Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey F.C.

Smudge

just want to know why cc are letting them in when others havent, not that i am against it but still doesnt make a lot of sense to me as to why they are not in a closer league to there location, any info if they have been rejected by wessex or sussex?............................................................

that question was raised and the answers were (a) they felt the CCL was a better quality league to enter (B) the easier/cheaper flight options are Gatwick and the CCL clubs generally have good M25 access and this will make travelling to Guernsey a better option - it was accepted that there would be some clubs to whom this may not apply, but the overall benefits make the CCL more inviting. They did say that the CCL was their first choice based on these facts, or words to that effect.

The two chaps came across as very genuine and seem to have a great desire to move football on the Island forward, and I think this is why the majority vote went in their favour, as it would seem wrong to dismiss this venture without letting them progress their plan. My view only, but it is backed up somewhat by the fact we are still pressing ahead.

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

so what if they are mid table this time next year if teams can't be bothered( as you say) why would they want to travel to Guernsey and visa versa.......hmmm.will you be travelling with any particular club,

My view for what it is worth,is at least I now know we have 9 sensible Clubs in the C.C.L.,and 1 that couldn't be bothered.Probably got a valid excuse though,which I will no doubt hear about.Nice of Horley to offer their Services as regards Parking,but is it a place where I would like to leave my top of the Range Car(if I had one)unattended for 24hrs.Simple Answer NO.Was there any mention made of a Trial Run fixture,being undertaken before the Final vote is cast at the A.G.M.if not why not,then at least the Clubs would of had some idea as to the pitfalls.As for them supplying the kit,how laughable,Clubs and Supporters are proud of their Colours,and wear them with pride.

Edited by Smudge

My view for what it is worth,is at least I now know we have 9 sensible Clubs in the C.C.L.,and 1 that couldn't be bothered.Probably got a valid excuse though,which I will no doubt hear about.Nice of Horley to offer their Services as regards Parking,but is it a place where I would like to leave my top of the Range Car(if I had one)unattended for 24hrs.Simple Answer NO.Was there any mention made of a Trial Run fixture,being undertaken before the Final vote is cast at the A.G.M.if not why not,then at least the Clubs would of had some idea as to the pitfalls.As for them supplying the kit,how laughable,Clubs and Supporters are proud of their Colours,and wear them with pride.

The reason for only 39 votes was due to Farleigh Rovers being unable to attend the meeting.

With regards to the kit, Guernsey FC offered clubs the use of a kit, in order to minimise the amount of luggage required. Clubs would still be able to wear their own colours should they so wish to.

There are so many pitfalls, possible banana skins as mentioned on previous posts, but the biggest factor is the voting.

I don't know the breakdown but I would bet a fairly large sum on the fact that most if not all the premier clubs voted yes as they will not really be effected, only the club which draws them in the premier cup, and that may be at home anyway.

Which means in all probability that half (approx) of the division effected voted NO

This cannot be right, they are the ones who are going to have to plan all this, It's bad enough getting players to an away game as it is, with work commitments etc etc, I only see this 'project' DOOMED to failure, and as proven on several occasions down the years I am nearly always right, including over the hayes gate and fne debacle of this season !!!!!!!!

350.gif

There are so many pitfalls, possible banana skins as mentioned on previous posts, but the biggest factor is the voting.

I don't know the breakdown but I would bet a fairly large sum on the fact that most if not all the premier clubs voted yes as they will not really be effected, only the club which draws them in the premier cup, and that may be at home anyway.

Which means in all probability that half (approx) of the division effected voted NO

This cannot be right, they are the ones who are going to have to plan all this, It's bad enough getting players to an away game as it is, with work commitments etc etc, I only see this 'project' DOOMED to failure, and as proven on several occasions down the years I am nearly always right, including over the hayes gate and fne debacle of this season !!!!!!!!

350.gif

Agree 100% with you on this ... The term that is used for a project like this is "planning to fail".......

Edited by Weeble

350.gif

They will the following season, if the team is as good as predicted

Edited by Green_Fingers

350.gif

There are quite a few assumptions in that statement Spy. I believe it's fair to say that the majority of the questions/concerns raised during the meeting were from Premier Division teams.

