Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island Vs Tonbridge

This is a huge game for us on Saturday, 3 points from this game will put us 2 point behind them with a game in hand!!! COME ON YOU MIGHTY YELLOWS!!!!! We should all try to bring a friend along to this one, (I will struggle as I dont have any!!!) and make as much noise as possible and get behind the boys in their push for the Play-off's!! The team spirit they are showing is brilliant and they responding to the efforts that are put in by the fantastic Yellow Army!!!

This is a huge game for us on Saturday, 3 points from this game will put us 2 point behind them with a game in hand!!! COME ON YOU MIGHTY YELLOWS!!!!! We should all try to bring a friend along to this one, (I will struggle as I dont have any!!!) and make as much noise as possible and get behind the boys in their push for the Play-off's!! The team spirit they are showing is brilliant and they responding to the efforts that are put in by the fantastic Yellow Army!!!

Saturday is now a huge game for the club and the the race for the Playoffs.

Tonbridge are decent and will come to the Brockwell looking for all 3 points. Im sure they will also bring a good following.

Gaffer - Your right ,we need to keep backing the players as the fans have certainly acted as a 12th man over the last few weeks. To all fans bring a friend, family member or neighbour and support the clubs push for the playoffs! " Your Club Needs You" :excited:

Edited by ShedBoy

If we play to our strengths I can't see why we can't secure all three points on Saturday at Fortress Brockwell, (form guide doesn't lie - http://www.footballw...?count=8&type=1).

Every game is going to be a cup final for us as each fixture will have some significance and we're going to be looking to others to do us a favour at times. Saturday alone we have, (and what we're hoping for):

Hornchurch Vs Sutton - Away win

Bury Town Vs Concord - Home win

Cray Wanderers Vs Horsham - Away win

Kingstonian Vs Lowestoft - Draw

Maidstone Vs Billericay - Home win

Tooting Vs Harrow - Home win

Wealdstone Vs Folkestone - Away win

Edited by Matt H

As Matt says, our home form this season has been fantastic, and can be attributed to our success this season. Having drawn with Tonbridge at their place a couple of weeks ago in a match we could have won (or lost at the end!), I do think we can win this one. It won't be easy, and with an attack of Carl Rook and Frannie Collin they are going to be very dangerous going forward. However, I have faith in our defensive players to keep them at bay, and that our attackers will come good in front of goal. Also, let's not forget, Tonbridge lost 2-0 away to the dreadful Croydon Athletic a couple of weeks back, without Rook admittedly.

I'm going to go for a 2-0 win for the Mighty Canvey, with Leon Gordon and Danny Heale grabbing the vital goals! As for the other matches, I'll go for...

AFC Hornchurch 0 - 2 Sutton United

Bury Town 3 - 2 Concord Rangers

Carshalton Athletic 1 - 2 Aveley

Cray Wanderers 4 - 0 Horsham

Hastings United 1 - 1 Croydon Athletic

Hendon 2 - 2 Margate

Kingstonian 1 - 3 Lowestoft Town

Maidstone United 0 - 1 Billericay Town

Tooting & Mitcham United 2 - 0 Harrow Borough

Wealdstone 3 - 1 Folkestone Invicta

If we play to our strengths I can't see why we can't secure all three points on Saturday at Fortress Brockwell, (form guide doesn't lie - http://www.footballw...?count=8&type=1).

Every game is going to be a cup final for us as each fixture will have some significance and we're going to be looking to others to do us a favour at times. Saturday alone we have, (and what we're hoping for):

Hornchurch Vs Sutton - Away win

Bury Town Vs Concord - Home win

Cray Wanderers Vs Horsham - Away win

Kingstonian Vs Lowestoft - Draw

Maidstone Vs Billericay - Home win

Tooting Vs Harrow - Home win

Wealdstone Vs Folkestone - Away win

If these come up like this I could see a few of the Mighty Yellow Army running round the Brockwell with their w1llys hanging out!!!! And the 2 biggest gaylords on this forum would be given front row seats as we know how much they would like it!!! :grin:

Hornchurch Vs Sutton - draw 2-2

Bury Town Vs Concord - draw 1-1

Cray Wanderers Vs Horsham - home win 3-1

Kingstonian Vs Lowestoft - Draw 1-1

Maidstone Vs Billericay - away win 0-2

Tooting Vs Harrow - Home win 2-1

Wealdstone Vs Folkestone - home win 3-0

They are my predictions and for The Mighty Canvey Island I am going to go for a 2-1 win in a very tense and exciting battle with the goals from Hallet & Konk, plenty of banter coming from the Yellow Army and of course the awesome vocal support that will keep spurring the Gulls on to those all important play-off places!!!! Attendance prediction, I have a feeling its going to be higher than usual, 374, will it be 5-0?

Higher than 374, think the crowd will be 400+

I have a feeling you are going to get one back as I also think on reflection that the crowd will be 400+, they should bring a few with them as well and hopefully with a good review in the Echo there will be a few more!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY YELLOW ARMY!!!! I am so excited for this game!!!

