Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sewer Rats v Canvey Island

One thing that wound me up was the number three who went down holding his face after being pushed in the chest by Gameo. Not only is he trying to get someone sent off by cheating, he was also responsable for the fracas by making so much of it and should have been booked. The other thing was why was the player who pushed Leon in the chest by the touchline when it was a concord throw-in not punished.

Was one of the Concord managers on a touchline ban? as he was this side of the barrier shouting instructions, if he was he should have been over the other side of the ground opposite the dug out.

One thing that wound me up was the number three who went down holding his face after being pushed in the chest by Gameo. Not only is he trying to get someone sent off by cheating, he was also responsable for the fracas by making so much of it and should have been booked. The other thing was why was the player who pushed Leon in the chest by the touchline when it was a concord throw-in not punished.

Was one of the Concord managers on a touchline ban? as he was this side of the barrier shouting instructions, if he was he should have been over the other side of the ground opposite the dug out.

Didn't Leon get booked for that?

Fairly even game I'd say, first half neither team had too many chances and second half...well Concord got lucky with their goal. Always horrible losing by such a late goal!

Concord's number three was a bit of a joke, going down holding his face when he was blatantly pushed in the chest!! This was then the cause of the scuffle that happened but I guess that was always a possibility with a game like this one!

I think we did ourselves proud, the Yellow Army singing throughout even right til then end after Concord's goal. I do agree with the comment about the players just walking away at the end of the game. I know they were gutted but so were we : (

No-one wants to lose to Concord but we'll get them back when they come to The Brockwell in April : )

Lets hope the boys can start another unbeaten run on Saturday : )

Oh and one more thing....I do actually feel a little sorry for the Concord team...must be horrible having to sing your own songs at the end of a game because you have no fans to do it!!!

Well, it was never going to be a footballing recreation of Arsenal vs Barcelona was it chaps, we all knew that...

As for us being the worst team you've played all season CanveyFan... cheesy%20(2).gif Absolute horsesh1t; and you know it. The words of a bitter man. Take that as a bite, I'm not bothered. :icon29:

It was a very tight game, and both teams had off-the-line chances.

Hats off to The Yellow Army, great vocal support for your team :applaus: :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

We edged it on the night, and I for one am delighted. For a game where most of the banter before was just pure drivel and arrogance on the part of some 'fans', I'm glad we got the win. And delighted that it shut you up for a bit.

Do we have more fans than you, no. Do we sing more than you, no. Did we get 3 points, yes.

That's all that matters at the final whistle; although I guess it might be a slightly different story come April.

Anyway, one game doesn't make a season.

I don't think Concord were the worst team we've played all season at all, I think both teams played well and both had good chances. Concord were lucky, we weren't...simple as that really! Game could've gone either way to be fair.

As Golden Boots has said, one game doesn't make a season and Concord will hold on to the bragging rights until April : )

Although I doubt you'll ever shut the Yellow Army up!!

As for us being the worst team you've played all season CanveyFan... cheesy%20%282%29.gif Absolute horsesh1t; and you know it. The words of a bitter man. Take that as a bite, I'm not bothered. :icon29:

I'm not bitter and I stand by what I said. On last nights performance you were one of the worst teams we have played. I would probably put that down to the match itself rather than your actual ability!! Neither team really wanted to commit forward much...

Both teams had good spells, but neither really edged it for me and could be called the 'better' team. It was always going to come down to one goal, I'm just gutted it happened at the wrong end! Goals win matches, and points win leagues. As you say, one game doesn't make a season and I look forward to the return leg :D

James Russel confimed it was in !

But to be fair who gives a flying feck !

As for buying a team, Your obviously clueless about your own club mate !

I don't think Concord were the worst team we've played all season at all, I think both teams played well and both had good chances. Concord were lucky, we weren't...simple as that really! Game could've gone either way to be fair.

As Golden Boots has said, one game doesn't make a season and Concord will hold on to the bragging rights until April : )

A canvey fan with some sense !:applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

James Russel confimed it was in !

But to be fair who gives a flying feck !

As for buying a team, Your obviously clueless about your own club mate !

A canvey fan with some sense !:applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

That wasn't my point... If you read the post properly, it says you can't buy fans...

Well, gutting to lose by a late goal, especially after hitting the woodwork and having one disallowed!

A proper derby with both teams not really willing to push forward and 2 big scuffles towards the end.

I thought Concord were one of the worst teams we have played this season - which speaks volumes about how we played at times in the match (I'm not the only one to have said this!!). I know my comments on team selection/tactics etc are not welcomed by certain viewers of this forum, so I'll keep them to myself. At times in the match we really seemed like we wanted to win, so I can't knock the players determination.

One thing that did piss me off tonight though happened at the end. After singing and putting our hearts into it for 90 minutes, why did the players just walk off without even acknowledging the support? I can understand they were upset, but so were the fans, I thought a bit of appreciation would have been nice.

How embarrassing though that the loudest noise from Concord was from their own players singing at the end!! They may be capable of 'buying' a good team, but one thing they will never be is a big 'club' - you can't buy fans.

Onwards and upwards, let's hope we don't let our heads drop and keep driving up the league!!

"They may be capable of buying a good team" ?

Concord the one of the worst teams this season ???

You obviously never saw Maidstone at Park Lane then & let's be perfectly honest Canvey were poor last night aswell. It wasn't until Alex Rhodes went out wide in the 2nd half that Canvey started to create & threaten.

A typical derby game. Scrappy, gutsy & very tight. It was never going to be a 4-4 was it ?

People need to read what I've said properly before commenting.

I said Concord are one of the worst teams I've seen us play this season, we wasn't any better and this was probably because it was a derby game. I never expected a high score, and always thought 1 goal would win the game. I also think Concord are far better than they played yesterday, just like we are.

In regards to my comment about money. I said they are capable of buying a good team - just like any other club with money. That doesn't mean they will ever have a club with fans - we know this from experience. My comment was more towards the fact that their players made more noise than their fans, nothing else.

Oh, and did anyone else see the Echo write up? Wasn'te ven worth them publishing it...!!

can't believe you lost after all the concord baiting thats been going on lol

Neither can I and I am as guilty as anyone for that but credit were credit is due, we gave them a lot of stick and in the end they are the ones with the 3 points! :applaus: :applaus: :applaus:

My pride is hurting more than my head at the moment and will for some time no doubt, but I will take it on the chin(s), if you give it you have to be able to take it. Yesterday felt like a good old fashioned footballing day, my son's had their colours on, picking up their friends on the way to the game, the build up beforehand, everyone I spoke to for the last few weeks have been going on about this game and then a nice sized crowd of 720!! As for the game, it wasn't the greatest game of football I have seen, nothing to separate the sides in the first half, we changed formation in the 2nd half and seemed to have slightly the better of it with Brightly pulling of a superb save from Alex, a couple of shots from Alex also being of target and Leon causing trouble down the right side. I thought the officials got it right disallowing our goal, maybe Leon could have taken the chance himself, although if he had and missed we would have wanted him to square it!!! It looked like Rusty had pulled of an incredible save down the other end and the game was going to end up all square, only to be beaten in the last minute. I enjoyed the atmosphere, throughout the game you could feel the tension and it showed on the pitch. The scuffle at the end was great, I am not encouraging it, but it added to the 'Derby' feel which had been building up nicely. The goal celebrations were expected and we as supporters have to be big enough to take that, after what the Concord lot were put through before and during the game it was their way of sticking right back up us. We would have been exactly the same so full credit to them, as earlier said they now own the bragging rights and its for us to grab them back when they come to the Brockwell.