Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Hendon

ShedBoy

Another good result where we could have scored plenty more goals against a side that turned up to kick us off the park. Yet another poor referee ruined the 1st half, but the 2nd was much more entertaining. How many more bad referees can there be in this league?

Great to see Leon play some minutes and even better to have him score!

Let's hope we can keep this run going for a while :)

Roll on tomorrow...another tough fixture against a team that will want to pick up some points from us...

The best game of the season for me for banter and incidents! The banter in the sheds with the Yellow Army was brilliant, from the synchronised diving to the Hillbillie gap gob getting slaughtered for the entire game!!! On the pitch the referee and officials were yet again basically sh1te, for both teams as well!! The Healesy booking should've been a red card or nothing at all, the ref didn't see the incident, allowed play to go on, then decided to call play back on the words of their centre half. Then he asked the lino if he saw anything, the lino gestured that he didn't see anything, so the ref goes over to him and after a brief discussion decides to book Dan and award a free kick!!! Their penalty was just as bad, Easterford looked like he had won the challenge and was fouled by the striker. To have a penalty awarded against was a joke!!! Our penalty was a clear penalty but I thought the sending off was harsh, definite booking but not a red. The booking of Jay for the dive was a joke, that was a stone wall penalty (one for the football phrase book!!) and the elbow on Rhodesy right in front of the ref & lino was a liberty. The wind didn't help at all so there was never going to be any pretty football played. Great to see Gordo back and with a goal as well. I thought the disallowed goal Ellis scored was harsh although in fairness I wasn't in line with play, what does anyone else think about that incident? When we playing against 8 it turned into a training session as it usually does and we basically played the ball around and made them chase it, which in fairness they wasn't to bothered about doing!! "Its just like FIFA on easy!!!!"

Ellis looked onside to be honest but I didn't have the best of views.

Good to see Leon back and considering he's had no match practice for several months, he looked sharp and hungry and dangerous whenever he had the ball. Took his goal well.

It was a very entertaining match, but it's such a shame when we come out of a match having to talk about the referee. He was far too card happy throughout and lost control of the match at an early stage. I have to ask whether the first red card was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity - maybe it was, I couldn't really see what else was going on in the box, I'm sure someone from behind the goal can clarify.

The second one for two yellows was fair enough, and the third one could have gone either way in my opinion. There was a defender back with him, but maybe not close enough to be classed as being the 'last man'.

More annoying than the red cards were the yellow cards for me. Dumas gets booked for a high foot when the striker dips his head down, Heale gets booked for a supposed elbow which the referee and lino can't have seen, otherwise they would have red carded him straight away. How can they give him a yellow card for alleged violent conduct, let alone for an incidient that they didn't see/didn't happen?!

As for their penalty, I've never seen everyone look so bewildered about a decision! And then Curran gets booked for 'diving' when he's fouled as clear as day!

It's strange that I can come out of a 4-1 win and still feel aggrieved about the refereeing performance, but in all honesty he was awful. Luckily, I do think he was equally awful for both sides.

Onto the positives, delighted with our 4th win on the bounce which has really put us in the mix again. I've never wished for a ball to hit the back of the net so much as with Leon's goal! He's had a terrible time of things with injuries this season, so for him to come on and do that was special. Danny & Jay both looked lively up front, and Rhodesy looked much better with Dumas back in the side - the connection between them is possibly our strongest asset going forward. It was a shame that Ellis' goal wasn't allowed to stand, he looked up for it when he came on.

As for the banter, it was vintage Yellow Army! The vocal support has been superb this season, and in each of the last four victories the noise coming out of the shed has been exceptional. Confidence breeds confidence, and with the positive vibes coming from the Yellow Army out onto the pitch, it would be naive to say the atmosphere isn't helping us in putting this run of results together.

All in all, an entertaining match, a great results, plenty of beers before and after, and I won the Bonus Ball - top day!

It was a very entertaining match, but it's such a shame when we come out of a match having to talk about the referee. He was far too card happy throughout and lost control of the match at an early stage. I have to ask whether the first red card was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity - maybe it was, I couldn't really see what else was going on in the box, I'm sure someone from behind the goal can clarify.

The second one for two yellows was fair enough, and the third one could have gone either way in my opinion. There was a defender back with him, but maybe not close enough to be classed as being the 'last man'.

More annoying than the red cards were the yellow cards for me. Dumas gets booked for a high foot when the striker dips his head down, Heale gets booked for a supposed elbow which the referee and lino can't have seen, otherwise they would have red carded him straight away. How can they give him a yellow card for alleged violent conduct, let alone for an incidient that they didn't see/didn't happen?!

As for their penalty, I've never seen everyone look so bewildered about a decision! And then Curran gets booked for 'diving' when he's fouled as clear as day!

It's strange that I can come out of a 4-1 win and still feel aggrieved about the refereeing performance, but in all honesty he was awful. Luckily, I do think he was equally awful for both sides.

Onto the positives, delighted with our 4th win on the bounce which has really put us in the mix again. I've never wished for a ball to hit the back of the net so much as with Leon's goal! He's had a terrible time of things with injuries this season, so for him to come on and do that was special. Danny & Jay both looked lively up front, and Rhodesy looked much better with Dumas back in the side - the connection between them is possibly our strongest asset going forward. It was a shame that Ellis' goal wasn't allowed to stand, he looked up for it when he came on.

As for the banter, it was vintage Yellow Army! The vocal support has been superb this season, and in each of the last four victories the noise coming out of the shed has been exceptional. Confidence breeds confidence, and with the positive vibes coming from the Yellow Army out onto the pitch, it would be naive to say the atmosphere isn't helping us in putting this run of results together.

All in all, an entertaining match, a great results, plenty of beers before and after, and I won the Bonus Ball - top day!

The ball seemed to go in slow motion and curled right at the last second to go in off the post, we were all shocked and when we realised it went in we went mental, brilliant end to a great day. Just getting my voice back now!!!

I read the programme properly yesterday, great piece on Daniel, I didnt realise his story until yesterday, hope he had a great day. And funniest of all was Chesney getting slaughtered!!!!

The Jager-bomb was great as well!!! A very rare sight indeed!!!