Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sat 6th Aug Score/updates/results

Post on teh Windsor forum about yesterday:

"We do need to be careful with our expectations for the season ahead, and an eye-opener in the first game is no bad thing, but it has to be said that was a bit of a disappointing display today.

South Park looked more organised and confident in possession and it would not have been an injustice if they had come away with a convincing victory, which, with better finishing they would surely have done.

We were obviously not helped with injuries but it was a very disjointed display with little cohesive passing. In fact we looked like a bunch of players who really didn't know each other very well which, I suppose, is exactly what we are right now.

Ryan O'Toole lookes very dangerous and, despite his tendency to hold onto the ball too long, can beat players with ease. I'm sure once he has settled in with a strike partner he will bag, and create, a hatful of goals in this league.

So, undefeated and things will surely get better but, although I don't know much / anything about the other teams in the CCL, I suspect we will be up top with South Park as the season progresses."

Thoughts? Anyone else go?

Think this sums up the game well, we would have taken a point before kick off but it felt like 2 points lost.

think that windsor report is pretty much spot on bomaya! park by far the better side. O'Toole was very dangerous, was the only player that troubled us, he will win them a few games this season on his own. we were gutted not to come away with 3 points, just couldnt get the winner. had a good penalty shout turned down late on as well. unless windsor improve i dont see them winning the league - based on that performance. decent ground and pitch though!

Spelthorne Sports 1-2 Westfield

Amongst all the bitching and moaning on here I’ve a positive post

We visited Spelthorne Sports yesterday for our opening league match. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. Pitch whilst not perfectly flat is very well maintained and is a decent playing surface. The changing rooms are sizeable and very clean. By far one of the best in the division. By kick off there was a decent crowd too

On the pitch the players very passionate and like their dug out very respectful too. First time I’ve ever gone to that neck of the woods and there hasn’t been a word said between each respective set of managers/coaches

Clubhouse- again one of the best in the CCL. Big spacious tidy. Loads of flat screen TV’s with sky. Sandwiches and Pasta. Friendly bar staff decent beer and some attractive sorts floating around J

With regards to the match as expected a confident Spelthorne side flew out the blocks. They are strong and experienced down the middle but very pacey out wide. Their right winger caused us all sorts of problems first half. We have some very quick lads but even they struggled to keep up with him at times. Very open first half with chances for both sides but Spelthorne opened the scoring 20 min in after we didn’t do our jobs on a set piece.

Second half we dug in and gradually got on top I guess it will take Spelthorne a few weeks to get used to the pace and fitness of sides at this level and how long they last for. Scored a fine equaliser 20 mins from time and then snatched a winner in the last min when their keeper came for a cross he was never going to get. Sports still had time to grab what looked like an equaliser deep into stoppage time but thankfully it was given offside.

A good victory for us and I think Spelthorne will be a very useful team this season. Overall they are welcome addition to our league and to all the ground hoppers on here I advise you to get down there at some stage this season

glad to see a good report for spelthorne. i think they will go well this year. i heard threw friends that watched the game, that it should of been a draw? as spelthorne player was onside

I was pretty close to it obviously and I was fairly sure he was offside. The lino was up with play and his flag went up immediately, and two locals behind the goal confirmed he was 'definitely offside'. Our players were also sure and the only person who seemed to put up a passionate defence was the scorer's father!

hi all,

i came and watched spelthorne for first time ever and thought the set up down there was great. i had a great day and definantly will be coming again.

just on that disallowed goal, i have to totally disagree with that last comment made, i was in line with the penalty box and the player that scored was definantly behind the ball when it was played across and the lino was 10yds behind play. anyway i thought both teams conducted thereselves well and hope they both have good seasons.

I'm pretty sure the guy that scored wasn't behind the ball when it was played and I'm certain the lino wasn't 10 yards behind play, mainly because he was no Usain Bolt and as soon as I looked round he was on the 6 yard line raising his flag!

9-2 was not fair reflection on the game Newby it should of been 15-2.

Trouble with you Bedfont Sports lot you take pre season to seriously, when your back from injury and realise your first team aren't good enough to go up, your put in your transfer request and come to Lammas reserves and try and nick and reserve league championship medal. Lol!

