Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Aveley

Yellowbelly

Last night I thought we were lucky to win. The team had some regular first teamers missing with Morro, Foster and Kerrigan playing.

In the first half we did look a threat, but again that was mostly because of Jason fighting for everything although I think Jason would prefer the ball at waist height or on the ground than the long ball tactics we use. In the second half we proved how we struggle to score when Jason went off. We seemed to hang on although we did defend extremely well and Aveleys finishing was poor, we lacked any real threat up front. At least we got through which is more than the mob down the road did.

Come on you YELLOWS

It was good not only to go through, but to do so using a few squad players.

The decision to let Aveley score in the 93rd minute so that we could win on penalties was inspired, as was the decision for Kingy to miss our first penalty to make things interesting! All about the entertainment!! :D

Last night I thought we were lucky to win. The team had some regular first teamers missing with Morro, Foster and Kerrigan playing.

In the first half we did look a threat, but again that was mostly because of Jason fighting for everything although I think Jason would prefer the ball at waist height or on the ground than the long ball tactics we use. In the second half we proved how we struggle to score when Jason went off. We seemed to hang on although we did defend extremely well and Aveleys finishing was poor, we lacked any real threat up front. At least we got through which is more than the mob down the road did.

Come on you YELLOWS

I think the long ball tactic was used last night because everytime we did it, Aveley couldn't cope. We were through on goal at least 3 times from a ball over the top - if it wasn't for some strange offside flagging from the linesman, we may well have scored more!

I wouldn't criticise the team at all, it was only a squad team we put out after all... Russell, Easterford, Rhodes, Heale (until second half), Dobinson, Game - all not playing last night!