Tomorrow is going to be a massive day and I think my attendance prediction is about 60 out, I reckon there will be 434 but my original one stands :492:

The lads had their team talk from our inspirational leader last night and where would the Yellow Army be without him in the sheds as well as he leads us all in only the way he can!!!! Lets hope we can repay his leadership with our best ever rendition of 'Burning ring of fire!!!!' The noise from the sheds is going to awesome, I cant wait, COME ON YOU YEEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOWWWWSSSS!!!!!

Canvey 2-1 Tonbridge.

Att : 410.

Well I think we battled f**king hard for that victory and at the end of the day earned a very valuable three points.

Every player on the field slogged their guts out 110% to ensure another victory at Fortress Brockwell, that like has been said before would've been lost in past seasons.

I think Hallett deserved his MoM for all the running and effort he put in, Rhodes was unlucky not the get a goal for himself and Matty Game and Kingy were like a pair of trebuchets battling in midfield, plenty of force and nothing knocked 'em back, even with Kingy taking that smash in the face.

The Tonbridge forward line found themselves stuck between a rock and a hard place in Mooro and Easterford, can't tell which is which and Dumas and Westy were up and down like yoyos.

Rusty didn't have much to trouble him, but when called upon he did what he needed to in a cool, calm fashion and earned himself another clean sheet bonus.

Special mention to Danny Heale though who I think these past few games has been such an influential play-maker I think he's been a real difference. At the start of the season I questioned why he played so deep leaving Curran/Hallett as the out and out striker up front, but these past couple of games his performance in front of the midfield has been superb. Against Horsham he was brilliant, especially in the build-up to to Rhodes' goal. Tuesday night he won everything in the air going forward and today he was strong and passed the ball around with confidence. I don't think I've seen a play-maker like that since Jeff Minton.

Two vital away games coming up now, away at league leaders Sutton Utd where I'd be happy to take anything off them if it gives us a boost and then the following Monday night we travel to our must win game in hand against Hendon. I don't think it can be emphasised enough how much we have to get maximum points from that fixture!!

Edited by Matt H

Thought it was an excellent performance against a Tonbridge side who rarely threatened our goal.

Think Russell had to make one save in the second half but other than that, our defence completely smothered their dangermen Collin and Rook and in midfield we closed them down superbly and gave them little time in possesion to create anything.

Gamo and Kingy were excellent in midfield. Gamo won everything and didn't give their midfield a moment's peace.

Mooro and John Easterford were immense at the back and our defence was very well organised today.

Healsey took his goal well and his general link up play was good. Jason worked really hard and deserved his MOM award. Gave their defence plenty to think about and didn't stop running.

Great attendance today as well.

First, the positives....

What a great day that was!! The win was absolutely massive, and really does confirm our status as playoff contenders. It's one thing beating the likes of Horsham, Aveley, and Croydon, it's quite another to take 4 points off of a team sat third in the table. We controlled the match for long periods and fully deserved the three points. Jason man of the match, but in truth there wasn't really a weak link in the team and any one apart from Russell could have won MoTM (no offence Rusty but you didn't have to do much!) Mooro, Easterford, West, and Dumas were all tremendous at the back, with the two centre backs looking solid and West and Dumas as effective going forward as they were at the back.

Rob King and Matt Game threw themselves around for 90 minutes and broke up a lot of Tonbridge's possession - one of the main reasons they didn't create much. Rhodes and Gordon looked confident running with the ball, and although they weren't peppering the box with crosses, they were definitely instrumental in starting off plenty of moves which lead to goalscoring opportunities.

And as for the front two, what else can you say - one scored the winner and one got man of the match!!

At the final whistle the celebrations were fantastic, and you could see in the players and the fans that there is a real belief that we can get into those playoff positions.

Other positives were the fantastic crowd of 477 - a good turn out from the locals plus a good travelling (although quiet) number of Angels.

And for anyone who stayed to see Adam Duffill playing in the clubhouse afterwards, I'm sure you agree that this was the perfect end to a great day!

And now the negative.....

The scenes at the final whistle were without a doubt the biggest act of cowardice I have ever witnessed, albeit from afar. For their fan to push a 71 year old man to the floor and then punch him was a truly terrible thing to do. The fact that the man was John Easterford's grandad meant that he and other players jumped over the fence to get involved, which is totally understandable as I'm sure anyone of us would have done the same in his situation.

However, we need to remember that every club has their idiots, and the act of a couple of w@nkers shouldn't be held against Tonbridge Angels as a club. After all had happened some of their coaching staff were over checking whether he was okay as he sat on the terracing pulling himself together. Also, many other Tonbridge fans were really apologetic afterwards for what had occured, which was very good of them.

Back to a bit of a positive, but I have to say how well the stewards handled the whole situation. When I got round to that area of the ground there was a sea of orange jackets surrounding the man, saving him from the many understandably angry fans. They acted as quickly as they possibly could under the circumstances and diffused the situation well, and did the right thing in allowing the man and some fellow supporters some space away from everybody else to wait before he was arrested.

