Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sky Sack Andy Gray!

ShedBoy

Simply put , his comments were derogatory to women and football in a time where the big-wigs want to take equality in sport forward.

As Charlie says, making reference to gender nowadays is as bad as referring to skin colour, nationality and sexual orientation.

Can you imagine if she was an openly gay, black, german, lino?

Andy Gray is an idiot.

If you're involved in the media, you can't go making those comments especially in this 'day and age'.

The likes of Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh were sacked so it was inevitable Gray was going to go the same way.

What a lot double standard crap! PC gone mad.

1 Private conversation.

2 Watch loose women every day and see worse

3 The same producers present far worse on Soccer AM

4 When was the last time you phoned to complain about the content of question of sport.

5 I have heard some of you say far worse to a referee.

Here comes a bandwagon.....

What a lot double standard crap! PC gone mad.

2 Watch loose women every day and see worse

That's definitely true. Male bashing [censored] and nothing ever gets done about that. The presenters on that are hardly whiter than white!!!

The sensitivity of some people, well said MOB as well!! Andy Gray is a kn0b jocky, we all know that, but he has been well and truely stitched up and Richard Keyes is about to be as well! Obviously there is a time and place but we all get text jokes that are way near the mark, we all laugh at them, we all laugh at a certain less abled supporter in our crowd and find that acceptable, and that is everyone who has posted on here! No physical harm has come to anyone, Sian Massey certainly hasn't made an issue of the incident, so what if it was sexist, are we now to be censored in every area of life, have people lost all reality and humour! I will laugh all day long at sexist and racist jokes but if I witnessed anyone being offended, hurt and abused I would be the first person to jump in and defend them. Sticks and stones and so on, we are all guilty, dont you think we are going over the top with this. There are far more serious issues in life, one of them being that I must make sure that my wife doesnt watch the tele whilst she is cremating my dinner!!!!!!

Ok boys following your comments should Pete Doherty sue!!!

That is outragous, we should start a campaign to make sure that horrible, nasty, sexist women never work in the television industry again!!!!! And that was so untrue, my house would never be a mess because I would hire a female cleaner to tidy it up, all sussyed up and everything, whoar!!!!!

I don't think for one second what was said between Gray and Keys was said in jest or humour...the fact they got caught out is there own fault (maybe they might have learned having a microphone tied to themselves for the last 20 years!)

I don't think for one second what was said between Gray and Keys was said in jest or humour...the fact they got caught out is there own fault (maybe they might have learned having a microphone tied to themselves for the last 20 years!)

they should replace both of them

with 2 birds with big boobs

Andy Gray's defence is, as MOB said, it was a private conversation. Someone else had to have leaked the chat as it wasn't broadcasted on air so only certain crew members would've heard it. So he's probably been stitched up by one of his own work colleagues.

Having said that, this has come about because he made derogatory comments about her being female, not because she's an Assistant Referee.

Remember that time when we played Lowestoft in the Trophy a couple of seasons ago and one of their fans called the Lino a "F&cking useless black bar steward"? There was a heated exchange on the terraces after that for questioning his skin colour.

Yes a lot of the time we abuse the Officials for what we deem to be a poor decision, sometimes we hold them in the same vein as Traffic Wardens. But I've never heard a member of the Yellow Army shout to a female official that they shouldn't be allowed out the Kitchen or whatever. The most a female Physio gets nowadays is a simple wolf whistle.

Edited by Matt H

Loads of videos coming out of Gray and Keys saying stuff like this. When I watch them I think "would I get away with saying that where I work", and the answer would almost certainly be no. I don't think they should be any different, saying these things down the pub is one thing, saying them at a place of work is something else, regardless if the conversation was thought to be private or not.

And he was not stitched up because he was sueing the aussie racist Murdoch for tapping his phone???

Gray is a biggotted sexist,but he is our biggoted sexist who is blokish and 100% football.

Lets replace him with someone equally sexist who has not offended the aussie racist.

I would not use those comments at work, and probably not against any woman other than Mrs MOB (after 30 years I am entitled) but in a ladish place like that studio it was the norm!!

A muslim can insist his wife must walk 5 paces behind him, Gypsy lads "grab" girls against their will, Jewish woman are banished when on their cycle, eastern europeans in this country openly enslave women in servitude contracts.

White anglo saxon and celtic males cant hold a private conversation!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever watched loose women, Jeremy Kyle and Lorraine!!!!