Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC Hornchurch 1-3 Concord Rangers - FA Cup

Ian_W

I know we can't win the game for the team but to be honest I found it hard to stand on the eastside Saturday,so much so that I didn't bother second half.Not once until we scored did we get behind the team,instead choosing to barrack Dale Brightly for 45 minutes,to the extent we were asking him if we could have madeline mcann back,is this really necessary?? Did it help our cause,no not in the slightest,with that and the constant barrage of abuse the officials got just for the sake of it,it's no surprise we are out of the cup.It just seemed to me that there was too many people who couldn't give a fck whether we are out the Fa cup or not as long as they had a good time.

I know we can't win the game for the team but to be honest I found it hard to stand on the eastside Saturday,so much so that I didn't bother second half.Not once until we scored did we get behind the team,instead choosing to barrack Dale Brightly for 45 minutes,to the extent we were asking him if we could have madeline mcann back,is this really necessary?? Did it help our cause,no not in the slightest,with that and the constant barrage of abuse the officials got just for the sake of it,it's no surprise we are out of the cup.It just seemed to me that there was too many people who couldn't give a fck whether we are out the Fa cup or not as long as they had a good time.

Tell you what mate, that sounds exactly like our home match with Concord last season and all it does is makes Concord stronger and gives them the incentive to play better.

Was disappointed that Hornchurch wasnt getting much support on Saturday. But not as disappointed for not gettting through to the next round!

The stuff about Dale, ok, was funny for 5 minutes but not for a whole 90 minutes.

Time to move on from the whole FA Cup thing for this season, and get back behind the club and the team on Saturday when we are at home against Wealdstone!!

I am all for giving a bit of abuse to cconcord,Canvey,ricay,romturd or whoever may deserve it but when it takes over from supporting our own team then it's too much.Another thing which many of us myself included must stop is constant foul language,mainly the word c**t.

I understand that not everyone can keep a check on their language all the time and when the ref makes a howler or an opposing player scythes down one of our own we all lose it a bit but the last few weeks it seems to have crept in and in some cases certain people are constantly using the word and we are getting warnings from the club and complaints from other teams officials,hence why we have decided to move down a bit.Swearing will always be a part of the game due to the nature of the sport but some of it is unneccesary and we (some of us) are more responsible than others.

On a plus note it looks like we won't lose any Saturday fixtures due to the Fa cup defeat as our next three opponents on days when the Fa cup is scheduled are all out,wingate Saturday week kingstonian home two weeks later and Lewes two weeks after that .

I fancy an early one down to Lewes so may get the train down and go on a pub crawl around the nice town

Edited by Eastside Urchin

I might take you up on that Arburjis

On a plus note it looks like we won't lose any Saturday fixtures due to the Fa cup defeat as our next three opponents on days when the Fa cup is scheduled are all out,wingate Saturday week kingstonian home two weeks later and Lewes two weeks after that .

I

I've noticed the Ryman league have started scheduling fixtures on the weekends of the FA Cup 2nd qualifying round plus Trophy 2nd Qualifying, something they've not done before in the past.

Couldn't agree more.I said to him before the game that he would get some stick and some from me but not to that level,the bloke played over 150 games for us including games like Weymouth,think he deserves a little more respect than we give him.We used to be noted for the respect we gave our ex players,it's not as if Dale chose to leave us for concord