Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where was I then?

cangull

I have just read the match report on the Grantham website and also some of their messages on their forum. The report and messages suggest that the scoreline flattered us!! 'Flattered us'(I don't think) well I'm miffed, I was sure that I watched the real Grantham v Canvey game or am I being biased or what. Struggled with the wind in the earlier part of first half with lots of defensive work having to be put in, it took a goal against to get us going, but after that we all new that we were going to capture the second half.<p>[ 03 February 2002: This message was edited by: vic ]</p>

With that wind I would have been content going in to half time 2-0 down, as I thought that we would kill them 2nd half - and we did!!! 1-0 down at half time was a good score from our point of view, cos as soon as the wind went our way I don't think they had a shot on goal. <p>Great to see Tilly back, he is gonna be essential with the run up to the end of the season. Again it seemed we had shoddy officials, someone really needs to take a look at some of these clowns.<p>What are the odds on Canvey winning the Trophy?? I would have thought that we are pretty much favourites now after Daggers went out.

i would like to see us draw braintree or margate away or yeovil at home....wouldn't mind playing stevenage or gravesend either home or away..having said that would be good to see either farnboro or forest green again...oh **** it i dont care as long as i dont have to trek up to the top left of the country again wink.gif" border="0

From the Grantham message board -<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> To Canvey: well done, a good team, BUT if only we could have played today in sunshine and without a force 10 gale, if only we could have had Speed, Wilson and Ranshaw in, if only Taylors early header had gone in, if only we had defended the wind first half. <hr></blockquote><p>I know where you were Vic, where was this guy? Either the stand is further away from the pitch than I thought, thus giving a really bad view or he was one of the hundreds who walked out with 20 minutes to go.<p>If the result was based on 'if only...' then we were beaten by the better team. If it's based on goals, well, 'nuff said.<p>Merv CIFC

If only the world were made of if onlys.<p>No-one on our board has denied that we were beaten by a better team and injuries and suspensions cannot be helped, it's just the luck of the draw.<p>However I do not think you were three goals better than us overall and in that respect the scoreline was flattering. Yes you took your chances when we didn't, yes you defended solidly against the wind whilst we made a couple of errors and allowed you to score (although your third was a very sweet strike) but with the wind as strong as it was we may as well have had a penalty shoot out at the start and saved ourselves a lot of time. Due to the wind real football, as we are both capable of playing, could not be played.<p>I for one would like to have seen the match played on a fine day and I believe that a fairer result would have been obtained.I have to admit that on the basis of what I saw I think we would still have lost but we would have made you work for it.<p>Best of luck for the rest of the season.<p>Spud