Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

this forum

haynab66

i was just wondering if this is the current and best forum for CIFC as no one really posts on here and no one replies, we had a home game i couldnt make so i needed to know what the performance was like, 2 new signings and tonights game but nobody is posting, the hornchurch forum is very busy whilst this one seems to have died, for people who cant make away games this was a good place to get a good report of the game or maybe there is another forum

I found over the course of the last two seasons that this forum was virtually dead after a defeat as people didn't want to be seen as being too critical when voicing their views of the game.

Had we won on Saturday, I'm sure there would've been a bit of buzz about the place and whilst it's pretty obvious from the terraces what should've/could've been done to change things on Saturday, I refer to the sentence above, despite there being plenty of positives too.

I personally think that social media, Facebook in particular, has taken over from where the forum left off. A lot of conversation occurs on Facebook that would have normally gone on here. That's what I reckon anyway.

HaynaB66 - http://www.twitter.com/cifc is worth checking out for score updates etc.

Edited by The Great Eckscape

Its a shame but thats the way I see it as well, we used to have some very good banter on here from fans at all clubs, on FaceBook you only have banter with people you know, its not the same, isnt there some way of linking the sites so we can comment on posts??? Also, since the recent change to this site, it doesn't seem as easy to navigate to the conversations going on, before the change I could click on new content, its not as easy!!

You can share threads through Facebook by clicking on the Like button below as I have done. This now shows on my profile on Facebook. Seeing as you can log in with your Facebook account, I'm sure any threads that want to be discussed can be liked by multiple people and shared, etc.

Edit - Also I notice with the software update, the site is now more stable, I used to have issues accessing the forum via my iPad, but now it runs fine.

Edited by Matt H

Its a shame but thats the way I see it as well, we used to have some very good banter on here from fans at all clubs, on FaceBook you only have banter with people you know, its not the same, isnt there some way of linking the sites so we can comment on posts??? Also, since the recent change to this site, it doesn't seem as easy to navigate to the conversations going on, before the change I could click on new content, its not as easy!!

View New Content is actually far better now (the link is in the navigation above - or click http://www.nonleague.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

On the left you can 'filter by forum' - for example you can select forums in the Ryman league only - then when you click on 'View new content' that is what you will see.

Have a play it is very comprehensive.

Thanks Ian, I like the banter here on this site and would encourage others to follow suit! Maybe I was used to the old way, I will do as you say and see how I get on! What is Google +1, can you put a link up please?

I know you can't get broadband in your caravans but you can buy a pay as you go dongle now for any lap tops you pikeys may have stolen recently!!

Hope your ASBO supporters managed to get home before their curfew!!!! Also thought it was nice that you let their carers into the game :-)

One of the problems I and other ex forum users find is, what starts of as an interesting topic and useful comments descends into insults and unnecessary comments from other so called fans from other clubs. I accept that there will always be friendly banter, but some of the comments made go to far, but if you look at the topics that have been posted most of them have descended into insults. This is part of the reason why users are not using this forum.

I probably preferred the forum as it was, especially the new content column, but thats because people of a certain age don't much like change.

Disagree with yellowbellys comments about insults and unnecessary comments from supporters of other clubs though , because closed forums become incredibly boring and used mainly by backstabbers and brown nosed backslappers.

Have to agree with the plonker from romford I am afraid.

I think some (not all) canvey fans need to become a bit thicker skinned.Football is full of banter and p1sstakes from rival fans and canvey can dish it out as much as any other clubs fans,99% of the time its messing around as many of the fans know each other and back in the good old days all these forums were buzzing.I do however think that the canvey forum especially went downhill when one or two of your posters started on a personal crusade against the ex hornchurch chairman,which in hindsight,unless he had an axe to grind over some unfinished windows,was probably off putting for many