Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-October 17 )

• Photo
    Springer

• Photo
    DAMO

Photo

Return To The Ryman XI

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
2 replies to this topic

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
What would you "Return To The Ryman XI" look like from the 2006/07 season to the present day?

I'd go for...

GK: James Russell
LB: Ashley Dumas
RB: Tarkan Mustafa
CB: Chris Moore
CB: John Easterford
LM: Alex Rhodes
RM: Leon Gordon
CM: David Lee
CM: Matt Game
ST: Leon Antoine
ST: James Rowe

Subs:

Andrew West
Kevin Dobinson
Gabriel Fanibuyan
Jay Curran
Danny Heale

A tough one really, especially deciding between Antoine/Heale and Game/Dobinson. Antoine struggled with injury, but when he was at his best he was near on unstoppable. He didn't have the skill for bringing other people into the game which Danny does, but as a goal scorer I feel he did a decent job for us. Saying that, I'm hoping that if Danny adds to his current tally of 9 with a similar number in the second half of the season, I'll be forced to change these around!

For me Matt Game is Kevin Dobinson mark 2, as I see so many traits in him which Dobbo displayed in our Championship winning season. I'd like to see him score more goals (1 would be a start!!), but his defensive midfield role has been carried out superbly.

Had Wardy not have suffered from injury as he has he may well have made the squad/starting XI, but it's been hard to look beyond Moore & Easterford (although Dave Kreyling would get in a fan's favourite XI I'm sure!!)

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
GK - James Russell
DR - Tarkan Mustafa
DL - Ashley Dumas
DC - John Easterford
DC - Ben Patten
MR - Leon Gordon
ML - Alex Rhodes
MC - Kevin Dobinson
MC - Matt Game
ST - Leon Antoine
ST - James Rowe

SUBS: Chris Moore, Jon Stuart, Robbie King, Gabby Fanibuyan, Nicky Rugg

I have included Ben Patten as I think before his hamstring injury and dip in form he was as good as John Easterford is now. Had we been able to have them two playing alongside each other I think we'd have had a watertight pairing. Dobbo has to be in the starting XI cause he's equally good going forward as he is defending. If you combined Matt Game, Dave Lee and Ryan Edgar you'd still come out with Kevin Dobinson. It's difficult to put Leon Gordon as our best right winger, cause I think he's an even better Striker, but he made that position his own when called upon and had we been able to see Antoine and Rowe play together then I think that would've been a lethal combination on a par with Boylan and Gregory. Robbie King makes the bench based on this seasons form alone and if he can take it into future seasons I reckon he could end up claiming one of the central midfield positions as his own and Jon Stuart gets a mention for being a great understudy to Dumas.

Edited by Matt H, 20 January 2011 - 06:46 PM.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
GK - James Russell
DR - Tarkan Mustafa
DL - Ashley Dumas
DC - John Easterford
DC - Chris Moore
MR - Leon Gordon
ML - Alex Rhodes
MC - Kevin Dobinson
MC - Gabriel Fanibuyan
ST - Danny Heale
ST - James Rowe

subs

Craig Davidson
Andrew West
Matt Game
David Lee
Nicky Rugg

Gabs gets in just ahead of Matty Game as I believe he is one of the most skillful and exciting players on his day that we've seen at the Lane.

Healesy just shades the striker's spot from Nicky Rugg and David Lee in his short time with Canvey made a real impact. No denying his ability from set pieces.

Also can't deny the contribution Crow has made since he returned to the club.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus