Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

next season

inbetweener

Sorry NG, but I agree with the others, can't see teams wanting to play in a two bob cup. Most teams are relieved once the season ends, regardless of their finishing position. Also, for the last few years, some teams finish their season in April, some finish in the third week of May.

Fair play for coming up with the idea, but not pratical.

Sorry NG, but I agree with the others, can't see teams wanting to play in a two bob cup. Most teams are relieved once the season ends, regardless of their finishing position. Also, for the last few years, some teams finish their season in April, some finish in the third week of May.

I DISAGREE WITH YOU TC BUT THATS WHATS FORUMS ARE FOR.

AS I'M RELATIVELY A NEW CCL GROUND HOPPER (THIS IS MY 2ND SEASON). I AM GLAD I WASN'T WATCHING THE CCL PREVIOUS TO LAST SEASON WHICH WAS ENOUGH FOR ME AS NGU WERE CHMPIONS ELECT COME THIS TIME LAST SEASON, SO I FOUND MYSELF WATCHING COMPETATIVE GAMES FOR THE BOTTOM RELEGATED TEAMS AS THEY HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR.

TOWARDS THE END OF LAST SEASON I WATCHED 3 GAMES ALL MID-TABLE TEAMS, AND ON EACH OCCASION, AS A PERSON WHO PAID THRU' THE TURNSTILE, FELT CHEATED AS ON ALL 3 OCCASIONS BOTH TEAMS PLAYED LIKE THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS IF THEY WON OR NOT 'COS THEY WERE ''SAFE'' FROM RELEGATION. IN THE END THO' NO-ONE GOT RELEGATED BUT THE RESPECTIVE TEAMS WERE NOT TO KNOW THAT.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO ''SPICE UP'' WHAT CAN BE A DULL LEAGUE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON 'COS OF NO PAY-OFFS, THIS IS WHAT I LIKED WHEN I WATCHED RYMANS CLUBS UPTO 6TH HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR AND MADE THE LEAGUE MORE INTERESTING.

YOU MAYBE RIGHT THAT CLUBS CAN'T BE ASKED TO PLAY FOR A ''TWO BOB'' CUP AS YOU PUT IT, BUT SURELY THAT DEPENDS ON HOW THE CLUBS MANAGEMENT DEEM IT TO BE. SOME CLUBS DON'T MIND GETTING SILVERWARE AFTER ALL ISN'T IT WHAT PLAYERS PLAY FOR ?

ANYWAY PLEASE TC YOU COME UP WITH A GREAT IDEA ON HOW YOU WOULD SPICE UP THE LEAGUE WITHIN IT'S CONSTRAINTS 'COS IT NEEDS SOMETHING AS THIS ONLY 1 PROMOTED CLUB IS KILLING IT.

IF IT WERE NOT FOR THIS SEASON PREMIER COMPETATIVE RUN IN, UNLIKE PREVIOUS SEASONS, I WAS OFF TO WATCH RYMAN GAMES FOR THE LAST 1-2 MONTHS OF THIS SEASON .........

Edited by NICE GUY

NG - Div 1 usually goes down to the wire, so you always have that to fall back on as an option when the Prem is done and dusted ;)

Have to agree with TC re your 'play-off cup'. I'm a supporter of the play-offs in general and agree they keep Leagues interesting, but your idea of a meaningless cup is barmy. There's already a League Cup, so who would be interested in another one that means nothing? Pretty sure it would not bring in any more punters either.

Sorry NG, not a good idea in my opinion, cash reward/prize money for top 5 positions would be better. Champions - £2000. RU - £1500 3rd - £1000 - 4th £750 5th - £500

This would also help towards getting your ground up to scratch for the next season ;)

I DISAGREE WITH YOU TC BUT THATS WHATS FORUMS ARE FOR.

