Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 21-October 17 )

• Photo
    mrs_yellow

• Photo
    johnboy28

• Photo
    BigDogCol

Photo

Windsor & Eton To Be Wound Up

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
9 replies to this topic

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
After Leyton were forced to pull out of the Ryman 1 North earlier this season, the following news has just been announced by Windsor & Eton FC:

http://www.wefc.co.uk/news/110130a.asp

There is something wrong with the game when clubs like Chelsea can spend £76.5m on Fernando Torres & David Luiz, whilst meanwhile great clubs with proud historys such as Leyton and Windsor & Eton can't even afford to exist. Something has to be done before the non league game falls to its knees.

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
Whilst there is obviously a problem at the top end with all the money being spent,I believe Windsor and Etons owners didn't manage the club in the correct way and while I have every sympathy for the fans the clubs must be regulated more

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
There's definitely a great deal wrong with the game.
In my opinion, the leagues are too big, cover too great an area (on the whole) and there's too much expectation that teams should progress. I used to be of the opinion that every team should want to gain promotion, but I've changed my mind. A lot of clubs are comfortable where they're playing - this isn't the Football League or the Premiership, sometimes teams can't afford to increase their travelling distance and expenses, for the meagre improvement in attendances. It just isn't worth the hassle.
I despair that we have five national divisions in this country, four of which have twenty-four teams. I'd like to see divisions reduced and leagues played across smaller areas.

Nothing will change, of course.

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
I think in Germany for example, the top two divisions are national but below that everything is regionalised.

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves
  • Supports: CANVEY ISLAND FC AND LEYTON ORIENT
  • Foes: THE ONES NORTH OF BASILDON
  • Fav. Player(s): jay curran and peter kitchen

I think in Germany for example, the top two divisions are national but below that everything is regionalised.

just something to think about, windsor and eton have to travel 3739 miles this season, average gate 199, stoke city have to travel 3738 miles, average gate 26,848 and truro city in the same league as windsor have to travel 10,100 miles

offline Diddy's Big Bro

Diddy's Big Bro
  • Reserves
these are sad times we are living in. Always a shame to see any club go to the wall.

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves

just something to think about, windsor and eton have to travel 3739 miles this season, average gate 199, stoke city have to travel 3738 miles, average gate 26,848 and truro city in the same league as windsor have to travel 10,100 miles

oh and manchester united with an average gate over 70,000 have to travel 3844 miles

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
How about Newport IOW? Bet they have some round trips on Tuesday evenings.

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves

How about Newport IOW? Bet they have some round trips on Tuesday evenings.

they play in the wessex league so just a ferry across the solent and local from there, but i think they had money problems when playing in the southern league

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez

oh and manchester united with an average gate over 70,000 have to travel 3844 miles

Thats a great bit of info HAYNAB, its a bit of an eye opener too when you put it that way! With fuel costs spiralling out of all proportion, I dont think these will be last clubs to fold at our level, we are still in a recession and fans are having to prioritise were their money goes! All clubs at all levels are suffering the effects and seeing lower crowds and it wont get better for a while yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus