Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

next season

inbetweener

I think a play off in Div 1 would be a great idea same structure as the Championship, top 2 automatic promotion, 3rd-6th play offs. Obviously couldnt do it in CCL Prem as there is only 1 place up for promotion.

Agree.

Also in div 1 if play off's can't happen or anything like that and the top 3 places are filled with teams that can't go up why can't the top 3 teams that can go up get promoted?

i see your point whitby but surely promotion needs to be earned in some way? Finishing 5th and getting promoted firstly is not seen as a successful season and therefore shouldnt be rewarded with promotion, and secondly, if you finish 5th in Div 1 you'll get hammered in Prem (in my opinion).

i see your point whitby but surely promotion needs to be earned in some way? Finishing 5th and getting promoted firstly is not seen as a successful season and therefore shouldnt be rewarded with promotion, and secondly, if you finish 5th in Div 1 you'll get hammered in Prem (in my opinion).

Surely they would improve there squad though, from what i've seen of the Prem i think the gap is closing i reckon top 8 of Div 1 could compete in the Prem dont think there would be many hammerings either.

Edited by Molly11

JJ, LETS NOT COMPLICATE THINGS AND GET TOO MANY CLUBS INVOLVED 'COS WE HAVE TO GET THE GAMES IN AT THE END OF THE SEASON AND YOU WHAT END OF SEASON PITCHES ARE LIKE !

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE STRAIGHT SEMI-FINAL - TEAM FINISHED 2ND (AT HOME) PLAY 5TH TEAM AND 3RD PLACE (AT HOME) PLAYS 4TH PLACE THEN WINNERS PLAY FOR THE ''CCL PLAY-OFF'' CUP (IM SURE WE CAN FIND A BETTER NAME FOR IT) AT A NEUTRAL GROUND - SIMPLES !!!

SO AT THE BEGINNING OF NEXT SEASON, AIM TO BE IN THE TOP 5 AND ABOVE THEN YOUR SEASON WILL BE COMPLETE UPTO THE VERY END WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING SOMETHING. IF YOU COME SECOND AND WIN THE CUP YOU GET BOTH INCLUDING RUNNERS-UP.

TRUST ME SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD MAKE TEAMS AROUND THE HALF WAY MARK HAVE MORE TO PLAY FOR OTHERWISE PEOPLE, IT WILL BECOME THE USUAL BORE ALTHO' THIS SEASON IS VERY TIGHT WITH THE ESPECIALLY TOP 4 CCL PREM CLUBS IN CONTENTION AND NOW RELEGATION IS BECOMING INTERESTING ...............

REMEMBER, ANYONE TEAM CAN BEAT ANYONE ON THEIR DAY !

i would agree that the level of footy at div 1 level has risen loads and the gap is not that big.

But surely we cant promote if a team who finished 5th though?? How low down the league do you go until you find a team that has the correct facilities? 6th, 7th, 8th?? There has to be a cut off point, and i think 3rd place is justified.

i would agree that the level of footy at div 1 level has risen loads and the gap is not that big.

But surely we cant promote if a team who finished 5th though?? How low down the league do you go until you find a team that has the correct facilities? 6th, 7th, 8th?? There has to be a cut off point, and i think 3rd place is justified.

What has happened over the last 2 years in C.C.L.is great,Bedfont Sports,South Park,Knaphill (now),Warlingham,Farleigh Rovers,Staines Lammas,Eversley(in the near future)Hayes Gate have made great strides at great cost to improve where they play.You can finish 5 th in any other League and get promoted so why not C.C.L.

if you finish 5th you have proved that you have not been good enough for promotion......

so why reward 5th placed teams?

in the olympics if you finish 5th you get bugger all. 3rd is bronze.

we all recognise 1st 2nd 3rd as the recognised places of achievement. Not 5th place!

In the Npower Championship you can finish 6th and go into the premier league though.......So if its being done in the very top level surely teh formula has been proven.

I personally think playoffs would be a great idea. More games would 'mean' something, resulting in a more exciting league.

all of those teams have the correct grading for sure though. Its not a case of teams sitting in 8th place hoping that whoever finishes in the top 5 positions doesnt have the correct grading so they can be promoted even though they've had a below par season.

The championship teams know where they need to finish to get promotion or be in the playoffs

Playoffs would def make the league more interesting. It would give teams more to play for, I mean there are sides already this year that have conceded there season to be over and are planning next year already ! Playoffs would create more excitement, and allow the season to continue to the end.

I think that play offs would be a great idea for Div 1. I have one reservation. Can anyone shed any light on what days the last league fixture took place on Division 1 in the last 3 seasons ?

all of those teams have the correct grading for sure though. Its not a case of teams sitting in 8th place hoping that whoever finishes in the top 5 positions doesnt have the correct grading so they can be promoted even though they've had a below par season.

The championship teams know where they need to finish to get promotion or be in the playoffs

Like that cracking game on T.V. last night,Liverpool knew what they had to do,bore us all to death for 90 minutes.WHAT A GREAT ADVERT FOR C.C.L. FOOTBALL,never see that there,every team is attack,attack,because most cannot defend.

Exactly Smudge. Until they finish at a decent time at the end of April then how can you tag another week on. Teams could be waiting for weeks for the play off matches.

So the teams that finish 3rd and 4th do not have the facilities to go up, nor applied for it. Do you then take the 6th and 7th teams to fill the gap, or go for a straight final between 2nd and 5th? What if the the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th do not have the facilities, do 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th play off?

As much as I like the idea, I think there would have to be too many ifs, buts, and maybe's thrown into the equation

Play offs in division 1 aren't going to happen.

The CCL is part of a system that has it's rules set by the FA. Why should our division 1 be run any differently to the other 15 step 6 divisions in the country?

What you have to remember is that, by now, every team in CCL1 should have a 'G' grade.

With that grade you can play in the Premier Division for a season but you have to get an 'F' by March 31st to stay in.

This rule is the same at all levels of football that come under the umbrella of the National League System apart from teams wanting to get promoted from step 5 to step 4. They have to get the grading before they're allowed up.

There are very few teams in the country at step 6 who haven't got a 'G' grade these days - our league and the Hellenic make up the bulk of those teams. The CCL1 has only been a step 6 division for 4 or 5 years and clubs are making great strides and I have genuine sympathy with clubs who can't get a stand and floodlights erected due to unhelpful councils, NIMBYs or both but the FA aren't going to change the whole system in the UK to fit around our needs or the Hellenic's.

MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE STRAIGHT SEMI-FINAL - TEAM FINISHED 2ND (AT HOME) PLAY 5TH TEAM AND 3RD PLACE (AT HOME) PLAYS 4TH PLACE THEN WINNERS PLAY FOR THE ''CCL PLAY-OFF'' CUP (IM SURE WE CAN FIND A BETTER NAME FOR IT) AT A NEUTRAL GROUND - SIMPLES !!!

I've sussed you out NICEGUY, your that Meerkat of the TV.