Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island V Hastings Utd

Matt H

Have your camera ready at about 4.50 on Saturday, you never know, you may get another Kodak moment!!!

How very right you were Gaffer! Funny how these things happen in football!

Delighted with another clean sheet and another 3 points today. Both sides had chances to score further goals, but I'll take a 1-0 all day long! No midweek game, I hope the lads take it easy before home matches against Hendon and Croydon, where we have to be aiming to take another 6 points on our own turf.

Great atmosphere today from the Yellow Army, top draw support!

I cant believe how quickly the opportunity came round, didn't see that result coming to be honest, but glad it did after the stick we were given after our Harrow defeat!!!! dance%20%282%29.gif cheesy%20%282%29.gif:yay:

From what I have been told, we were lucky to come away with the 3 points but thats brilliant, how many times have we outplayed and dominated teams and come away empty handed, well done to the Mighty Yellows!!! That's now 3 on the bounce in the league, lets keep this up and a play-off place is well within our grasp!!!

A game where we done the job without really getting out of 2nd or 3rd gear.

We didn't have the best of pre match preperation after not arriving at Hasting ground until 2:15pm due to the coach company we use having all there Coaches damaged after a break in at the yard they are kept.

We were without Kingy, Hallett, Wardy & Dumas so all in all a good 3 points.

Special mention to John Easterford for an exception goal line clearance in the 90th min!

3 wins and 3 cleansheets on the spin in the League which is all good, a tough looking game coming up with Hendon on Saturday but a winnable one!

Have your camera ready at about 4.50 on Saturday, you never know, you may get another Kodak moment!!!

U obviously had some inside info ! lol

Spooky, I only found my 2011 sports almanac the other week!!! If only I put some money on it!!

I think we were lucky at times in that we actually got the rub of the green most times but Hastings only tactic was to counter at speed or look dangerous from corners. However they didn't account for super Johnny Easterford being at the top of the his game even with flu and prevent a certain equaliser in about the 95th minute.

I thought we did well seeing as we changed formation to accomodate the loss of Rob King. Crow came into the centre of midfield and Healsey played up top on his own with Rhodes and Curran on the wings. The Hastings pitch looked incredibly wide and that really suited Rhodesy as he beat his man more often than not and especially in the second half he started linking up well with Westy down that side.

I also thought Dobbo and especially Gameo had great games too in the middle, they were comfortable being supported by Crow and had ample opportunities to get forward and support Heale. With a bit more practice and the right personnel I think we'd do pretty well to take this as a secondary formation.

Onwards and upwards Gulls, two must win home games coming up next week.

I wondered why that Delorean was parked outside your house the other day Simmo!

Going back to the Hastings game, what a great atmosphere the Yellow Army created, superb support!

Was indeed excellent, very vocal with some great banter!

If you have never sampled an away trip travelling on the supporters coach its well worth it! Always good fun what ever the result!

I wondered why that Delorean was parked outside your house the other day Simmo!

Going back to the Hastings game, what a great atmosphere the Yellow Army created, superb support!

I know mate, I have your Dad to thank for that , and that was serious rocket fuel as well, I hope your Mum didn't mind going without her favourate tipple!!!

Great pitch Shedboy, the awaydays are always better, the banter is better, the atmosphere on the coach and so on. Obviously it is always better when we win, but remember the round of applause in the bar from the Harrow fans after our mauling there?? The Sudbury play-off semi was great, as was Ware, Arseley and Maldon in the same season and who can forget the play-off final, awesome!!! The Yellow Army, however many go always do more than their fair share to create a buzzing atmosphere and the players must feel the effort from YA on the pitch. Keep on getting behind them, tell your mates, anyone who sick of being ripped off by their favourate Premiership team, book a coach trip and we will do our best to rip you off as well!!!! (I still wonder why I lost my door to door salesman's job :huh: )

I was speaking to someone today and I just wished I was on the coach on the way home from this game, I heard about the answer machine message, pure class, I love it you Mighty Yellow Army!!!!