The proposal last night is exciting in principle but has financial pitfalls for the CCL clubs and a potential very big upside for Guernsey. Their officials were honest enough to give an estimated budget they have plus with anticipated crowds they will have a very big turnover indeed. I suggested that they backed this up by giving the CCL Div 1 clubs say £500 on top to cover all expenses which against their total budget is only a very small amount. The clubs could then use that money to cover any unexpected expenses, pay for a couple more of their officials to attend if they so wish (at present it looks like only 2 will be paid for) and even compensate the odd player if they missed work that Sat morning. We all know just how difficult it it getting players to away games in this league never mind Gatwick airport 24 hours before a game! The reality is that after the initial burst I would expect our Clubs to travel with weakened teams and be well beaten if the players mentioned are to be believed-all for what, a 24 hour trip?! Life is hard enough without the extra aggro this will probably cause but the flip side is that Steps 6, 5 and 4 all need this type of proposal to put life back into the Leagues and therefore it needs full consideration. We voted yes last night to move forward to the next stage but they have a lot to do in our eyes to get a yes at the AGM. If they want to join they should protect the Div 1 clubs by covering ALL expenses and giving them the opportunity to get their best team out there to compete otherwise this could become a very expensive unwanted exercise. A couple of Div 1 clubs in particular were concerned by the increases in League and Ref fees next year and all clubs are feeling the pinch, if this attempt costs the clubs even an extra couple of hundred pounds each it will not go down well but hopefully a way can be found to move forward that satifies all parties

Edited by chertseytown

From a personal point of view I think its a great move by the CCL to try and move this forward. I was not at the meeting last night but my main concern was players injuries due to no NHS in Guernsey but from what I have been told this has been covered aswell by Guersney FA.

There are always going to be negative comments towards such a big change for the CCL but if its a change to move the league on then Im all for it.

Issues that I think posters have put on here have all been covered and again from what I have been told they put forward a very good case as to why they should join the league.

There will be stumbling blocks and I expect teams will moan throughout the season that they cant get their best side out to go to Guernsey but how many teams can get their best side out every week now.

There is obviously a long way to go in this yet but I for one will now support this venture after initially thinking it was a ridiculous idea.

I just hope that if Im still managing Warlingham next season we get the away gane to Guernsey in August!!

GUERNSEY VOTED INTO CCL DIV. 1 BY MEMBER CLUBS LAST NIGHT !

HOPEFULLY THERE WILL NO BE HICK-UPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT WOULD IMAGINE THERE WILL PROBABLY BE SOME TEETHING PROBLEMS TO START OFF WITH SO NOW WAIT FOR ALL THE MOANS, REMEMBER FIRST THAT THE CLUBS VOTED GUERNSEY IN !

IT'S GOING TO BE EXCITING FOR THE PLAYERS TO ENJOY PLAYING IN FRONT OF +400 CROWD (SO WE ARE TOLD), SURELY A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR THEM AND THE CLUBS TO TAKE IN THE MOMENT....... BE VERY INTERESTING TO SEE HOW GOOD GUERNSEY ACTUALLY ARE !

ITS GOOD TO HAVE NEW CLUBS INVOLVED IN THE CCL COS IT GIVES THE LEAGUE A HIGHER PROFILE AND COULD BE DEEMED AS A STEP FORWARD IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

so what if they are mid table this time next year if teams can't be bothered ( as you say) why would they want to travel to Guernsey and visa versa.......hmmm. will you be travelling with any particular club,

STUPID STATEMENT DUNCS READ WHAT YOU WROTE............. 'COS ITS WARMER DERRRR !..... 'COS THE LEAGUE DICTATES THEY HAVE TOO ......SIMPLES ! NEXT SEASON COVE SHOULD NOT BOTHER GOING TO GUERNSEY WITH NOTHING TO PLAY FOR AND ENJOY THE FINE.............. HAPPY DAYS ! GET A BOBBLE HAT DUNCS IT'LL MAKE YOU HEAD WARMER SO YOU CAN THINK BETTER ....................LOL !

GOOD TRY DUNCS ! YEAH IM SURE SOMEONE WILL FOR PAY ME TO GO AND WATCH A FEW GAMES OVER THERE WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSD, OR I WILL BE GOING TO GUERNSEY NEXT SEASON WITH YOU AND SMUDGY BOY.......................HA HA HA !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

Poor show by Farleigh then,another team off my list.

QUITE SIMPLE THE CHOO CHOO TRAIN MISSED THE STOP......................BE CAREFUL SMUDGEY BOY YOU TURNCOAT, THATS YOUR BELOVED FARLEIGH ROVERS WE ARE TALKING ABOUT...............TUTT TUTT SHAME ON YOU ................. LOL !

350.gif

HENCE APPROPRIATELY NAMED .............SPY !!!