Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Return To The Ryman XI

What would you "Return To The Ryman XI" look like from the 2006/07 season to the present day?

I'd go for...

GK: James Russell

LB: Ashley Dumas

RB: Tarkan Mustafa

CB: Chris Moore

CB: John Easterford

LM: Alex Rhodes

RM: Leon Gordon

CM: David Lee

CM: Matt Game

ST: Leon Antoine

ST: James Rowe

Subs:

Andrew West

Kevin Dobinson

Gabriel Fanibuyan

Jay Curran

Danny Heale

A tough one really, especially deciding between Antoine/Heale and Game/Dobinson. Antoine struggled with injury, but when he was at his best he was near on unstoppable. He didn't have the skill for bringing other people into the game which Danny does, but as a goal scorer I feel he did a decent job for us. Saying that, I'm hoping that if Danny adds to his current tally of 9 with a similar number in the second half of the season, I'll be forced to change these around!

For me Matt Game is Kevin Dobinson mark 2, as I see so many traits in him which Dobbo displayed in our Championship winning season. I'd like to see him score more goals (1 would be a start!!), but his defensive midfield role has been carried out superbly.

Had Wardy not have suffered from injury as he has he may well have made the squad/starting XI, but it's been hard to look beyond Moore & Easterford (although Dave Kreyling would get in a fan's favourite XI I'm sure!!)

GK - James Russell

DR - Tarkan Mustafa

DL - Ashley Dumas

DC - John Easterford

DC - Ben Patten

MR - Leon Gordon

ML - Alex Rhodes

MC - Kevin Dobinson

MC - Matt Game

ST - Leon Antoine

ST - James Rowe

SUBS: Chris Moore, Jon Stuart, Robbie King, Gabby Fanibuyan, Nicky Rugg

I have included Ben Patten as I think before his hamstring injury and dip in form he was as good as John Easterford is now. Had we been able to have them two playing alongside each other I think we'd have had a watertight pairing. Dobbo has to be in the starting XI cause he's equally good going forward as he is defending. If you combined Matt Game, Dave Lee and Ryan Edgar you'd still come out with Kevin Dobinson. It's difficult to put Leon Gordon as our best right winger, cause I think he's an even better Striker, but he made that position his own when called upon and had we been able to see Antoine and Rowe play together then I think that would've been a lethal combination on a par with Boylan and Gregory. Robbie King makes the bench based on this seasons form alone and if he can take it into future seasons I reckon he could end up claiming one of the central midfield positions as his own and Jon Stuart gets a mention for being a great understudy to Dumas.

Edited by Matt H

GK - James Russell

DR - Tarkan Mustafa

DL - Ashley Dumas

DC - John Easterford

DC - Chris Moore

MR - Leon Gordon

ML - Alex Rhodes

MC - Kevin Dobinson

MC - Gabriel Fanibuyan

ST - Danny Heale

ST - James Rowe

subs

Craig Davidson

Andrew West

Matt Game

David Lee

Nicky Rugg

Gabs gets in just ahead of Matty Game as I believe he is one of the most skillful and exciting players on his day that we've seen at the Lane.

Healesy just shades the striker's spot from Nicky Rugg and David Lee in his short time with Canvey made a real impact. No denying his ability from set pieces.

Also can't deny the contribution Crow has made since he returned to the club.