Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

this season

This season is now over and i think missing out on the play offs on goal difference makes it a very good season i didnt expect to finish so high this year and would of been happy with this back in august we played good football and with a striker like james rowe would of challenged for the title, i didnt expect to lose to concord twice and not even score against them and get murdered at home by them but we finished the best team on canvey, though thinking back to april 25th it doesnt feel like that and the best essex team in the ryman prem, the expectation is there now and many will be expecting to finish in at least the play offs next season so the club have to fulfill that expectation and im sure they will, what worries me is that in the last programme fans were being asked to take out standing orders of £20 a month for new players does that mean we have no money and the likes of concord will be a step ahead of us next season.

This season is now over and i think missing out on the play offs on goal difference makes it a very good season i didnt expect to finish so high this year and would of been happy with this back in august we played good football and with a striker like james rowe would of challenged for the title, i didnt expect to lose to concord twice and not even score against them and get murdered at home by them but we finished the best team on canvey, though thinking back to april 25th it doesnt feel like that and the best essex team in the ryman prem, the expectation is there now and many will be expecting to finish in at least the play offs next season so the club have to fulfill that expectation and im sure they will, what worries me is that in the last programme fans were being asked to take out standing orders of £20 a month for new players does that mean we have no money and the likes of concord will be a step ahead of us next season.

As I understand it, the £20 a month standing order was an idea for the fans to help contribute. It wasn't a request from the club directly, it was aimed at building on something a group of supporters tried starting earlier this season.

I think it's meant to be something similar to this: http://www.cardstrust.co.uk/boost-the-budget/

That what wasn't what I wrote at all haynab66!

I suggested that as supporters we could get together to donate £20 a month (cash, I never mentioned standing orders at all!) to help top up the budget that John has to work with! The club didn't ask me to write that, it's something which I've wanted to get together for a while and thought it would be worth giving it a go for next season.

Imagine if for example 25 supporters did this - that would be £500 a month that we would be able to give to John to help us achieve our goals. After bringing in the likes of Heale, Easterford, Rhodes, Dumas, Game, and Alaile this season, I think John did fantastically well to get these players in the Canvey shirt, and if we can hold onto the current squad and add some quality then there's no reason why we can't compete.

Now I know how those celebs & politicians feel when they say the papers have twisted their words :D

That what wasn't what I wrote at all haynab66!

I suggested that as supporters we could get together to donate £20 a month (cash, I never mentioned standing orders at all!) to help top up the budget that John has to work with! The club didn't ask me to write that, it's something which I've wanted to get together for a while and thought it would be worth giving it a go for next season.

Imagine if for example 25 supporters did this - that would be £500 a month that we would be able to give to John to help us achieve our goals. After bringing in the likes of Heale, Easterford, Rhodes, Dumas, Game, and Alaile this season, I think John did fantastically well to get these players in the Canvey shirt, and if we can hold onto the current squad and add some quality then there's no reason why we can't compete.

Now I know how those celebs & politicians feel when they say the papers have twisted their words :D

sorry that obviously wasn't that what wasn't what you wrote, no twisting found a stick and got the wrong end of it

I knew nothing about it although it sounds a good idea, it is not something the board would ask for although they would encourage it.

I personally am very pleased that people outside the board are considering ways that we can take next step.