Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

From despair to where???

Bloodnock

The last game I saw was at Woking,a game of two halves,and the teams display in the 2nd half was certainly encouraging,and they got nothing from the game in the end,old news I know,but it kind of puts things into perspective for me as I haven't seen the team of late.

What a total revelation their display was at Hereford yesterday,total commitment from every player.

In the first half you could see the difference in fitness,Hereford were quicker to the ball,faster in their movements,the ball pinging around the midfield and Fleets goal area,and we were up against it but the sheer determination and team spirit shone through,and when we did break free,Rob Haworth was willing to work his butt off holding the ball up or threatening the Bulls defence,and both he and James Pinnock were a threat,the Hereford defence are not their strongpoint.

Their midfield and forwards on the other are certainly more potent,and in Parry they have as dangerous a winger(if such a thing exists today)as anyone in the league,and he was a constant threat,

Fleet's midfield were up to the task and matched the league leaders with their commitment,even when we lost McClements and needed to put Walshe into the left back position,Drury came on and provided the pass for Haworth to score.

Millers goal was a peach picking the ball up in midfield from maybe 20 or so yards out looked up and simply rifled it home,magnificent strike,not that they needed it but it was the kind of goal to lift any team.

In the end the pressure told, and we let in a pretty soft goal but in fairness Wilkerson had made a couple of blinding saves before.

The second half Hereford didn't seem quite as quick and threatening,and how Haworth was allowed the room to score his second

only the defence could explain,the Fleet defence hard pressed were bound to make errors,which led to the equalizer.

I must make a comment on the ref,though perhaps on second thoughts I have to be mindful of the laws of libel,suffice to say that Fleet were playing twelve men,the man was a liability he completely ignored any transgressions, fouls,diving, kicking the ball away,that Hereford commited,didn't even consider it worth a quiet talking to,where as his treatment of us was hardly even handed,just hope the assessor isn't the same.

I know this has been a long posting but i just felt so proud of the team when I left the ground I had to put it into words,and what handfull of Fleet supporters did attend made up for their lack of numbers by the noise of support they gave the team,and I think the boys acknowledged it,I feel very good about the prospects for the season now,and I hope my faith isn't misplaced.

From despair to where? just felt the old Manics song title fitted well

especially as they were playing so close to Wales.

well said Bloodnock, i was really glad that i made the effort to get on the coach and go to the match . Great battling performance from the players great support from those that made it to Hereford,

just shame about the short stumpy bloke wearing black in the middle.

Having just read George Sawkins in the N L P he forgot to mention that Hereford were playing with 12 men one was in black. I just hope Mr P Grove never darkens stonebridge road with his presence.