Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island v Aveley

Another tough match this Saturday against a team that are unlucky to be bottom of the league by all accounts. They drew with Kingstonian last weekend, and it was only because everyone else around them won that they dropped down. They've shown us they are no mugs after their Essex Senior Cup win, although I'd like to think we'd deal with Tamer Hakan Tuna a bit better this time now that we know a bit about him.

With this in mind and our strongest XI out I think we'll win this one 3-1 with a crowd of 326, goals from Alex Rhodes, Jason Hallett, and Danny Heale. I also predict plenty of banter coming Carl Griffiths way :icon29:

Another tough match this Saturday against a team that are unlucky to be bottom of the league by all accounts. They drew with Kingstonian last weekend, and it was only because everyone else around them won that they dropped down. They've shown us they are no mugs after their Essex Senior Cup win, although I'd like to think we'd deal with Tamer Hakan Tuna a bit better this time now that we know a bit about him.

With this in mind and our strongest XI out I think we'll win this one 3-1 with a crowd of 326, goals from Alex Rhodes, Jason Hallett, and Danny Heale. I also predict plenty of banter coming Carl Griffiths way :icon29:

At this stage of the season its all about getting the win.

Im going for a 2 nil victory, with Moore and Hallett scoring, attendance 338

I dont think the banter will be returned though!! :bigcry:

I will go for a closer 2-1 win, with Rhodesy and Kingy getting our goals. The crowd will be HIGHER than your prediction TGE, not by much though, around 341 I reckon. Is it double or quits with the Jager's as well, although I would rather you pay your debt and whatever the outcome we will have another later!!

I'll get my Jager in whatever happens...

What about the new bet??? Are you up for it??? :31:

Tough game. Aveley have often been a bit of a bogey side for us in the past.

I reckon Canvey 2-0 Aveley. Att: 315.

Will be another tough game as they will be battling for their lives down there but i feel we are going to do better than the cup game last month.

I hear there striker 'Tuna' is pretty tasty :-)! So aslong as we keep him at bay we should be fine so I'm going for a 2-0 home win with Rhodes & Easterford getting the goals

Att 327 very wet spectators

• 4 weeks later...

If we are going to nail our play-off intentions to the wall, then we must carry on with our excellent form and get all 3 points with Hallet and Healesy to score the winners in a 2-0 win for tonight's re-arranged fixture with the attendance being 225, is it going to 4-0 to me TGE???

Canvey 3-1 Aveley - Rhodes, Hallett and King pen. Att 314... game to be stopped after 37 minutes due to floodlight failure, but resumed soon after.

AFC Hornchurch 2 v 0 Hastings United

Billericay Town 2 v 0 Carshalton Athletic

Bury Town 3 v 1 Margate

Canvey Island 2 v 0 Aveley

Harrow Borough 3 v 0 Tooting & Mitcham United

Hendon 1 v 1 Lowestoft Town

Maidstone United 1 v 2 Croydon Athletic

These are my predictions for tonight which wont see a big change in the positions in the table, just make things even tighter than they already are!!! Its getting exciting, any slip ups tonight could prove costly!!!!

if you look at there record since we beat them in october they have only drawn one and beat a lot of the teams down the bottom by the odd goal and lose to the teams above them by the odd goal so i think we will win 1-0 rhodes scoring and att 265

AFC Hornchurch 2 v 0 Hastings United 1 - 0

Billericay Town 2 v 0 Carshalton Athletic 0 - 0

Bury Town 3 v 1 Margate 2 - 1

Canvey Island 2 v 0 Aveley 2 - 1

Harrow Borough 3 v 0 Tooting & Mitcham United 2 - 0

Hendon 1 v 1 Lowestoft Town 1 - 1

Maidstone United 1 v 2 Croydon Athletic 0 - 1

These are my predictions for tonight which wont see a big change in the positions in the table, just make things even tighter than they already are!!! Its getting exciting, any slip ups tonight could prove costly!!!!

Didn't too bad if I say so myself, surprised with Ricay score, its getting interesting, what a great end to the season this is going to be. Our win ended up being a battle, we were so dominant in the first half but couldn't extend a very deserved lead and ended up going in at half time level!!! Dobbo going of changed things for us in my opinion, meaning we lost that bit of steel which allows Kingy to work well on the right. Leon did well up front and he was causing the Aveley defence all sorts of problems. When Dobbo went of it took us a couple of minutes to regain our momentum, and I reckon their midfield breathed a sigh of relief when he went off as well!!! Its hard to appreciate what he does for us, along with Gamo snapping at the ankles of every move they make they are a formidable midfield pairing and thats not taking anything away from Kingy who is our leading scorer but a slightly different type of player! The second half was a scrap and one we handled pretty well, we had further chances and should have been given another blatant penalty, how that wasn't given for the challenge on Jason only the referee knows! Poor old Doomz, took a kick in the mush and his lips are now bigger than mine, bless him with his little ice pack after the game!!! Another solid game from him and Rhodesy, and Westy had a great game as well. All in all, 3 well deserved points against a determined and physical side who look like they are going to struggle to stay up. Enjoyed the Welsh baiting last night, an easy nights fishing was had by the Yellow Army, the banter just gets better and better. "Who's that c*****g over the Sheep!!!", brilliant, I dont think he liked that too much!!! Fair play to him though, straight in the bar afterwards for a few drinks and stayed for quite a while!

Oh, and 4-0 to me, its just too easy!!! I will let you pick the attendance for the Tonbridge game TGE if you want dance%20%282%29.gif

A tough game but a deserved 3 points, well done to the players and management!:excited:

First half i thought we were excellent and could and should have been 2 or 3 up.

Excellent finish by Healsey for the first and another quality spot kick from Rob "the pen" King

Aveley are abit of a boggie side to us so as TGE said that may well have been a game we dropped points from last season.

Throughly enjoyed the sheep chanting all evening, Mr Griffiths well and truly got done hook, line and sinker!

COYY