Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Canvey Island Vs Hastings

Cant wait for Saturday, the weather isnt going to be too bad and a day chilling out having one or two beers, doesn't get much better than that!!!! I was way out with my crowd prediction last time out and hopefully the Jagermaster has been replaced, so I predict a very healthy crowd of 435 for this game and as for a result, I just hope the players continue with their high level of performance and we get those all important 3 points!

COME ON YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU YYYYEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWWSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Higher for this one Simmo, I think the locals will turn out in force!

I'm going for a 2-0 win with Easterford & Game with the goals! We've got to pump up the volume to new heights for this one, it's going to be electric!!

I'm going for a 2-0 win with Easterford & Game with the goals! We've got to pump up the volume to new heights for this one, it's going to be electric!!

Score prediction are out of the window now, its all about picking up the 3 points in any fashion! I would like to think we will get at the very least a 400 + crowd, we need the backing of all fans, old and new!

I hope so TGE, never before have I ever wanted to lose a bet, Come on You Yellows, I have so much work to do but cant think about anything else!!!!!!!

I dont care what the score is either just as long we score one more than they do!!!!

I hope so TGE, never before have I ever wanted to lose a bet, Come on You Yellows, I have so much work to do but cant think about anything else!!!!!!!

It's only Thursday, but I can't wait for our next match...again!

the most buzzed up for a canvey game since enfield 3 years ago, i think well over 500 as im sure hastings will bring a few as they are fighting relegation no score predictions just 3 points success for canvey now seems much more real and sweeter though the memories of winning the trophy at villa, winning the league at thurrock and the semi final shoot out vs telford and danny potter playing outfield at ford utd will stay with me forever, i just wanted to know from others on here what was the most buzzed or excited you have been at a canvey match

the most buzzed up for a canvey game since enfield 3 years ago, i think well over 500 as im sure hastings will bring a few as they are fighting relegation no score predictions just 3 points success for canvey now seems much more real and sweeter though the memories of winning the trophy at villa, winning the league at thurrock and the semi final shoot out vs telford and danny potter playing outfield at ford utd will stay with me forever, i just wanted to know from others on here what was the most buzzed or excited you have been at a canvey match

winning the Ryman North Play-Off after almost going out of business the season before! That was an amazing effort by the club and what a day!:excited:

winning the Ryman North Play-Off after almost going out of business the season before! That was an amazing effort by the club and what a day!:excited:

that day was something else but it doesnt have to be a day it can be during a match just the most excited youve been at that moment and for me when we got 2 quick goals in the trophy final vs hednesford at that moment i was in another world up in the holte end it was bedlum i know we lost the game but that moment was brilliant

That was an incredible day but I prefer the Semi-Final against Sudbury when we the underdog, from the moment we got on the coach till we took over the pub in Sudbury and then the scenes after the game and in the Sudbury club house as well, and right now, all the banter and the atmosphere, its bringing back awesome memories!!!!!!! Long may it continue as well, COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!!!!

It's funny, I am usually buzzing when we're hanging on to a one goal lead by a thread and the opposition are throwing everything at us. I felt a bit like that against Tonbridge the other week and at Hastings earlier in the year, but the last time I really felt it was against Maidstone in the FA Trophy.

On the contrary I also feel it when we're in a scenario and I can "see" something happening that changes the game before it actually happens ie the penalty at home to Dartford in the FA Cup I felt like I knew it was coming before the ball even got into their penalty area. I haven't had that feeling for a while, I remember getting it against Grays Ath back in the Conference before Dwayne Clarke scored.

The feeling after Sudbury in the playoffs was incredible! Everyone realised what a fantastic match it had been, but it was impossible to enjoy during the match because we were so nervous! When Leon Gordon came sliding over after making it 3-2, that would be the moment for me!

It's funny, me & TGE was only talking about that ford united game just the other day, the satisfaction in the beaming sun with beers in hand watching our final game of the season knowing we had finally cracked the ryman prem, Danny Potters camio & nearly scoring & One of Benno's final appearances! Fantastic day that I don't think I'd ever forget.

Port Vale replay in the FA cup, being at school & lying to my teachers at why I'm going to need Two days off school (I blame the parents)

Our semi final at Sudbury still physically tires me out just thinking about it, such a rollercoaster of emotions, celebrate goal, frown on the equaliser, celebrate goal, frown on the equaliser then shout very abusively at a certain Mr Rowe for celebrating right infront of our dugout then pure pandimoniam when leons header goes in, phew!!!

But for me it's definitely our play off final. We as a club had never experienced that feeling. We either lost out to the one promotion spot on offer or when we won promotion we won it at a canter so to win the play off final after everything as a club we has gone through & to pull it back from going 1 behind against the favourites on the day was just an exceptional experience to be apart of!

Can history repeat itself?? Let's hope so! COYY

The Sudbury game was a rollercoaster of emotions. That was a tiring game even just watching it!!!

The Port Vale game at Park Lane though will live long in the memory though. What a great game that was and the comeback in the final moments of the game was simply unbelievable.

Attendance was 501.

I think we suffered from a bit of overconfidence yesterday in the first-half and once we'd gone behind from the penalty, we lost our composure with passes going astray and acting too casual when in possession.

Saying that, we were the most dominant team throughout and Hastings' two goals came from their extremely limited efforts on goal. They capitalised on our mistakes, rather than really threatened through their own playmaking. Hastings did well in closing down our attackers though, they had three men on each of our wingers when we were in possession and the two forwards were given no time on the ball, which meant we resorted to hitting the long ball up to Hallett who was up against their Captain's ariel skills.

I didn't see anything wrong with Hallett's "goal", but as we say these things even themselves out over the season.

The comeback was fantastic though! Again, in previous seasons I don't think we would've had the fight and belief to get those two goals back. Thought Rhodes was fantastic yesterday, provided both goals, and hit the woodwork twice. Healsey was brilliant again and Matty Game was literally everywhere, chasing everything and finally got his first competitive goal. I think Westy had a solid game too and it was good to see Skidmore get some more minutes on the pitch.

Yesterday's result makes getting all three points Tuesday night even more important now, although we were helped with a couple of draws elsewhere yesterday. I know TGE mentioned about goal-difference effecting the table, but just check out difference between Billericay and Concord!

I thought we looked more nervous than complacent. Every game is now a pressure match so some of the players must have been feeling the tension.

If we had got the first goal then we could have relaxed more but we were always chasing the game and Hastings did well to close us down and give our forwards very little space.

As Matt said, last year that was a game we would have probably lost and we showed great spirit to fight back and get a point that could prove crucial come the end of the season.

On paper this looked a game we would win easily but at this stage of the season the form book goes out of the window. Both Billericay and Lowestoft have dropped points to the likes of Folkestone and Maidstone recently so all sides will have their off days.

I thought Gamo was our best player yesterday. Never gave up and deserved his goal. Rhodesy had a decent game as well.

In fairness, we got away with it a bit at the end as Hastings had three good chances to win the match in injury time after Rhodesy had hit the post.

Certainly this game wasn't good for the nerves but was an exciting match in front of another great crowd.

Looking forward to Tuesday's trip to Folkestone!!