Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey vs Sutton

Golden Boots

Sutton come to you on the back of a pretty embarassing loss against Horsham, so they'll be looking to bounce back straightaway.

As will you guys, going by the comments on here you were found wanting against Harrow.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw, Danny Heale and Richard Jolly with the goals. Attendance 218

Harrow are the form team in the ryman and have thumped kingstonian and north basildon away, but we are the form team at home inthe last 4 home games just ahead of the thames road team, i think we will win 2-0 the att 312, sutton will bring some but with west ham on the telly it will keep it to around the 300 mark

Canvey 1-1 Sutton. Att 256.

Appalling, woeful, shocking, diabolical! - All terms applicable for the performance of tonight's Officials.

Canvey were 1 - 0 up inside three minutes through Jason Hallett and the Sutton defence is truly putting it out there on a plate for us. Their 2, 3 and 5 all having a nightmare in the first-half and their 'Keeper not much better. The Yellow Army get on their backs and they don't like it up 'em! Then the tackles come flying in, Rhodes is flattened, Game is barged over, Hallett is pulled to the floor. Healsey is crunched. The Officials do nothing, until Canvey give it some welly back and concede some highly questionable free-kicks, (in terms of what Sutton were getting away with).

Canvey are attacking, playing the much better football throughout, when Healsey is compacted and has both his legs taken out from under him. The Referee gives nothing, Sutton break, Mooro is judged to have commited a foul, penalty to Sutton, 1 - 1.

Second half, Canvey are more subdued they know they're having to play against 14 men. Hallett plays on despite needing treatment in the first half for being bundled. Sutton break, Rusty tips the ball clear, but Easterford collides with the attacker. Assistant Referee signals for a penalty, 2 - 1 to Sutton.

Canvey continue to attack our forwards looking tired and in need of replacing, Mooro is moved up front to play alongside Hallett as we play three at the back. Both Hallett and Heale are pulled down within the penalty area once more, the Referee laughs off the protests. Healsey is constricted once more and dispossessed just inside the Sutton half, the ball is hurled long into the path of Sutton's no. 7 who hits the half-volley into the net for a wonder-strike.

3 - 1 down with five minutes to go, Canvey replace Moore with Skidmore, (Skidmore's introduction is about 15 minutes too late in my eyes), but the damage is already done.

Canvey tonight were missing, Jay Curran, Steve Ward, Craig Davidson and Danny Kerrigan, whilst as well as Isa and Skidmore who came on, the bench was made up with West, Britnell and Matthews.

Roll on Saturday, where I hope Canvey will continue their entertaining, attacking football against Margate, but not have to put up with the three t**ts who were in charge of tonight's affairs!

Edited by Matt H

The referee after the game:

"For the second penalty, the ball hit him in the face and then maybe his hand."

Two things confuse me: the usage of the word maybe, but more importantly the 'hit him in the face and then maybe his hand'. If it hit him in his face, how can he control where it goes after that?!

Their kitman rubbed salt into the wounds though by telling everyone after the game "can we have this ref every week, we'd never lose again!"

What a joke, the smug official in the middle ruined what looked to be an exciting match.

Hopefully we can play just as well as we did today on Saturday, we'll surely get some luck soon!!

Referee was pretty dreadful and you could tell the players' heads went down when he gave the first penalty. You could tell it was going to be one of those nights when nothing went right and we had no luck.

Thought it was a decent performance from the team otherwise and we deserved at least a draw. Until the penalty, Sutton weren't in the match and we were the better team.

You could argue we were sloppy on the 2nd goal and we should never have got ourselves into the situation of them having a shot which lead to the alledged handball but it really didn't look a handball at all.

After the 2nd penalty we were up against it and didn't really test Sutton enough.

Thought Rhodesy was excellent in the first half but faded in the second.

Jason Hallett had a good game. Worked hard and got himself into some good positions.

Fair play to their number 7 who scored a cracking goal.

The referee after the game:

"For the second penalty, the ball hit him in the face and then maybe his hand."

