Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sewer Rats v Canvey Island

where did all the fans come from???

Concord won and what ever we said about them we have to take it back, the most disappointing thing is that we have 2 ryman premier teams trying to get into the blue square south on canvey and on tuesday they played each other for the first time in ages and never at such a high level but only 2% of the islands population could be bothered to watch the game and the clubs normal average gate means less than 2% come to watch, even when we were in the conference half of the average 800 supporters were away fans and concord then were probably getting less than 100 in the ESL so the attendances have not gone up at all, its always amazed me that in the 20 years ive lived on canvey both teams have had great success but no one on the island could care less, both clubs have so much to offer but both teams cant grow because being on one small island it wont happen, im not talking about and dont want a merger but sometimes i do think of one canvey team, in a higher league with 1000 watching with great support and people on the island actually caring.

2% is about what any town will get, ours is disadvantaged by being on an Island Kingy, realised that! No matter how high you go or how much youn throw at it, there is only so far you can go in a town this size. Thats why he tried to get Waterside may have got a few more from Pitsea etc,

TBH if we didnt have the sewer rats we would only get a few of their tiny support, so we dont want them to go or we would have no one to take the piss out of! Ricay are so up their own [****!!****] they would not know banter if it bit them on the nose. Hx are wet since UU left, Grays are gone.

All we have left is Tango and flash!

How the feck u become a Director of such a great club ill never know !!!!

Feck me! One game seems to have breathed life into the old forum again! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

Matt does make some valid and good points, and to be fair MOB so do you. But I cant really see fans going and questioning the management on why certain players didnt start and why the formation was different, as accessible as they might be.

TGE is spot on with the comment that the players and management should be alot more thick skinned than to read what's on here and take it as gospel.

Although, for all the fans that were upset with the players walking off at the end without acknowledging the great support from the Yellow Army, I make you right. Defeat or not, they should have made a point that they knew you were there and giving them your backing.

With regards to the Island inhabitants not supporting either team in great numbers, it is really sad. :wall:

Especially considering the amount of people that go and support league clubs many miles away from the Island and then moan about players on gross wages, rip-off ticket prices, travelling time and cost, and the fact that the players are removed from reality. :flame:

Non-league should be capitalising on these people, getting them involved in proper football for a tenner on a Saturday afternoon, with real players who do a 9-5 all week the same as them, where they can have a drink with the players afterwards, and they can actually afford the time and cost even for away day trips.

More publicity needed round the Island for it?

Oh, and buzzing for the return game already. How many hours left Simmo?

Feck me! One game seems to have breathed life into the old forum again! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

Matt does make some valid and good points, and to be fair MOB so do you. But I cant really see fans going and questioning the management on why certain players didnt start and why the formation was different, as accessible as they might be.

TGE is spot on with the comment that the players and management should be alot more thick skinned than to read what's on here and take it as gospel.

Although, for all the fans that were upset with the players walking off at the end without acknowledging the great support from the Yellow Army, I make you right. Defeat or not, they should have made a point that they knew you were there and giving them your backing.

With regards to the Island inhabitants not supporting either team in great numbers, it is really sad. :wall:

Especially considering the amount of people that go and support league clubs many miles away from the Island and then moan about players on gross wages, rip-off ticket prices, travelling time and cost, and the fact that the players are removed from reality. :flame:

Non-league should be capitalising on these people, getting them involved in proper football for a tenner on a Saturday afternoon, with real players who do a 9-5 all week the same as them, where they can have a drink with the players afterwards, and they can actually afford the time and cost even for away day trips.

Brilliant as well, I reckon it will keep on like this as well, the banter is the most important thing, the football comes 2nd!!!!!! dance%20%282%29.gif

Some great points on here only slightly interrupted by the Gooner, we all have to be thicker skinned, (not quite as thick as Ants super tanned leather like skin!!!).

The crowd issue bugs my brain, everyone I know supports a football team and the majority go and watch their team, and the amount of times they say to me "I'm not paying a Tenner to watch that!!!", just goes to show their lack of knowledge for the non-league game. Its only ignorance which is something we all have to try and work on and somehow get the message spread that on our very doorstep we have some of the best value for money entertainment money can buy!!!

Brilliant as well, I reckon it will keep on like this as well, the banter is the most important thing, the football comes 2nd!!!!!! dance%20%282%29.gif

Some great points on here only slightly interrupted by the Gooner, we all have to be thicker skinned, (not quite as thick as Ants super tanned leather like skin!!!).

The crowd issue bugs my brain, everyone I know supports a football team and the majority go and watch their team, and the amount of times they say to me "I'm not paying a Tenner to watch that!!!", just goes to show their lack of knowledge for the non-league game. Its only ignorance which is something we all have to try and work on and somehow get the message spread that on our very doorstep we have some of the best value for money entertainment money can buy!!!

Anyone who pays 20/30/40 quid to watch West Ham/Southend but won't pay 9/10 to watch the Island teams are off their heads...

Suck my balls simmsy

What is it with you lot lately, Beachball is always going on about the size of my w1lly and now you want me to go where no human would ever soberly want to go!!! Maybe you and he should get a room and carry on your little gay boy love in!!!!! :arcadefreak: <- I dont know what he is doing but it looks like he is having a good go!!! dance%20%282%29.gif

Accessible? The last time I questioned our management's decision I got a bollocking and told to keep my nose out of things I have no clue about!!

Football fans who follow their club all over the country, singing and supporting for 90 minutes every week are entitled to come on a message board and discuss each and every aspect of the match. A forum is a place for open discussion, if people don't like what they read then they shouldn't read it!

MOB, if our tactics were so good, why did we not get any points out of the match...?