Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Trophy - the next round...

Swifty

I regard this as a favourable draw for us (although I am sure Chertsey will say the same thing).

It may not be the glammer tie that everyone wanted, but for me, progression in this competition is the key for the team and the club and this tie ticks all the boxes for that.

I am buzzing for it already, but more important is the support we had on Saturday, which was superb seeing 25 fans behind the goal supporting the lads, is seen again this Saturday against Daventry in what is just as important a game!

No disrespect meant to Chertsey Town. It's just that I always find it disappointing when you're drawn against a local team you've played several times before and/or a team from the same division. At least there should be a good away following and a decent atmosphere seeing as it's a local derby.

No disrespect meant to Chertsey Town. It's just that I always find it disappointing when you're drawn against a local team you've played several times before and/or a team from the same division. At least there should be a good away following and a decent atmosphere seeing as it's a local derby.

Same sentiments from us, nice to get a "new" team to play but its all in the luck of the draw! ;)

Agree with the previous posts, and as a fan, particularly Swifty's.

If we play as we can, we can realistically look forward to progressing and earning more prize money. I can't help feeling that an away local tie is scant reward for a future midweek away match at the distant St Neots Town, but what the hell. Points in the league are what we want right now - pretty football or winning ugly, who cares? However, I am sure the FAT prize fund is one that we will want to tap into as long as possible.

BTW, i hear that Lammas' attendance at Short Lane against Guernsey this Weds may be swollen by several interested onlookers from Bedfont Sports, prior to their fixture in the Channel Islands on saturday, with a certain Mr Le Tissier rumoured hoping to be present.

I agree Guru its a winnable game and we can look forward to a good atmosphere. Its just that you dont get the new ground to visit or test ourselves against higher opposition. At least its a local derby and not away to Bigglesbollx or such like

Mr Le Tissier?....... who's that?

Dan -

sorry. You probably know the hamphire / SKYtv isleworth based chap as "Le God", rather than his brother Mark who is directly associated with Guernsey.

Let me know if you need an intro to Le God and I'll pray for you to live the dream.

I see the U18s are at Bedfont Town on Wednesday evening. Difficult choice for me (re Lammas v Guernsey at Short Lane) as a lazy Bedfont so'n'so, but feel I might do some scrumping at The Orchard, and hope to witness some budding ATFC apples in my eye. Ho, ho, ho.

Yeah agree with all the above, the draw in this round isn't too glamourous all round though, as it is still only up to Ryman and Southern Prem, it's the next round that we all want to be in...

It also brings in the dynamic of are we underdogs or favouirtes for the Chertsey game? Let the debate begin!

Keith - Youth team at home tonight in League Cup, but quite a few will be involved on Wednesday at Bedfont.

Do we reckon Lee Hendrie will make an appearence for Daventry on Saturday? Another ex international to grace the hallowed turf of Short Lane ;)

Chaps - thanks for correcting me on which team is playing at Bedfont. I still might go along as its ages since I saw one of our other teams play and its only a 20 minute walk from home.

As for Saturday - didn't know that Lee Hendrie played for Daventry - I thought he would be playing at a higher league level. He was a decent pro and can probably still be a real threat.

I, for one, am delighted with the draw, given that I usually have the BamBeano in tow on a Saturday.

Not only is Chertsey doable by train with Lilly and all her kit, but I have family there so we can have a day out and catch up with them.

I'm very happy with that!