Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Andy fords best move of year

Richard C

Moving lee and mc lements to opposite side of the defence. From the moment mc Lemenets was skinned from the start we feared the worst. When he switched the 2 it never looked like exeter would even score. Great move from Andy good support from behind the goal and a god game in all!! Great still dont know what to say!! in all...... Owen, pinnock Howarth and lee were superb but in no way were any others not good!! Moore was again all over the park sweeping up and looks very assured!! Miller looked ok!! but lee and mclements kept us in the game at times!!!! My man of the match and very unlucky to james pinnock who deserves all the adulation of being a very worthy match winner but it has to go to the one and only Wilko!!!! absolutely immense!!! he comes back and we win two on the trott no coincedence that!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the best game since Morecambe at home and long may the decent football continue!!! Every single fleet player on that pitch deserves ten out of ten fro effort and application well done reds!!!! Shearer, moore, Lee, Mclements, Miller, Owen, Walshe, Pinnock, Haworth, Wilko and Stroutsy every player on that pitch well done!!! stay for the cause Fleet stay please lets get 400+ away at Stevenage!!! Come on we can do this!! we are the team to be beaten in this league lets keep the noise going at Stonebridge Roadf every week and lets make teams feel the pressure!!!

Excellent!! up the fleet forever!!!

Indeed, Richard C, an excellent result today - I'm sure most of us would have happily settled for a draw before kick off. The two goals we let in were a little sloppy from a defensive point of view, but in general it was a fine second half showing after a fairly even opening half (I thought the start of the second half was supposed to be our weakest spell in the game! grin.gif). Wilkerson was superb - not a lot he could do about the two late goals, and his excellent low one-handed save was classic Wilko. Also, Haworth and Pinnock seem to be striking up a fine partnership up front at present, but it was in general a fine team effort. Miller gave the ball away a little too often in the first half, but to be fair to him I doubt whether he is back to full fitness yet. Overall, then, a fine display - picking up the points against the fellow weaker sides (like Leigh last week) is important, but it can't do any harm defeating the stronger ones too! grin.gif

Absolutely agree Richard C & jc. Tremendous performance, some great football, superb weather, valuable 3 points etc..... Best game for a while. I also think Ben Walshe was exceptional today showing true class. Is it going to be possible to extend his loan spell? VM like him to stay for as long as poss.

Well done to all the lads... looking forward to Tues!

Up the REDS.....

I had us down to nick a point today, just. Exeter looked the business in the first half, but we kept battling. Once we were two up they faded, it was only when we conceeded the first of two soft goals, that Exeter tried to snatch a point back. I didn't think I'd be saying that tonight.

Well done lads, congrats all round.

Quote:
David Holden said:
Quote:
Drummer Boy said:
The drum will be departing at 1800hrs on Tuesday!! If u see it rolling along the M25 give it a Beep!!
Hahaha!!!

Bang Bang Bang!!

You might want to check with Stevenage to make sure they will let the drum in.

I seem to recall last season they didn't even let a young lad bring an air-horn in.