AS I'M RELATIVELY A NEW CCL GROUND HOPPER (THIS IS MY 2ND SEASON). I AM GLAD I WASN'T WATCHING THE CCL PREVIOUS TO LAST SEASON WHICH WAS ENOUGH FOR ME AS NGU WERE CHMPIONS ELECT COME THIS TIME LAST SEASON, SO I FOUND MYSELF WATCHING COMPETATIVE GAMES FOR THE BOTTOM RELEGATED TEAMS AS THEY HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR.

TOWARDS THE END OF LAST SEASON I WATCHED 3 GAMES ALL MID-TABLE TEAMS, AND ON EACH OCCASION, AS A PERSON WHO PAID THRU' THE TURNSTILE, FELT CHEATED AS ON ALL 3 OCCASIONS BOTH TEAMS PLAYED LIKE THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS IF THEY WON OR NOT 'COS THEY WERE ''SAFE'' FROM RELEGATION. IN THE END THO' NO-ONE GOT RELEGATED BUT THE RESPECTIVE TEAMS WERE NOT TO KNOW THAT.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO ''SPICE UP'' WHAT CAN BE A DULL LEAGUE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SEASON 'COS OF NO PAY-OFFS, THIS IS WHAT I LIKED WHEN I WATCHED RYMANS CLUBS UPTO 6TH HAD SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR AND MADE THE LEAGUE MORE INTERESTING.

YOU MAYBE RIGHT THAT CLUBS CAN'T BE ASKED TO PLAY FOR A ''TWO BOB'' CUP AS YOU PUT IT, BUT SURELY THAT DEPENDS ON HOW THE CLUBS MANAGEMENT DEEM IT TO BE. SOME CLUBS DON'T MIND GETTING SILVERWARE AFTER ALL ISN'T IT WHAT PLAYERS PLAY FOR ?

ANYWAY PLEASE TC YOU COME UP WITH A GREAT IDEA ON HOW YOU WOULD SPICE UP THE LEAGUE WITHIN IT'S CONSTRAINTS 'COS IT NEEDS SOMETHING AS THIS ONLY 1 PROMOTED CLUB IS KILLING IT.

IF IT WERE NOT FOR THIS SEASON PREMIER COMPETATIVE RUN IN, UNLIKE PREVIOUS SEASONS, I WAS OFF TO WATCH RYMAN GAMES FOR THE LAST 1-2 MONTHS OF THIS SEASON .........

Not sure what you mean by killing it NG. If you mean general interest wanes due to no play-offs at this level then you need to look at average home attendances on all matches above this level (where there are play-offs to varying degrees). Mike Avery's site shows they are 22% down this season v last.

And although NGU were champions elect early in last season, it was not until 27 April they became champions, and only finished 6 points ahead of Chertsey. There has been bigger margins in the FAPL, but okay UCL spots to play for.

Last season, the last league game was 08/05. What if one of those teams could finish in the top 5, it would leave it too late to organise.

Sorry NG, not a good idea in my opinion, cash reward/prize money for top 5 positions would be better. Champions - £2000. RU - £1500 3rd - £1000 - 4th £750 5th - £500

This would also help towards getting your ground up to scratch for the next season ;)

Being a relative newby myself to C.C.L.,do Clubs not already get Financial Reward for finishing in the Top 5?

Edited by Smudge

Being a relative newby myself to C.C.L.,do Clubs not already get Financial Reward for finishing in the Top 5?

I don't know Smudge. If there is would it be close to the figures above?

NG - Div 1 usually goes down to the wire, so you always have that to fall back on as an option when the Prem is done and dusted ;)

Have to agree with TC re your 'play-off cup'. I'm a supporter of the play-offs in general and agree they keep Leagues interesting, but your idea of a meaningless cup is barmy. There's already a League Cup, so who would be interested in another one that means nothing? Pretty sure it would not bring in any more punters either.

WELL TRS I'M SURPRISED I HAVE TO SAY.

