Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Hendon

ShedBoy

I think it will be an incredibly difficult game, but put faith in the knowledge that since September, Hendon have only beaten league opposition that currently sit below them in the table. In fact Tooting & Mitcham is the only victory against a team not in the current bottom four.

We're third in the form guide and I think that will be to our advantage so I'm going with a cheeky victory...

Canvey Island 2 - 1 Hendon

Heale

Dobinson

Att. 327

Edited by Matt H

their 2-0 win at aveley was the first clean sheet they have kept since the beginning of october, but they score a few as well so i will go for a reverse of last season and a 3-2 win ( 3-1 at half time) rhodes, curran and king(pen) att 312, just want the wind to settle hendon 2 seasons ago was unplayable

against Aveley they were very good going forward and looked quite fast. The fact they kept a clean sheet was because Aveley wouldn't have scored if they had played all night although they had chances they didn't put any of them away. I still think that Hendon are suspect at the back.

It will be down to how well we finish as I beleive we will create plenty of chances.

I will go for 2-1

Canvey 2-1 Hendon. Attendance: 330.

Another clean sheet will be nice so I go for a 2-0 win with Healesy getting both, 1 in each half and a 335 attendance. Lets keep the momentum going and get our 4th win on the trot to put real pressure on the play-off chasing pack. Definitely hope the wind lays off because if it is as windy as it is today it levels things out takes away our slick passing advantage! Its football all day for me tomorrow then looking forward to a couple of sherbets or 2/3/4 after the game, happy days!!!

:beer: :525:

Canvey Island 2-2 Hendon

Jay Curran & Kevin Dobinson with the goals.

Attendance of 336

Oi, sort it out!!!!

Lets have a little bet, anything under I win, anything over you win, do you fancy it, if so how much???

Another clean sheet will be nice so I go for a 2-0 win with Healesy getting both, 1 in each half and a 335 attendance. Lets keep the momentum going and get our 4th win on the trot to put real pressure on the play-off chasing pack. Definitely hope the wind lays off because if it is as windy as it is today it levels things out takes away our slick passing advantage! Its football all day for me tomorrow then looking forward to a couple of sherbets or 2/3/4 after the game, happy days!!!

:beer: :525:

pmsl !

What a thriller!

How Hendon came to the Brockwell to play "football" is anybody's guess. I would not be surprised to see their Manager fired by the end of this season after the way his players performed today.

Jonathan Coke was the ultimate cheating b*stard, getting Healsey booked for that off the ball "elbow" in the first half.

Casey Maclaren, the toothless, hill-billy twat is lucky to be alive after his second half antics with the crowd.

Thankfully, after the fiasco with the Hendon penalty and Healsey's booking the Referee saw through their charade and realised they were just complete thugs with the aim of stopping Canvey playing football by any means necessary. They were time wasting from the start and looking to break-up play with niggly fouls.

The two straight red cards can't be argued - Last man both times, one in the box, one out the box and we scored from both chances. Once again though, the cautions racked up against us made us out to be just a dirty. Heale, Everett, Dobbo, Rhodes and Curran all cautioned. I don't think Easterford was booked for conceding the penalty.

Their best player was Belal Aite-Quakrim, the no. 10 a big strong forward in the same mould as Leon Antoine. He had a solid game but once again we did superbly to cut off his supply chains. Once they had lost their three men there was no hope for them and I think damage limitation was their top priority.

Excellent to see Leon get a goal in what I think is his first apppearance on the field of the season, coming off the bench. Great goal by Curran with an even greater cross from Rhodes. Another clean, swift, Kingy penalty and an excellent free-kick from Heale that beat the wall and the 'Keeper. Unlucky that Ellis had his goal ruled out, I would highly question that he was offside when the ball was played!

Roll on Tuesday night!

Seen a great tweet from a Hendon fan - @colinzealuk"Let it be known, if Canvey Island were any good, they'd have created more than about three chances against 8 or 9 men. Via poor value.

I counted Hendon's chances with two thumbs - The penalty and the effort that the no. 10 skied! In fact I think Canvey created chances against 8, 9, 10 and 11 men including Rhodes' effort cleared off the line, Ellis' disallowed goal, Dobbo's tipped around the post the five or six that went high or wide, the two that went in, the free-kick that we scored from, the penalty we scored from....

Also I think Richard Halle's tan almost allows him to compete with Dumas for tint!

Edited by Matt H

Colin Zeal? Wasn't he one of the EFM lot who followed St Albans and used to post on the forums, Matt?

I agree with Matt, except I thought the last sending off was a bit unlucky as I was not sure that the defender was the last man, but it is one of those things, that some refs give whereas another ref would have just booked him.

I can't understand why they came with the intention of trying to con the Ref and playing so dirty. Their manager did not endear himself with the Ref whilst leaving the pitch at halftime giving the him a verbal blasting. Though I agree that the Ref was disgraceful in the first half, the Hendon manager obviously came with a game plan and listening to him explains why his players behaved the way they did. I also can't understand why they played that way when, as I said previously, they played one touch passing football, gave away hardly any fouls and played Aveley off the park and were well worth their win. I am sure that if they had played the same way we would have seen a better more entertaining closer game.

Nevermind thats 2 games where we have had some luck for a change.

Lets hope we can keep the momentum going for the rest of the season

Come on you yellows!!!:yay:

Colin Zeal? Wasn't he one of the EFM lot who followed St Albans and used to post on the forums, Matt?

That was his username on here, yeah. I thought Colin Zeal was a Blur song?!

To be fair to Hendon they could probably question some of the Referee's consistancy in the fact that he didn't hesitate to show two straight reds to Hendon, yet Easterford wasn't even booked when he conceded the penalty. Perhaps he knew he'd got it wrong?

Also, he didn't see the Heale booking incident, he got his info from the Assistant on the far side, who probably saw bugger all. Again with the incident with the Hill-Billy and the crowd, he got his info from the Assistant and told him to chill.

Like I said before, I think a lot of the way Hendon performed is down to their Manager. You would've thought he may have told his lads to calm down a bit after the second sending off. Now he has three players suspended.

Surprised at how aggressive Hendon were. When they got the ball on the floor and played it around, they looked quite decent.

Too often though they were cynical and their discipline was terrible. After our second goal, they lost it completely and you knew their trappy number 8 would get sent off eventually.

Surprised at how aggressive Hendon were. When they got the ball on the floor and played it around, they looked quite decent.

Too often though they were cynical and their discipline was terrible. After our second goal, they lost it completely and you knew their trappy number 8 would get sent off eventually.

Excellent entertainment for the fans on Saturday and another valuable 3 points.

A game i always thought we were in control of even after going 1 down. Ref was a disgrace throughout for both sides but Hendons players just played into his hands with a number of late and niggly tackles.

Great to see Leon back, his goal was well taken and he looked very hungry to impress throughout his 20 minute cameo. Having him back will be like a new signing!

Well thats 4 straight league wins on the bounce scoring 10 and conceding only 1, well done lads keep it going.