Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Predictions

Seeing as we don't have a midweek match...

Monday 31st January

Aveley 1-1 Hendon

With Aveley beating us in the cup and giving Sutton a real game on Saturday, it's obvious that they're improving under Carl Griffiths. Hendon have got plenty of goalscoring potential but do let a few in, and drew 2-2 at home with Cray. I've got this down as a 1-1 draw, although I wouldn't be surprised to see either side nicking it by the odd goal.

Kingstonian 1-2 Concord Rangers

Bit of a controversial one this, but I can see our island neighbours winning this one! They're going to be hurting after Saturday's thumping, and will be looking to bounce straight back. Kingstonian have been quite inconsistent recently, and lost 1-0 at home to Carshalton on Saturday. It all depends on what K's side comes out, but I've got a feeling that Concord will take advantage of Kingstonian's inability to put together a string of results recently.

Tuesday 1st February

AFC Hornchurch 1-0 Margate

If there was a picture in the dictionary next to the word "inconsitent", surely it would be the Margate badge!! Their win one, lose one, form this season has meant that they have never really got going, and following a good result in their 0-0 draw away to Harrow on Saturday I can see a defeat coming in this one. The Urchins surprisingly lost 2-0 at home to Horsham at the weekend, but I think there's enough about them to win this one.

Bury Town 2-0 Harrow Borough

Two of the league's form sides take on each other here, but on home soil I can't look past Bury. Harrow are a decent side, but Bury have built up a real head of steam and I think will see all of their home games as a chance to add another 3 points to their tally.

Hastings United 3-0 Folkestone Invicta

From two of the form sides in the previous match comes two of the teams in the worst form. Hastings weren't that bad against us and on another day could have earned a point. Folkestone are shipping goals all over the shop, and if Hastings get an early goal I can see them being too strong for Folkestone.

Horsham 2-1 Croydon Athletic

Croydon are getting stronger little by little, but Horsham's rate of improvement has been more noticable. After beating Hornchurch 2-0 on Saturday, I think they can carry off another win against Croydon.

Lowestoft Town 3-1 Billericay Town

Billericay have had a couple of wins recently, but both against teams near the foot of the table. Lowestoft will prove to be stiffer opposition, and away from home I think they will be too strong for our friends from the New Lodge. Coming back from 3-1 down away to Tonbridge to draw 3-3 on Saturday will have given Lowestoft yet another confidence boost.

Maidstone United 0-2 Tonbridge Angels

Maidstone were poor when we beat them a couple of weeks back, and haven't really suggested that they have improved much since. Tonbridge on other hand are one of the strongest sides in the league, and after a terrible start have to be considered as serious playoff contenders. I can see them strengthening their bid for the playoffs by winning this one comfortably.

Monday 31st January

Aveley 3-1 Hendon

Tuna to get a couple.

Kingstonian 2-0 Concord Rangers

Not having it, maybe they are about to go on a bad run.

Tuesday 1st February

AFC Hornchurch 2-0 Margate

Bury Town 1-1 Harrow Borough

Hastings United 2-1 Folkestone Invicta

Horsham 2-1 Croydon Athletic

Lowestoft Town 2-2 Billericay Town

I have a feeling Ricay will sneak something out of this game after getting back on track

Maidstone United 0-3 Tonbridge Angels

Maidstone have been the poorest team I have seen this season

Kingstonian have been awful at home recently. They looked dead certs for a play off spot or even challenging Sutton for the title about a month ago but can see them missing out on a top 5 place.

Edited by YELLOW

Went to the Aveley game tonight to see how good Hendon are. They seem very good going forward and created far more chances than Aveley, but did look a bit suspect at the back. If we can contain them on Saturday and watch the through ball which they play well, we should be able to test their defence, and create chances.

I must also add that it was not a very exciting game. It was good to see Batchy there.

Cum on you yellows.

Kingstonian have been awful at home recently. They looked dead certs for a play off spot or even challenging Sutton for the title about a month ago but can see them missing out on a top 5 place.

The K's have now lost 4 of there last 5 home games and are on a pretty poor run of late

They seem to have released some quality players since Xmas, which seems odd as they were on such a good run.

Can see them slipping out of the play off mix unless they make a few changes.

In reflection a good result for the chasing playoff contenders, fair play to the Beachboys for bouncing back!

By all accounts Hendon looked a decent side, so its safe to say we can expect a tough game on Saturday!

Was a very good result, just what they needed after Saturday. I was thinking that they might still be dwelling on the defeat and with Kingstonian being one of the play-off candidates I thought they would come unstuck. Credit were credit is due, that victory is a big statement from them!!!

Bring on the February 22nd, its going to be a cracker!!

The main thing was shutting you lot up after saturday ! lol

Was much said, I hadn't really noticed!!! dance%20%282%29.gif

Hornchurch equalise against Margate on 77 mins, Tommy Black.

Horsham v Croydon, with Croydon leading 2-0, has been stopped because of heavy fog. They're going to wait 10 mins to see if it clears. Other matches including Leatherhead have been abandoned due to fog, so this could be a massive let off for Horsham.

And it's now Bury 2 - 5 Harrow!!!

Another team to receiving a tonking at the hands of Harrow!

Hornchurch lead 2-1, scoring with 2 mins to go. Billericay have also scored an injury time time, making it 1-1 away to Lowestoft.

Horsham v Croydon abandoned! Gutted for the Rams, leading 2-0 at the time.

Full times:

AFC Hornchurch 2 - 1 Margate

Hastings United 2 - 2 Folkestone Invicta

Horsham A - A Croydon Athletic (0-2 with 15 mins to play)

Bury Town 2 - 5 Harrow Borough

Lowestoft Town 1 - 1 Billericay Town

Maidstone United 0 - 3 Tonbridge Angels

Tonbridge are having a great run at the moment. Sutton must be pleased with the likes of Bury, Kingstonian and Lowestoft dropping points during this week. Strengthens their position at the top.