Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

i think we need a new striker

mr c gull

I think we all hoped before the start of the season that this would be here Jason Hallett came into things, but with his suspension and now injury this hasn't really happened. I agree that we don't look as dangerous as we should up front, and depending on how long Jason is out, I wonder if a new striker will be sought out.

we all said at the end of last season that we needed a striker and if james rowe had stayed we could of got in the play offs at least, there is no new striker and jason was with us all last season and the forwards are the same so we could struggle for goals again we are hard to beat but we find it hard to win those close games that could take us higher because of the lack of a goal scorer a 20 a year one we cant always rely on penalties, the 4 home games so far have been hard work to watch and someone said last night the team needs time to gel, but apart from 2 players its the same team, its been a good start to the season but at home its been a struggle and the gates are going to drop if the home games dont improve

Hang on a minute .... did we not just let one go?!

Am I right in thinking he was with us since he was 6? Did everything we asked of him had a successful loan spell and still never got more than 5 minutes on the pitch?!

We never gave him a chance and so we will never how good he was. We seem to be very afraid of bringing in young players... fit strong hungry players that could be what this club needs. I hope we are not proved to have made a terrible mistake.....

Hang on a minute .... did we not just let one go?!

Am I right in thinking he was with us since he was 6? Did everything we asked of him had a successful loan spell and still never got more than 5 minutes on the pitch?!

We never gave him a chance and so we will never how good he was. We seem to be very afraid of bringing in young players... fit strong hungry players that could be what this club needs. I hope we are not proved to have made a terrible mistake.....

i think we let 2 go

Problem is, 20 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. Most are currently with clubs and those who are available would probably want too much.

We need to find a player who is better than what we currently have otherwise it's just a waste of time and money.

Without a club at the moment as far as I'm aware.

To put it simply, we currently have no "Boylan" to accompany our "Gregory".

Boylan and Gregory was such a lethal partnership that it stuck out like a sore thumb when one was missing. Each would not have been so effective if the other was not present, no matter who you used to fill the void; Tait, Ibe, McDougald, Brayley, Berquez... (We also had a forward who could win balls in the air back then too!)

None of our current forwards presently appear to be able to last a full game, but are sometimes forced to play on empty. It appears to me sometimes that we're afraid to use our subs until the final five minutes where the majority of the time, the change will prove to be ineffective. I think this is what gets some fans' backs up and in Ellis' case, some players too in that too often the changes required come too late in the game and don't prove worthwhile.

Last night was a perfect example. Curran really should have come on ten minutes earlier than he did, and when he eventually did come on he spent the majority of the time playing out wide! I do not see the logic behind that move, when he was the only recognised striker on the bench and Gonella, (a winger) seemed very central as if doing Heale's role.

• 2 weeks later...

In agreement with most of the above, we do need a goal poacher if we are to stand any chance of the playoffs. It would also help if Danny Heale could do two things, pull his weight in regards to working hard as he seems unable to get around the pitch for 60 minutes let alone a full 90. Perhaps the management team could work on his fitness. Also he scored a great hat trick last week, however, with the amount of shots he had he should have got a triple hat trick!!!!! It must be so frustrating for his team mates with Heales lack of passing in the final third

Good to see Leon Gordon getting back to fitness as well, we could do with him hitting some top form in the run up to Xmas.

On a sad note, a shame to see Ellis Skidmore released. Never really given a chance and a decent run in the team to show what he was capable of.

Up the Gulls

In agreement with most of the above, we do need a goal poacher if we are to stand any chance of the playoffs. It would also help if Danny Heale could do two things, pull his weight in regards to working hard as he seems unable to get around the pitch for 60 minutes let alone a full 90. Perhaps the management team could work on his fitness. Also he scored a grealt hat trick last week, however, with the amount of shots he had he should have got a triple hat trick!!!!! It must be

so frustrating for his team mates with Heales lack of passing in the final third

Good to see Leon Gordon getting back to fitness as well, we could do with him hitting some top form in the run up to Xmas.

On a sad note, a shame to see Ellis Skidmore released. Never really given a chance and a decent run in the team to show what he was capable of.

Up the Gulls

Lack of passing in the final third, what game do you watch as he is good at bringing others into play as I have seen for a long while, he holds the ball well and sometimes the lack of support for Dan must frustrate him but does he ever give up!! Never, what we need is an out & out poacher in the mould of Rowe to feed of Dans balls (he will love that!!!) and run into the channels that are open!!

The Ellis era is now over and however good he was could he be the man to poach those goals, I don't think so and unfortunately he was too similar to Healesy!

This kind of in fighting is just the thing that will ruin this club, don't let's give the likes of UM and his chronies the chance to slaughter us by doing it ourselves, we are meant to be supporters, the clue is in the name!!!

In agreement with most of the above, we do need a goal poacher if we are to stand any chance of the playoffs. It would also help if Danny Heale could do two things, pull his weight in regards to working hard as he seems unable to get around the pitch for 60 minutes let alone a full 90. Perhaps the management team could work on his fitness. Also he scored a grealt hat trick last week, however, with the amount of shots he had he should have got a triple hat trick!!!!! It must be

so frustrating for his team mates with Heales lack of passing in the final third

Up the Gulls

Lack of passing in the final third, what game do you watch as he is good at bringing others into play as I have seen for a long while, he holds the ball well and sometimes the lack of support for Dan must frustrate him but does he ever give up!! Never, what we need is an out & out poacher in the mould of Rowe to feed of Dans balls (he will love that!!!) and run into the channels that are open!!

The Ellis era is now over and however good he was could he be the man to poach those goals, I don't think so and unfortunately he was too similar to Healesy!

This kind of in fighting is just the thing that will ruin this club, don't let's give the likes of UM and his chronies the chance to slaughter us by doing it ourselves, we are meant to be supporters, the clue is in the name!!!

Couldn't have said this any better. I was worried for a second I'd been watching a different team play to the one mellowyellow is talking about!!

Danny is never gonna be a player who will run endlessly for the 90 minutes - we all know this even before we signed him. What he does is bring other elements to our game which we lacked before his arrival, and just looked at our performances as a team with him as virtually an ever-present.

Another Heale winner for us again today!

how this post went from " i think we need a new striker " which everyone seems to be in agreement with to a debate about danny heale who has an excellent football brain and awareness and probably would agree about the striker, i dont know, we have the best defence in the league presently won 6 out of 8 but that old chestnut about the 20 a season scorer will keep raising its head because i think if we had one we would walk this league and why have concord started so badly i had them down as play off contenders, as much as i would love to beat them i want them in this league we are not getting 1300 against any one else