We visited Spelthorne Sports yesterday for our opening league match. We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival. Pitch whilst not perfectly flat is very well maintained and is a decent playing surface. The changing rooms are sizeable and very clean. By far one of the best in the division. By kick off there was a decent crowd too

On the pitch the players very passionate and like their dug out very respectful too. First time I’ve ever gone to that neck of the woods and there hasn’t been a word said between each respective set of managers/coaches

Clubhouse- again one of the best in the CCL. Big spacious tidy. Loads of flat screen TV’s with sky. Sandwiches and Pasta. Friendly bar staff decent beer and some attractive sorts floating around J

With regards to the match as expected a confident Spelthorne side flew out the blocks. They are strong and experienced down the middle but very pacey out wide. Their right winger caused us all sorts of problems first half. We have some very quick lads but even they struggled to keep up with him at times. Very open first half with chances for both sides but Spelthorne opened the scoring 20 min in after we didn’t do our jobs on a set piece.

Second half we dug in and gradually got on top I guess it will take Spelthorne a few weeks to get used to the pace and fitness of sides at this level and how long they last for. Scored a fine equaliser 20 mins from time and then snatched a winner in the last min when their keeper came for a cross he was never going to get. Sports still had time to grab what looked like an equaliser deep into stoppage time but thankfully it was given offside.

A good victory for us and I think Spelthorne will be a very useful team this season. Overall they are welcome addition to our league and to all the ground hoppers on here I advise you to get down there at some stage this season

glad to see a good report for spelthorne. i think they will go well this year. i heard threw friends that watched the game, that it should of been a draw? as spelthorne player was onside

I was pretty close to it obviously and I was fairly sure he was offside. The lino was up with play and his flag went up immediately, and two locals behind the goal confirmed he was 'definitely offside'. Our players were also sure and the only person who seemed to put up a passionate defence was the scorer's father!

hi all,

i came and watched spelthorne for first time ever and thought the set up down there was great. i had a great day and definantly will be coming again.

just on that disallowed goal, i have to totally disagree with that last comment made, i was in line with the penalty box and the player that scored was definantly behind the ball when it was played across and the lino was 10yds behind play. anyway i thought both teams conducted thereselves well and hope they both have good seasons.

I'm pretty sure the guy that scored wasn't behind the ball when it was played and I'm certain the lino wasn't 10 yards behind play, mainly because he was no Usain Bolt and as soon as I looked round he was on the 6 yard line raising his flag!

think we will have to agree to disagree. it has been noted your a westfield fan!!!!! haha. how do you think your boys will do this year?

Just seen the Guernsey goals. 1 miles offside and 2 awfull errors !! The right back set up 3 didn't he with a big hoof up the pitch !

He was onside. Due to the camera angle you couldn't see the 3 Knaphill defenders in a line playing him onside.

We also hit the bar twice and missed lots of other chances including 2 sitters.

where can i watch goals?

channelonlive. tv tigger. hardly worldly's though.

Also its on the BBC website, the BBCs footage is better. See link below. Is the BBC not worldly enough for you Smudge !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14416928.stm

Tucks i now have more respect for you as you really do say it as it is......... ;)

Thank You Mr Ryan.....................Ref was shi T though!! but we still deserved Sweet FA

i dont think the ref was sh it. A couple of odd decisons for both sides. Hartley's 11 should have been cautioned for trying to score well after the whistle went, but lucky he was thicked skinned. Another day the tall centre half could have walked the way he put his point across to the ref.

I donLt understand the Lammas bashing on here, not one of my favourite sides (that goes back to my frimley days) but a season is never won or lost on the result of the first game. I think it does Hartley some dis credit. They defended well and restricted Lammas to one shot on target. I think the fitness levels need to be improved for some of them as one or two seemed to be blowing by the end.

only bashing, for them bashing whitelaw, like many posters have all stuck up for whitelaw, cant state facts after 1 game.

Edited by Redrup No2

hi all,

think we will have to agree to disagree. it has been noted your a westfield fan!!!!! haha. how do you think your boys will do this year?

Westfield player, I was about as close as possible but am happy to agree to disagree. It's hard to tell, we look far more of a team than we did last year however I don't think you can get a real feel for it until 5 or so games in. I would like to think we'll finish no lower than 8th. Strong league though