"A huge concern that I have at present is noted in the Ryman League bulletins that are posted on this forum - Our top scorer in the League has only scored six goals in these 20 games and I think all but one of them have come from penalties"

So when does the likes of Ellis Skidmore who I think scored 6 or 7 goals in 9 game on loan at Redbridge and a goal on his debut against football league opposition get his chance...??? where is the downside..?? where is the incentive for players to perform when they know they are going to play week in week out however they play..?? The goal count this season and last is not good enough if you take James Rowe out of the stats..

just my view...

Good point there BLV! I do find it "weird" that on a few occassions, around the 70 minute mark once Heale and Curran have run their selves ragged, Hallett and Skidmore aren't introduced sooner/more frequent, especially if both are on bench. I know Skidmore came on against Harrow but we'd already conceded five by that point and even if he'd scored a hat-trick it would've been too big an ask.

I think as well as another striker we could really do with a goalscoring central midfielder, somebody who can pop up from midfield and snatch a few goals.

We haven't really had someone like that since Jeff Minton. The likes of Ryan Edgar and Gab Fanibuyan were skillful players but didn't really score enough goals.