Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Discrimination at school

The Education Minister in Hamburg wants to discriminate in favour of boys, because girls are doing better at school than boys are. He is talking about encouraging more men to teach in primary schools, and having more football and less gymnastics in the sport lessons. He also talks about having more practical subjects (like woodwork) at school. This seems to me to be lowering standards. Do people in charge of education in Britain also have ridiculous ideas like these?

I thought that the reason girls outperformed boys was because they have a longer attention span. In the UK, a school tried different teaching patterns, changing the teaching style more often in each lesson and having shorter lessons, and found the gap was closing. And boys apparently still outperform girls in Physics, so the Germans had better stop teaching this sexist subject as well.

Did you know Kids cannot be expleled from school for constantly telling the teacher to f&&k off.

Our glorious lesbisn lefty loonies, who make the rules these days, have decided it is just it is just the kids expressing themselves, an we should encourage more openess in schools.

What is happening to our society? Hooligan parents are breeding hooligan kids. I was listing to James Wale the other night and he had it about right. He reckoned that all blokes should be forced to have a vacectomy at birth. Then when they becoem adults they have to prove to society that they are fit to be parents before the operation is reversed.

Crap parents are making crap kids and Blair is doing nothing.

You know, a bloke I work with was riding his bike home the other night when some yobbo kids set a "trip wire" trap for him, He finshed up knocked out, teeth missing, in hospital, off work, and throughly p&&sed off because of these little yobs. We should have the right to lawfully go and kick sh%t out of these kids, cause the law aint gonna do it for us. Whatever happened to the good old "clip round the ear" Probably stopped about the sam time as the word Gay changed it's meaning.

I suppose a few of you lefty types will say I am out of order, but if it's gonna restore law and order(which has come about as a result of the softly softley approach)then I dont care.

If we don't do something, where will our society be in another 10 years.

Love your posting but would choose my own version of "political correctness"

The entire issue is respect and loss of respect

It started with teachers attending school in roll neck jumpers and lacking most other levels of professionalism (not all just the pink loony left brigade)

The race downhill progressed at an alarming rate locating policeman in panda cars which is the last any of them saw of patrolling and knowing your community

All this produced todays parents and the group of them that are pure and simple pond life, we now discuss their children and the total lack of respect which has moved on with the added ingredient of soft and hard drugs to where OAPs are attacked with impunity (for a pittance) and sometimes where the OAP are women they are raped as well

How are we adapting to this change in our society? we study the aggressor not the victim, we jail the robbed and show mercy to the robber

Where poverty is stated to be the cause of disfunction we press in major numbers of illegal immigrants and other strays who are unable to spell "indigenous community" or respect

ps In my youth poverty was seen as the great motivator to work hard and improve your lot

The government should be focused on bringing back respect and the discpline required to maintain respect, some chance when our top politicians/some teachers and many policeman show little or none themselves

All points rraised so far are valid. There are two sides to this little chestnut.

1) Society in general is lacking in respect. As a child I was s*** scared of coppers but now kids just mouth off at them. I was terrified of the cane and it was a bloody good deterant when I was at school. however, respect does earn repaect and teachers these days are often too slovenly and lack discipline themselves. The buck doesn't stop with parents but they also need to be more prepared to discipline their kids properly.

2) However, we cannot just exclude any naughty kids from schools. SOme head teachers are using exclusions (some temporary and some permanent) to make life easy from themselves. I know of one incidence where a child was excluded for hitting another child on the bus but in his school uniform. What was missed was that the child that got hit was racially abusing his assailant. violence is not the answer to racial abuse but we must remember that these are kids and not adults. There is also an increasing number of children being excluded who have special educational needs that are often left undiagnosed. Conditions such as dyslexia and dyspraxia can lead to frustration that can lead to violence if they are not helped properly. Some kids with AD(H)D end up being excluded as problem children when the problem is their condition. In short, exclusion should always be a last resort. After all, when a child is excluded it is society that has failed that child and they end up with no educaiton and often their misdemeanours escalate into major crime as adults.

Off the soapbox now and back to work!

Quote:
People in charge of education in the UK have no ideas at present!

Remove 'of education' and 'at present' from this sentence and you're spot on.

Other than that I agree, the little shits that pass of for youth these days generally deserve a good clip round their ear. If that doesn't work, a boot up the backside.