OKAY SO LETS LEAVE THE LEAGUE AS IT IS, AND I ASSURE YOU THAT TEAMS WHO CAN'T GET PROMOTED, CAN'T WIN ANYTHING OR GET RELEGATED, PLAYERS MAKE ALL SORTS OF EXCUSES NOT TO PLAY 'COS THEY CANT BE BOTHERED, THATS WHAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE WHEN I PAY GOOD EARNED MONEY TO WATCH THEM, THATS WHY LAST SEASON I WATCHED THE TEAMS THREATENED WITH RELEGATION BATTLE FOR THEIR LIVES.

IN TIMES GONE BY THE PREMIER DIVISION IN WHICH I REFER TO ONLY, HAS BEEN BORING COME THIS TIME OF THE SEASON. OKAY LETS SLIT HAIRS TC ABOUT LAST SEASON, BUT GO THRU' ALL THE POSTS NGU WERE ALLWAYS GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE HENCE CHAMPIONS ELECT IN MARCH.

SEASONS BEFORE THERE WERE RUNAWAYS WINNERS SOME AS EARLY AS JANUARY, SO WHAT I PROPOSE IS TRYING TO KEEP THE CCL ALIVE AND REMAIN INTERESTING OR AM I THE ONLY ONE MISSING THE POINT HERE ? YES, THIS SEASON IS AN EXCEPTION AS THERE ARE STILL 4-5 CLUBS IN THE RUNNING SO IT COULD GO RIGHT UPTO THE WIRE.

MY SUGGESTION IS MAKING FOOTBALL INTERESTING FOR THE CLUBS TEAMS AND PLAYERS WHICH WERE SO NEAR YET SO FAR, (IE) 2ND, 3RD, 4TH AND 5TH PLACES AT LEAST THESE CLUBS WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR AS OPPOSED TO JUST TURNING UP WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR WHICH MAKES THE GAMES A NON-EVENT. EVEN COMING RUNNERS-UP THERES NO REAL REWARD IN THE PREMIER DIV !

SO COME ON CHAPS HOW WOULD YOU SPICE UP THE LEAGUE, YV HAD THE IDEA OF MONEY GOING TO THE CLUBS IN RESPECTIVE POSITIONS FROM THE CCL/FA BUT CAN'T SEE THAT HAPPENING......... OR DOES IT?

Edited by NICE GUY

I think the play offs would be a great addition to Div 1. Especially as there would be the prize at the end of it of promotion. There would need to be more mid week games at the start of the season tho when the pitches are in good condition so the play offs weren't going in to June.

I do agree about step 5 being stale towards the end of the season. Ive played CCL Prem and Wessex Prem, normally by March the Title is wrapped up. That makes the last 8 - 10 games have no real meaning so tend to be poor games, providing you cant be relegated. With only 1 promotion place available i do think the rest of the top 6 need to have something to play for.

My suggestion would be make a new national competition, but for the elite teams in step 5. There could be 5 places available from each league (teams who finish 2nd - 6th in the previous season) with the first 2 rounds geographically divided north and south. After that the competition goes nationally with the final being held at a Football League ground. This way would still give the Vase more prestige being a competition with a Wembley final.I'm sure if theres a chance to finish in the top 6 with 8 games to go, they would become more competitive.

I knows its very unlikely to ever happen but just my opinion after reading everyone else's.

I think the play offs would be a great addition to Div 1. Especially as there would be the prize at the end of it of promotion. There would need to be more mid week games at the start of the season tho when the pitches are in good condition so the play offs weren't going in to June.

I do agree about step 5 being stale towards the end of the season. Ive played CCL Prem and Wessex Prem, normally by March the Title is wrapped up. That makes the last 8 - 10 games have no real meaning so tend to be poor games, providing you cant be relegated. With only 1 promotion place available i do think the rest of the top 6 need to have something to play for.

