Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Croydon Ath. Vs Canvey Is.

Matt H

Ryman Premier H/Ts:

Aveley 0 - 1 Wealdstone

Billericay Town 0 - 0 Tooting & Mitcham

Concord Rangers 0 - 0 Kingstonian

Croydon Ath. 0 - 3 Canvey Is.

Folkestone Inv. 1 - 1 Hastings Utd

Harrow Boro' 1 - 0 AFC Hornchurch

Horsham 1 - 1 Bury Town

Lowestoft Town 0 - 0 Cray Wanderers

Margate 1 - 1 Carshalton Ath.

Sutton Utd 2 - 0 Hendon

Tonbridge Angel 1 - 0 Maidstone Utd

Ryman Premier F/Ts:

Aveley 0 - 1 Wealdstone

Billericay Town 1 - 0 Tooting & Mitcham

Concord Rangers 2 - 1 Kingstonian

Croydon Ath. 0 - 4 Canvey Is.

Folkestone Inv. 1 - 3 Hastings Utd

Harrow Boro' 1 - 0 AFC Hornchurch

Horsham 1 - 4 Bury Town

Lowestoft Town 0 - 1 Cray Wanderers

Margate 2 - 1 Carshalton Ath.

Sutton Utd 3 - 0 Hendon

Tonbridge Angel 1 - 0 Maidstone Utd

What a fantastic away day that was! The sun was shining and the coach was full, and I was quietly optimistic. However, after the match at The Brockwell a few weeks back when they looked a decent attacking side, I was also expecting a tough match. They didn't look anything like that side, and in truth we could have scored another 4 had we taken some of our chances, and all without getting out of first gear.

Great to see Rhodesy getting a hattrick. The first one was a gift from their number 2 which allowed Jason through on goal, and after his shot was saved Rhodesy was on hand to knock home the rebound. The second goal was hit across the keeper into the bottom corner, and the third was a ball from the right wing which Rhodes connected with at the far post to score from about 8 yards out. Easterford then headed home from a free kick in the second half.

Aside from the match, everything about this day was good fun! Having to drink outside due to the terrible smell in the clubhouse was actually a good move so that we could listen to the Croydon Megamix over the PA. Then the Northerner arriving at about 2pm after doing a few laps of Croydon to find the ground, having been dropped off in a taxi at Selhurst Park!!

The fella who looked like Stephen Merchant took some light hearted banter very well, unlike the tramp who was watching the match over the fence who stormed off in a rage after being politely told by The Yellow Army where the turnstiles were!! And as for poor old Dobbo, we didn't mean it ;)

Finally, explaining to Curtis on the coach home what Twitter was was perhaps the greatest conversation that has ever taken place! Legend!

Onwards and upwards, let's hope we can pick up another 3 points on Tuesday night and keep this excellent run of form going!

What a fantastic away day that was! The sun was shining and the coach was full, and I was quietly optimistic. However, after the match at The Brockwell a few weeks back when they looked a decent attacking side, I was also expecting a tough match. They didn't look anything like that side, and in truth we could have scored another 4 had we taken some of our chances, and all without getting out of first gear.

Great to see Rhodesy getting a hattrick. The first one was a gift from their number 2 which allowed Jason through on goal, and after his shot was saved Rhodesy was on hand to knock home the rebound. The second goal was hit across the keeper into the bottom corner, and the third was a ball from the right wing which Rhodes connected with at the far post to score from about 8 yards out. Easterford then headed home from a free kick in the second half.

Aside from the match, everything about this day was good fun! Having to drink outside due to the terrible smell in the clubhouse was actually a good move so that we could listen to the Croydon Megamix over the PA. Then the Northerner arriving at about 2pm after doing a few laps of Croydon to find the ground, having been dropped off in a taxi at Selhurst Park!!

The fella who looked like Stephen Merchant took some light hearted banter very well, unlike the tramp who was watching the match over the fence who stormed off in a rage after being politely told by The Yellow Army where the turnstiles were!! And as for poor old Dobbo, we didn't mean it ;)

Finally, explaining to Curtis on the coach home what Twitter was was perhaps the greatest conversation that has ever taken place! Legend!

Onwards and upwards, let's hope we can pick up another 3 points on Tuesday night and keep this excellent run of form going!

Curtis and Twitter was just amazingly funny!!

"I thought Twitter was the bit in-between............" (I can't print the rest on here but it is pure brilliance)

Photos of Steven Merchant and the tramp........and one for a caption!!

A full gallery will be on my site later.

Paul

post-4350-0-15643900-1300011574_thumb.jpg

post-4350-0-51552100-1300011584_thumb.jpg

post-4350-0-19892000-1300011626_thumb.jpg

post-4350-0-63962000-1300011684_thumb.jpg

You'll never know how much these photos have made me laugh!!

As for the Caption, Alzapiedi's saying - "It's too late for Joe, but keep your heads down and cover yourselves up and Tony West will leave you alone!"

Despite the fact it is without doubt the hardest ground in Britain to find it was a right laugh!!! The 'no ball' shouts and the tramp!!! Good banter again making every trip worth while!

Thanks for the lift on the coach too boys!!

Well Done Yellow Army and well done Gulls!!

funny day with a great result.

easiest win we have pulled off for a very long time and i think it was one the fans needed, after a few tight ones recently.

good performance all round, as usual the yellow army was in fine voice, with some very good banter about the unavoidable subject of cricket and no balls. Looking at the picture of our friend the tramp, in hindsight, he really was a tramp, did not realise that yesterday.

lets hope this gives us some confidence for another 3 points on tuesday and a march up the table.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

It was an easy win for you yesterday and we really didn't give you a game; I expect you have had harder matches in training - a real disappointment having made a real game of it at your place. Shouldn't take anything away from your winger though and his hattrick. Only positive for us was the form of our 'keeper who still made some good saves.

Only one thing; no, he is not a tramp - been coming and helping out at Club for years and we are very fond of him; he stands there to collect the balls from the cemetery for us which he does including evening games. Don't judge a book by its cover, he actually raises thousands of pounds running marathons and half-marathons in aid of breast cancer charities. I am sure it was only meant as banter but it upset him I am afraid to say as we found out afterwards and he does take this sort of stuff to heart perhaps more than most of us would.

Good luck for rest of season, if you sneak into play-offs on goal difference you may have us to thank for it :)

Apologies Rambo Ram, although I'm sure you can understand that from our point of view he was trying to watch the match without paying your club £8.00, hence the stick! Tell him no hard feelings...

Apologies Rambo Ram, although I'm sure you can understand that from our point of view he was trying to watch the match without paying your club £8.00, hence the stick! Tell him no hard feelings...

Fair one Rambo Ram....didn't look good from the uneducated point of view though!!

Just back from a weekend in Dublin, far to much of the black stuff consumed! Saturday night was very enjoyable when the final scored appeared on SKY Sports.

Sounds like i missed a strong performance and a good day out on Saturday.

Some good pics by Paul that have have turned into some very funny caption contests cheesy%20(2).gif

Fingers crossed for 3 points this evening