Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Its an important game - Unswerving support please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
24 replies to this topic

offline Alan W (GNFC)

Alan W (GNFC)
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Nature of the beast, I think, James.

Everyone goes over the top when we lose a couple of games and similarly, one win gets everyone being positive again.

Being positive is certainly no bad thing as long as we dont get fooled into thinking that we've totally cracked it based on that one game.

Still, you have to agree that it was the best football that we've played this season - when we got the ball down on the ground, we looked so much better, and one or two moves even spread the play from one side of the pitch to the other. No matter who the opposition is, if you stretch play and play the ball to feet, you will have a far better chance of winning games.

And, whilst Leigh werent great, I thought they too played some reasonable football when they got the ball down - very little penetration but I've seen a lot worse ( and dont forget, we lost at home to them last year, and indeed, against other such teams, so winning against this team represents an improvement)

As for missing players - the midfield looks considerably better when you have options both sides - alright we wont keep Walshe long term (at least I suspect we wont), but Drury will hopefully be as useful to us, and with Owen playing as he is on the right, I cant see where your complaint comes from.

A goalscoring forward - yes, we're short of one of those, but as has been said before, they dont grow on trees, so we'll have to make do for now, and who knows, creating more chances could see Pinnock and Haworth scoring more goals anyway.

offline James

James
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Alan I wasnt complaining but in midfield I feel Gradley is plaining not good enough although I am hopeful that Miller will turn out to be an inspired signing and Drury is very much unproven at Conference level and the forwards speak for themselves.
I havent forgotten how far we have come under Andyand some of the players that used to play for us but we want to remain in the Conference and not go through another 22 years of mediority.

offline mightymole

mightymole
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
lets have more games like this.....wins from what i heard that the fans helped so lets keep it up. red army

offline mightymole

mightymole
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
when we lose we go over the top and slag andy ford off when we win we go over the top, i know which one i prefer......the later.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Is that the armchair 'we' dear brother?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus