Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buzzards

Out riding my bike this morning - spotted two beautiful buzzards circling quite low over the same spot that I have seen both buzzards and red kites before- a field beside the railway where the Watton at Stone bypass joins up with the old road on the Stevenage side. Beautiful markings under the wings - I had to stop and admire them!

Until the last couple of years, i had only ever seen buzzards in Devon and the Scottish Highlands. It's great to see them locally! I've also seen several green woodpeckers while out on my bike this week. It's a great way of seeing birds, often when you've flushed them out of hedges etc when cycling past.

• 5 months later...

Out on my bike on Wednesday heard a buzzard cry from some woods, then saw one circling over a nearby field - near Widford. Just before that saw a red kite circling only 30ft above my head! By the time I'd got my phone into camera mode, the kite had swooped too far away for a pic! First sighting for me at this location.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Rob. Only just seen this.

No, Widford near Ware in Herts.