Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 1-2 Canvey Island

Ian_W

Really really pissed off with that result tonight.

We should of won that by at least 2 clear goals tonight but 2 ridiculous errors cost us dear.

If we have any aspirations of getting out of this league and after our performance tonight I believe we are better than canvey,who will be in the mix,we have to eradicate these mistakes.

Perhaps our goalie needs someone pushing him but exactly one year ago tonight we came back from Lowestoft with the same problem and it happened a few other times last season,it costs us dear,but the two mistakes tonight were about as bad as I have seen.We simply cannot afford 2 mistakes in a game like that.I understand goalies are human but it costs us

It was a game of missed chances for us. We took most of them at Cray and only one tonight.

We look a good side and when in front we had chances. Their first goal came at a bad time.

Despite the errors we still had chances to get a result at the end.

Lets keep behind the team and bounce back on Saturday.

at least darren didnt punch the wall this time, one of those things last nite another time the chances we created will be turned into goals so bring on horsham saturday and a much needed 3 points

well personally, i thought that darren threw some awesome shapes in the box last night. his hang time for his letter 'E' just before the equaliser was nothing short of spectacular.

we're 2 games into the season. canvey always seem to get one over on us, maybe they're our bogey side, maybe they were lucky or maybe they hate us more than we hate them, who knows. i don't think it's quite time to hit the panic button yet, let alone the new keeper button.

i think goalkeepers get a rough ride. a midfielder can make 10 errors during a game, but if he creates one or two chances, the mistakes are forgotten. same goes for strikers missing sitters all game but scoring a screamer in stoppage time to nick it one nil. a mistake by a goalkeeper (or a defender) is magnified so much more because it normally results in a goal. yes darren can improve, but you know he's working on it and he very rarely lets us down. i think we should all just chill and not panic about blowing our promotion chances when by my calendar, the month is august, not march.

While I agree it's too early to panic,clubs do not get promoted out of this league with a keeper who makes at least 7/8 ricketts per season coming for crosses,the error of judgment for the first goal was too poor and let's face it the last 12 months have seen more and more errors.

This isn't a personal witchhunt against Darren as I like him but it's something we must sort out,for me it's almost as if he is in a comfort zone,I think he needs to be pushed by a second keeper but unfortunatly funds are tight and with gates of 270 against our main rivals funds are not going to be readily available

Lets face it we cant do no better - he is a very very good keeper. yes he messed up yesterday and yes he has messed up in the last but tell me a keeper in nonleague who don't? If Darren didnt make these mistakes he would probably be at a conference club or higher thats the fine line between a very good keeper at this level and a good keeper at a conf team.

We lost yesterday by simply switching off - Betchet come for the first messed up but we were too slow to react on the second ball.

Canveys second goal came as we didnt close down their player quick enough. We wasnt all at the races yesterday but it was by no means a bad performance....just an unlucky one.

agree with most of the above look at last seasons home performance against horsham they were awful all season and played us off the park so thats a priority to get 3 points back saturday,in this division u sometimes win games u should'nt and lose games u should'nt canvey just a bogey side along with ricay at the mo

I know that it is a few days late, but one has been a tad busy.

After being absent from the bridge for a while, I was quite surprised with last night.

A settled squad and some good pre season results, an excellent start against cray, so bring on the ald enemy.

The first half was a display of a team trying to play football and the goal was well deserved with some good opportunites. A rather obvious preference from the ref, as to every foul by us was paced out for the full ten yards, whilst canvey could do what they wanted and i think that was repeated later on with the handbags a dawn in the second half, where the ref should really have been more decisive and sent someone off. The equaliser was soft, but considering that danny Heale was playing it was an excellently well taken poachers goal, yes! we could have done better.

The second half I felt we lost a lot in midfield and the game became predictable, and we conceeded another from a well taken goal by canvey from yes a mistake. We did however, hit the bar twice and had a goal disallowed. Yes I like others was disappointed, but it was nice to see the team trying to play football, I think we appeared tired and the two games in three days may have accounted for that. Horsham today, Cant wait!