Two things confuse me: the usage of the word maybe, but more importantly the 'hit him in the face and then maybe his hand'. If it hit him in his face, how can he control where it goes after that?!

That's because the twat didn't have a bloody clue and allowed the Lino to give the penalty.

I really think after the first 20 minutes the Referee had a brain fart and thought to himself, "How the hell can Sutton be top of the league going by this performance? I think I better make it a bit fairer for them."

Funnily enough on the Sutton forum, they felt they were both clear penalties and were surprised Easterford wasn't sent off for the handball or Rusty booked for handling outside the area.

In my eyes the first would've been a softer penalty than most we've seen before, but the foul on Heale was clear cut enough that play should've been stopped immediately.

I see also on the Sutton forum, they feel we got away with some dubious Refereeing decisions, in particular Hallett rolling onto the pitch when injured as he'd been hurt whilst off the touchline. My argument to that would be that fair enough, Hallett did roll back on the pitch, but again if the lardarse hadn't jumped on him to begin with, (thus escaping a booking whether off the pitch or not) he wouldn't have even needed the treatment full-stop!

For the two penalties given to Sutton, there were at least equal enough opportunities for Canvey to be awarded one in response.

As a side note, do we know why we were missing so many players last night? Has Dumas been spreading the lurg? :smilewinkgrin:

Edited by Matt H

Rubbish officials seem to be the norm in this league, but to have one who gives blatant wrong decisions to the opposition and then turns and smirks and smiles to the canvey supporters and seems to give a thumbs up sign is a referee who seemed to know what he was doing and enjoying it, has he been to the brockwell before?. As for sutton , dartford were far better and a much bigger club and are struggling in the blue square south, so if they did go up i think we could see them again soon.

On the player front is steve ward out of favour seems to be sub or just not around and as for the team i hope we are not on our usual dec- april loss of form as weve lost 4 of our last 6 and why do we seem to fade in the second half of home matches when kicking towards the car park end.

Rubbish officials seem to be the norm in this league, but to have one who gives blatant wrong decisions to the opposition and then turns and smirks and smiles to the canvey supporters and seems to give a thumbs up sign is a referee who seemed to know what he was doing and enjoying it, has he been to the brockwell before?. As for sutton , dartford were far better and a much bigger club and are struggling in the blue square south, so if they did go up i think we

could see them again soon.

On the player front is steve ward out of favour seems to be sub or just not around and as for the team i hope we are not on our usual dec- april loss of form as weve lost 4 of our last 6 and why do we seem to fade in the second half of home matches when kicking towards the car park end.

And calling there players all by there first names. -

why do we seem to fade in the second half of home matches when kicking towards the car park end.

I don't know what goes on in the changing room at half-time but as an observation, too often we come out for the second half and play the first twenty minutes really subdued. It almost seems as if the team have been told to hold back and soak up the pressure before playing the counter-attack. Perfect example of this is down our left-hand side. First half, Rhodes 9 times out of 10 will bring the ball to the byline before crossing low and with power as shown last night for Jason's goal. More often than not he will have Dumas back him up and even on occasions overlap.

During the second half, Dumas rarely enters the opposition's half and Rhodes' crosses come from deep, usually no more than 10-15 yards from the half-way line into the penalty area at head-height or above, which again 9 times out of 10 is cleared from danger with ease. It's like a total transformation of attacking play from the lads.

Edited by Matt H

Rubbish officials seem to be the norm in this league, but to have one who gives blatant wrong decisions to the opposition and then turns and smirks and smiles to the canvey supporters and seems to give a thumbs up sign is a referee who seemed to know what he was doing and enjoying it, has he been to the brockwell before?. As for sutton , dartford were far better and a much bigger club and are struggling in the blue square south, so if they did go up i think we

could see them again soon.

And calling there players all by there first names. -

I WOULD ASK YOUR SECRETARY TO CALL HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THAT IN FUTURE HE MUST CALL YOU

LEMBIT !!!