Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Echo Sport

Matt H

The Evening Echo website this afternoon has released an article stating that we have signed a new player, Kris Newby from East Thurrock.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/football/nonleague/9081110.Canvey_snap_up_goal_ace_Newby/

As the article states, Newby scored 28 goals from the right-wing last season and can also play up front, or just behind the strikers.

Also revealed in the article is the news that former Gull, Greg Cohen has been signed by East Thurrock so we will come up against him this season.

Great signing. Newby will give us an extra option on the right and allow Leon to play in his favoured position up front.

I don't know when the League is open to registrations, so we may not announce anything until forms have been lodged with Ryman HQ and he is declared by them to be an eligible Canvey player for the coming season. If this is the case I hope the Club also announce which players have stayed with the Club as well as those joining from elsewhere.

Kris is decent player, good addition for you lads. I think you were lacking a 'natural' right winger.

If he finds his feet at Ryman Prem level he'll do well.

Any truth in the rumour that Mooro has called it a day?

http://rymanleague.goalrun.com/leagues?league_news_item&id=2755708&lid=256&did=2102

Looks like Newby has changed his mind and gone to Thurrock now they've got a reprieve to stay in Conference South.

Shame, sounded a decent player.

Edited by YELLOW

All joking aside, Good news about Tony Stokes, hope it works out for him, wish him all the best from me..

cheesy%20%282%29.gif :brille008: dance%20%282%29.gif :waytogo: :excited: :bounce: :monkey: :icon29: :yay: :97:

http://rymanleague.g...id=256&did=2102

Looks like Newby has changed his mind and gone to Thurrock now they've got a reprieve to stay in Conference South.

Shame, sounded a decent player.

:wall:

Now you see the reason I didn't put it on the official site! As much as Kris agreed to sign for us, I don't announce anything until everything's been finalised, luckily so in this case.

Good luck to him though, I genuinly believe that his reason for choosing Thurrock over ourselves is because he wants to play in the highest league possible as he has said on Facebook, as he certainly isn't a money motivated player.