Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can we do it???

Looking at the table 4th and 12th are separated by 6 points. with our games in hand i think a play off place is possible, especially if we beat Aveley and Tonbridge!!

Tuesday sees Hornchurch play Hastings who have picked up a little form in the last few weeks beating Billericay and Folkestone in their last two games.

We have some tough games ahead, eg Sutton and Hornchurch. but with some games we should be able to pick all 3 points so it will be a very interesting run in!

If Alex Rhodes stays fit and Hallett can fall over in the box a few times i think we could claim a play off spot!

We have as good a chance as anyone in the top half if we carry on the form that we have playing lately. The rest of the season is going top be exciting and nail biting for those involved and with the weather turning in our favour, hopefully all the clubs involved will see an increase in support! I think Bury Town are more or less certain of their play-off place and Tonbridge are in a strong position too, it's better to have the points on the board than the games in hand! The other 2 places are then going to be fought out between the other 9 clubs! Are we one of those clubs, I would like to think we are and another good performance tomorrow night at home to Aveley will do very nicely!!!

I've been staring at the league table and thinking about this question a lot recently. My opinion is that we can, but it's gonna need us to keep our foot on the gas right until the end of the season.

With this in mind, check out the attachment that I've put together of the 11 teams fighting for the 4 playoff spots, along with their remaining fixtures (I've assumed that Sutton will win the league). I've broken the teams into three groups, Promotion Contenders, Midtable, and Relegation Contenders.

This shows that Bury Town have the toughest run in, followed by Harrow, Wealdstone, and Cray.

AFC Hornchurch have the most favourable run in, with the rest all much of a muchness.

This is assuming that playing a side facing relegation is easier than a side challenging for the playoffs, although we all know that this isn't always the case.

It might well be the case that the "Midtable" sides (Tooting & Mitcham United, Carshalton Athletic, Hendon, and Margate) have the final say, with 26 matches taking place between these sides and the playoff contenders before the end of the season.

Whatever happens, there are two things that have really please me about this season. Firstly, the last two years we have had excellent starts to the season and have faded away badly after Christmas and have had to be looking over our shoulder. Another criticism has been our home form has been poor, and that is really where we need to be winning to keep the home fans coming through the gate.

This season we've kept up the momentum in 2011 with 8 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats, and we have the 3rd best home record in the division with 10 wins, 3 draws, and 3 defeats in out 16 home matches.

Wherever we end up this season I will be much more content that in the past two seasons, although now we're in with a chance it would be a shame for us not to push on and keep ourselves in the mix.

Ryman Premier Playoff Contendersx.pdf

Edited by The Great Eckscape

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon Harrow will get 3 points tomorrow night away at Croydon moving them into 4th place and us down to 7th, these are my predictions for Saturday's forth coming fixtures

Aveley v Sutton United away win

Bury Town v Croydon Athletic home win

Canvey Island v Hastings United home win

Carshalton Athletic v Kingstonian Draw

Cray Wanderers v Hendon home win

Folkestone Invicta v Billericay Town away win

Horsham v AFC Hornchurch Draw

Lowestoft Town v Tonbridge Angels Draw

Margate v Harrow Borough away win

Tooting & Mitcham United v Maidstone United home win

Wealdstone v Concord Rangers draw

Meaning we will go into 6th place above Tonbridge on goal difference but behind Lowestoft on GD. These results will more or less guarantee Bury their play off place but still leaving from Hornchurch up fighting it out for the other 3 places!!! How many points do you think clubs will need to secure a play off place, I think if we can win our final 3 home games and then get a win at Folkestone and Maidestone that may be enough to get us there!!!! looking at Concords remaining fixtures, I can see them getting 12 points from the five left after Saturday, meaning our game against them could possibly be for a play off place, how big a day is that going to be? I think the same for Hornchurch (12 points from their remaining 5 games after Saturday) as well, our game on the 16th at the Brockwell is another massive must win home game! I think Billericay will pick up 13 points, drawing at Wealdstone (who could well be our new friends if they get the correct results for us) and losing their final game at home to Sutton! Harrow will probably pick up a further 11 points after Saturday, Wealdstone again doing us a favour by scraping a win!! Lowestoft could finish on 74 points and Tonbridge finishing on 79 points!!!! Sorry if its a mess but I have just been going through the final fixtures and I cant see too many of the teams chasing the play offs dropping too many points!!! Meaning we will need 15 points from our remaining 7 games making sure that we win our home games to get a play off place!

I reckon Harrow will get 3 points tomorrow night away at Croydon moving them into 4th place and us down to 7th, these are my predictions for Saturday's forth coming fixtures

Aveley v Sutton United away win

Bury Town v Croydon Athletic home win

Canvey Island v Hastings United home win

Carshalton Athletic v Kingstonian Draw

Cray Wanderers v Hendon home win

Folkestone Invicta v Billericay Town away win

Horsham v AFC Hornchurch Draw

Lowestoft Town v Tonbridge Angels Draw

Margate v Harrow Borough away win

Tooting & Mitcham United v Maidstone United home win

Wealdstone v Concord Rangers draw

Meaning we will go into 6th place above Tonbridge on goal difference but behind Lowestoft on GD. These results will more or less guarantee Bury their play off place but still leaving from Hornchurch up fighting it out for the other 3 places!!! How many points do you think clubs will need to secure a play off place, I think if we can win our final 3 home games and then get a win at Folkestone and Maidestone that may be enough to get us there!!!! looking at Concords remaining fixtures, I can see them getting 12 points from the five left after Saturday, meaning our game against them could possibly be for a play off place, how big a day is that going to be? I think the same for Hornchurch (12 points from their remaining 5 games after Saturday) as well, our game on the 16th at the Brockwell is another massive must win home game! I think Billericay will pick up 13 points, drawing at Wealdstone (who could well be our new friends if they get the correct results for us) and losing their final game at home to Sutton! Harrow will probably pick up a further 11 points after Saturday, Wealdstone again doing us a favour by scraping a win!! Lowestoft could finish on 74 points and Tonbridge finishing on 79 points!!!! Sorry if its a mess but I have just been going through the final fixtures and I cant see too many of the teams chasing the play offs dropping too many points!!! Meaning we will need 15 points from our remaining 7 games making sure that we win our home games to get a play off place!

ive predicted how the league will finish by giving the points first and then seeing how the table ends up, points will be dropped because teams near the top have to play each other, anyway this how i had it finishing;

sutton 89

bury 80

lowestoft 78

tonbridge 78

canvey 76

harrow 75

billericay 75

concord 74

kingstonian 74

hornchurch 71

i had ricay beating sutton who would already be in party mood but its so close that one game either way would change everything and you are right the play off game is the concord game which i have us to win

One thing for sure is the season is not dead !

However it ends up its been a cracker for me !:grin:

And i think we will nick a draw at your place so we will finish a point above u !:icon29:

Thats going by HAYNABBS reckoning, by my final table a draw would have us finish level on points.

My Final table goes like this,

1. Sutton 90

2. Bury 79

3. Ton 79

4. Ricay 77

5. Canvey 75

6. Lowes 74

7. Harrow 73

8. S. Rats 72

9. Hx 71

Aveley 0 - 3 Sutton United

Bury Town 1 - 1 Croydon Athletic