I understand that John's grandad was a bit shaken up but not too bad when he got home, and I hope this incident doesn't stop him coming to watch his grandson play. John and his family were at the gig in the evening and have certainly embraced life at The Brockwell Stadium since John joined the club.

All in all this was a great win, and we can go into Sutton showing them respect, but certainly not fear.

Come On You Yellows!

OH WHEN THE GULLS!!!!!!!!!!! What a great day that was yesterday, the atmosphere was awesome and the scenes with the players at the final whistle was incredible, thats how you celebrate a victory, with the fans who yet again gave everything they had in supporting the boys to this brilliant victory!!! It was a hard fought scrap and we totally deserved all 3 points, the defence worked their socks off and left Rusty with the scraps to clear up which he did with ease. Good choice for the MOTM but anyone of 5/6 players could have got that! We are now well and truely in the mix for the play-offs' anything from next weeks game will be great, but right now the spirit and desire being shown by the team is immense and Sutton are going to be in for one hell of a game!!! COME ON YOU YEEEEELLLLLOOOOWWWWSSSS!!!!!!

The incident at the end of the game was a shame as the Tonbridge had given and taken a bit of banter and the atmosphere during the game was brilliant. They were more embarresed by the situation and thankfully it got dealt with correctly :applaus: Well done to those involved and the Tonbridge steward who was full of appologies :applaus:

TGE has paid his bet, my head will vouch for that :champis2: and I couldn't repay mine as all the Jager went last night! Great crowd, I was way out and hopefully that will carry on for the remainder of the season!

How good was Adam Duffell as well, one of the best live acts I have ever seen, absolutely brilliant! Top night in the end to finish of a great day!!!

First, the positives....

What a great day that was!! The win was absolutely massive, and really does confirm our status as playoff contenders. It's one thing beating the likes of Horsham, Aveley, and Croydon, it's quite another to take 4 points off of a team sat third in the table. We controlled the match for long periods and fully deserved the three points. Jason man of the match, but in truth there wasn't really a weak link in the team and any one apart from Russell could have won MoTM (no offence Rusty but you didn't have to do much!) Mooro, Easterford, West, and Dumas were all tremendous at the back, with the two centre backs looking solid and West and Dumas as effective going forward as they were at the back.

Rob King and Matt Game threw themselves around for 90 minutes and broke up a lot of Tonbridge's possession - one of the main reasons they didn't create much. Rhodes and Gordon looked confident running with the ball, and although they weren't peppering the box with crosses, they were definitely instrumental in starting off plenty of moves which lead to goalscoring opportunities.

And as for the front two, what else can you say - one scored the winner and one got man of the match!!

At the final whistle the celebrations were fantastic, and you could see in the players and the fans that there is a real belief that we can get into those playoff positions.

Other positives were the fantastic crowd of 477 - a good turn out from the locals plus a good travelling (although quiet) number of Angels.

And for anyone who stayed to see Adam Duffill playing in the clubhouse afterwards, I'm sure you agree that this was the perfect end to a great day!

And now the negative.....

The scenes at the final whistle were without a doubt the biggest act of cowardice I have ever witnessed, albeit from afar. For their fan to push a 71 year old man to the floor and then punch him was a truly terrible thing to do. The fact that the man was John Easterford's grandad meant that he and other players jumped over the fence to get involved, which is totally understandable as I'm sure anyone of us would have done the same in his situation.

However, we need to remember that every club has their idiots, and the act of a couple of w@nkers shouldn't be held against Tonbridge Angels as a club. After all had happened some of their coaching staff were over checking whether he was okay as he sat on the terracing pulling himself together. Also, many other Tonbridge fans were really apologetic afterwards for what had occured, which was very good of them. :applaus: well said TGE

Back to a bit of a positive, but I have to say how well the stewards handled the whole situation. When I got round to that area of the ground there was a sea of orange jackets surrounding the man, saving him from the many understandably angry fans. They acted as quickly as they possibly could under the circumstances and diffused the situation well, and did the right thing in allowing the man and some fellow supporters some space away from everybody else to wait before he was arrested.

I understand that John's grandad was a bit shaken up but not too bad when he got home, and I hope this incident doesn't stop him coming to watch his grandson play. John and his family were at the gig in the evening and have certainly embraced life at The Brockwell Stadium since John joined the club.

All in all this was a great win, and we can go into Sutton showing them respect, but certainly not fear.

Come On You Yellows!

I may as well not have bothered writing mine!!!!!!! More or less the same post!!!!

Edited by The Gaffer from the Rock

Haha, two great minds and all that!

Yep, the bar was drank dry og Jagermeister, always a sign of a good night. What I want to know is when I have to get up at 7.30am for work on a weekday after an early night I really struggle, yet this morning after a skinful I was up at 7am wide awake.....what's that all about?! Maybe I should get on the Jagers every night!!

Forgot to mention the Yellow Army who once again were magnificent! I can only imagine what a lift it must be for the players out there to hear the support coming out of the shed, and it's been great to see a few new faces joining the ranks over the past few matches - long may it continue. Pound for pound we are the loudest fans in the league, no doubt about it!