My suggestion would be make a new national competition, but for the elite teams in step 5. There could be 5 places available from each league (teams who finish 2nd - 6th in the previous season) with the first 2 rounds geographically divided north and south. After that the competition goes nationally with the final being held at a Football League ground. This way would still give the Vase more prestige being a competition with a Wembley final.I'm sure if theres a chance to finish in the top 6 with 8 games to go, they would become more competitive.

I knows its very unlikely to ever happen but just my opinion after reading everyone else's.

THANK GOODNESS THERE'S SOMEONE WHO THINKS ALONG THE SAME LINES AS ME....... WELL DONE BBM !

THANK GOODNESS THERE'S SOMEONE WHO THINKS ALONG THE SAME LINES AS ME....... WELL DONE BBM !

It's all very well dreaming up ideas for extra promotion places, but you have to remember that there are only 12 slots available for 14 Step 5 League Champions. There is currently no guarantee that winning the division will ensure promotion, yet alone winning a play-off of also ransfrown.gif

NG, I feel that many teams who are safe from relegation and not in a challenging position to win the division use the last 8 - 10 games to blood those reserves and youth who have sat on the monkey throughout the season.

The kent premier has only 16 teams competing for a promotion place coffee%20(2).gif

NG, I feel that many teams who are safe from relegation and not in a challenging position to win the division use the last 8 - 10 games to blood those reserves and youth who have sat on the monkey throughout the season.

The kent premier has only 16 teams competing for a promotion place coffee%20(2).gif

WHILST I APPRECAITE BBM COMMENTS, MY MAIN CONCERN IS CCL PRIMARILY CCL PREMIER.

MY OBJECTIVE IS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPETE FOR AS THERE IS NO PLAY-OFF PROMOTION.

EXACTLY PADLOCK YOU'VE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD !

AGAIN I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS, BUT AS A PAYING SPECTATOR I WOULD NOT BE HAPPY WATCHING GAMES WITH NO REAL MEANING 'COS THERE'S NOTHING TO PLAY FOR HENCE THE LACK OF WATCHING PUBLIC. BUT, IMAGINE 'IF' THERE WAS SOMETHING TO PLAY FOR, IT WOULD BE UPTO EACH TEAMS MANAGEMENTS DECISION IF THEY WANTED TO PLAY RESERVES OR BLOOD IN SOME YOUTH TEAM PLAYERS, BUT AT LEAST IT WOULD BE A COMPETATIVE MATCH KNOWING IF THEY WIN 2 GAMES THEY WILL WIN A TROPHY AND MEDALS FOR THEMSELVES

AGAIN I REPEAT, ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS LET MAKE THE CCL PREMIER MORE INTERESTING AND ENJOYABLE FOR ALL CONCERNED.

Edited by NICE GUY

We all understand what you are saying NG, but the reality is it is unlikely there will be a play off in the CCL unless the FA decide to revamp the pyramid again. With the season never finishing on the same day, it is not workable. Even perhaps a playoff between 3rd bottom Prem and 3rd in Div 1 for a relegation/reprive decider would be nice, but would require teams finishing their seasons at the same time.

We all understand what you are saying NG, but the reality is it is unlikely there will be a play off in the CCL unless the FA decide to revamp the pyramid again. With the season never finishing on the same day, it is not workable. Even perhaps a playoff between 3rd bottom Prem and 3rd in Div 1 for a relegation/reprive decider would be nice, but would require teams finishing their seasons at the same time.

3rd in Div 1 is currently guaranteed promotion TC - provided they have necessary ground grading:

ii) The Competition will accept the champion club, the runners-up and the third place club from Division One into the Premier Division, providing that they meet the standard grading requirements for entry to the Premier Division of the Competition.

Ok then, 4th bottom and 4th top...

Could work once all Div 1 sides have correct ground grading - could you imagine furore if a 4th bottom team got relegated cos they lost a play-off whilst a worse placed team escaped due to ground grading issues of a team in top 3