I blame not a single child they are the result of the society we have allowed to exist

Catch a glance at some of the response from people on this forum who are only inches away from childhood and it becomes obvious they have no experience of a society where respect was the by-word not a hidden untried factor

The inmates have become the leaders and until we gain leaders with actual as opposed to promised strength of character we will not halt the destruction of the "British character"

Forget the party concerned but we now experience a situation where a PM is a proven liar (in a war situation!!that killed thousands) but his party is afraid to sack him in case they lose power

forget the party just consider the utter lack of respect, integrity and contempt for our society I.E No respect

I am in agreement with you. Even though I agreed with the war I never agreed with Blair's motives and his reasons for going to war. He is a liar and should be removed. BUT, who could take over. The lib dems want to hand power to Europe and the Tories are total crap.

Some good debate, I think poor old Urchino thinks anyone approaching the issue with common sense is some sort of right wing dictator.

There is one man in the Tory party who has the b&lls to make things happen, and that is Andrew Rossindell.

One of the problems is that a few years back we thought the libs might become a middle of the road sensible party, however they are now more namby pamby than Labour.

I think you generalise WAY to much,the vast majority of "the youth of today" still respect elders,respect policemen etc. It's the minority that is causing this trouble and you are tarring us with the same brush.

Am i not right in thinking this has been a problem for years and years,going back to the mods and rockers,the hippies etc etc,kids always annoy their elders and do things wrong,that's what kids do. I've seen plenty of posts on this forum about things that you lot have done in your youth and they're not really any different from what we do today.

I agree to an extent that there is a problem,you see kids in huge groups with they're trousers over their socks,caps at 45degrees etc,on their own these are decent enough kids but you put them in groups and they're trouble..

Anways,i've wasted enough time with this post which will no doubt just be ripped to pieces and will have got me nowhere,now back to my homework like a good little boy.....

No Urchino doesn't think everyone is a right winger Boroman but i just agree with Fleet Boy you genrealise about youth, and come to think about it alot of things way too much

I have alot of pride in saying that i have heckled Mr Rosendell at many a meeting, the guy will never get a high place in a Tory government. He is to extreme for even them he had two meetings in 2002 alone with the Forza party (the Italian Nazi party grown by Mussolini and the same one who were warned by the Nutter Belursconi). He is a Middle class loving populist who will jump on any Daily Mail bandwagon, the guy should be in the British National (Nazi) Party after his links in the past.

If the Tories would have selected Kenneth Clarke or Portillo then they would be in power now. They can't run their god damn party nevermind this country.

Quote:
urchino Vr23 said:
He is to extreme for even them he had two meetings in 2002 alone with the Forza party (the Italian Nazi party grown by Mussolini and the same one who were warned by the Nutter Belursconi).

The party grown by Mussolini is the Alleanza Nazionale, which is in coalition with Forza Italia. So did he have meetings with Forza Italia or with the Alleanza Nazionale?

I have never said that all the youth of today are yobbos, just that there is an increasing lack of respect brought on by a lack of vechile for dicipline. I accept through out the ages we have had mods, rockers etc, but they never beat up old ladies.

As for these meetings that Rosindell has attended, he may have been there out of process not choice, anyway look at some of the terrorist scumbags your glorious labourites have met up with.

The bottom line, is that like it or not, we do have a serious law and order problem in this country, far outweighing what has gone in the past, and I don't personally belive we are going to solve it by pussy footing around listening to social worker types who can't even protect young kids from being battered to death by probelm parents.

Quote:
but they never beat up old ladies.

Rose-tinted glasses? Good ol' days?

Maybe the crimes just weren't reported as they are today. Probably wasn't around at the time you are referring to, but everyone looks back to their youth with fondness and tend to ignore certain aspects of it. Take my Nan as a good example of this. On Sunday she stated that it was getting darker earlier than it used to (as in this time of year but numerous years ago, not last month).

Agree with the fact that children these days do seem far less respectful. When I was young(er) I was taught manners and the difference between right and wrong. I was scared to do wrong, not necessarily because of dodgy consequencies but because I might have made my parent/teachers etc disappointed. It seems many little darlings these days don't care and there is very little people can/are allowed/want to do to change this.