Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

And nobody noticed

pabird

Anyone notice Crow left some time back

Not getting a game or even any part of game Crow considered the money was simply not enough of a reason to sit on the sidelines (two games two goals)

I am aware of how proud he has been of the good times and how he spent so many seasons only wishing to represent CIFC

For me after the final two years of his coaching the team and being skipper it is a sad reflection on todays attitudes that he could simply walk away without so much as a thank you, it was a far more pleasant end of season when he led the team to promotion

See you around (if you play golf) ;)

This was mentioned yesterday, but I assumed he was still involved in the club, just injured/busy with something else. If an official announcement had been made, I'm certain people would have been quick to write their thanks on here.

So, thank's Crow. Good luck with your coaching. Your contribution with the club has been great, you'll be a true legend in many a Canvey fan's eyes!

I had wondered where he was as I hadn't seen him about for a while. I thought he was injured or had work commitments. He will always have a place our hearts as a great servant of the club and was there at our rebirth. It would be a nice gesture if we could dedicated one of our pre season friendlies to him.

Wishing Craig all the best.

Was shocked to hear crow has been allowed to walk away without even a thankyou for

his leadership and commitment to this club. As somebody has already said he came back

home after the king era and proved his worth over and over again.

So thanks crow for the memories especially the play off semi against Sudbury and that glorious

day when we won promotion and seeing you lift that trophy WHAT A DAY TO REMEMBER!!.

I wish you and your family good luck for the future and thank you for all your efforts and support

throughout the seasons.

remember ONCE A GULL ALWAYS A GULL !!!!!

Crow is a true Canvey legend and a great bloke.

Wishing Craig all the best for the future.

I think this post is a bit premature!!

The season is not over and the players presentation has not even been announced yet, let alone what is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well there goes our plans out the window, you cant do right for doing wrong!!

I hadn't been told officially that Crow had left, so haven't publicised accordingly.

If Wardy decides to hang his boots up, I like the idea of a Steve Ward XI v Craig Davidson XI during next pre-season as a joint testimonial.

He's been a great player for the club and an integral part of us successfully starting again at Ryman League level....all the best Craig!

Edited by The Great Eckscape

I hadn't been told officially that Crow had left, so haven't publicised accordingly.

If Wardy decides to hang his boots up, I like the idea of a Steve Ward XI v Craig Davidson XI during next pre-season as a joint testimonial.

He's been a great player for the club and an integral part of us successfully starting again at Ryman League level....all the best Craig!

I have not mentioned this posting to Crow and I watched over the weekend as he followed the CIFC game minute by minute on his smart phone

• 3 weeks later...

I think this post is a bit premature!!

The season is not over and the players presentation has not even been announced yet, let alone what is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well there goes our plans out the window, you cant do right for doing wrong!!

I see end of season party was a great evening??? any special awards or comments?????

more broken promises from the board!!!

I may be wrong,I understand plans were made but he was not there!!

The plans ? did they include an invite?

He may just have felt out of place having been ignored for so long previously

Mind you that is only my opinion

Not sure what this thread is about!

Crowe was a great servant to our club, who was always well paid, we will always hold a place in our heart for what he did for us, he is one of my personal heroes!

As he matured even though he was adored by us all he "considered the money was simply not enough of a reason to sit on the sidelines".

Younger players will always move us on!!!

No player was invited to the end of season BBQ, they were all expected!

Not sure what this thread is about!

Crowe was a great servant to our club, who was always well paid, we will always hold a place in our heart for what he did for us, he is one of my personal heroes!

As he matured even though he was adored by us all he "considered the money was simply not enough of a reason to sit on the sidelines".

Younger players will always move us on!!!

No player was invited to the end of season BBQ, they were all expected!

Funny! never heard Craig mention money

Ps Craig was not an "in training player " at season end

Good luck next season

I don't believe Craig's motivation would have been money at any stage. He loved (and I hope still loves) the club, and was probably disappointed that he was becoming not as involved as in previous seasons. I hope that an opportunity will open itself where Craig can be a part of the club once more in the future.

Edited by The Great Eckscape

Considering Craig came back to the club twice, (the second time being particularly important) and in total was on our books for nine seasons, I think it's a shame that a Testimonial couldn't be arranged even though he couldn't quite muster the usual ten seasons required to qualify.