Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Windsor & Eton To Be Wound Up

After Leyton were forced to pull out of the Ryman 1 North earlier this season, the following news has just been announced by Windsor & Eton FC:

http://www.wefc.co.uk/news/110130a.asp

There is something wrong with the game when clubs like Chelsea can spend £76.5m on Fernando Torres & David Luiz, whilst meanwhile great clubs with proud historys such as Leyton and Windsor & Eton can't even afford to exist. Something has to be done before the non league game falls to its knees.

There's definitely a great deal wrong with the game.

In my opinion, the leagues are too big, cover too great an area (on the whole) and there's too much expectation that teams should progress. I used to be of the opinion that every team should want to gain promotion, but I've changed my mind. A lot of clubs are comfortable where they're playing - this isn't the Football League or the Premiership, sometimes teams can't afford to increase their travelling distance and expenses, for the meagre improvement in attendances. It just isn't worth the hassle.

I despair that we have five national divisions in this country, four of which have twenty-four teams. I'd like to see divisions reduced and leagues played across smaller areas.

Nothing will change, of course.

I think in Germany for example, the top two divisions are national but below that everything is regionalised.

I think in Germany for example, the top two divisions are national but below that everything is regionalised.

just something to think about, windsor and eton have to travel 3739 miles this season, average gate 199, stoke city have to travel 3738 miles, average gate 26,848 and truro city in the same league as windsor have to travel 10,100 miles

just something to think about, windsor and eton have to travel 3739 miles this season, average gate 199, stoke city have to travel 3738 miles, average gate 26,848 and truro city in the same league as windsor have to travel 10,100 miles

oh and manchester united with an average gate over 70,000 have to travel 3844 miles

How about Newport IOW? Bet they have some round trips on Tuesday evenings.

they play in the wessex league so just a ferry across the solent and local from there, but i think they had money problems when playing in the southern league

oh and manchester united with an average gate over 70,000 have to travel 3844 miles

Thats a great bit of info HAYNAB, its a bit of an eye opener too when you put it that way! With fuel costs spiralling out of all proportion, I dont think these will be last clubs to fold at our level, we are still in a recession and fans are having to prioritise were their money goes! All clubs at all levels are suffering the effects and seeing lower crowds and it wont get better for a while yet!