Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

DAVENTRY

Will be back for this game, hoping the lads can get 3 points B)

Edited by kevchenko

A rather disappointing 2-1 defeat against a well organised Daventry side with a very good goalkeeper....

We could have gone in 2 or 3 down at H.T. a couple of woeful efforts put wide from close range and the post rattled.. Our only real attempt a long range Bits effort that the keeper did well do leap to the top corner and push wide...

Daventry scored from a free kick that was not very well taken but deflected into the path of one of their players who slotted left footed past Macca on 50 mins... 2-0 down on 66 mins we were looking out of it but Jack Mulllen pulled a goal back on 69 mins and prior to the Daventry keeper had made a brilliant save from Pietro somehow getting in the way of a close range shot and pushing it over...

I think the referee had "stars in his eyes" when Lee Hendrie should have been booked in the 2nd half for a blatant foul...

To be honest we never really got doing today by-passing the midfield with far too many long balls over played with the blustery wind that picked up at out backs in the second half... I thought young Jack Mullen had an outstanding game and was my M.O.M. We missed Dan Brown up front and hopefully will now be back from holiday to lead the line with Bits...

Edited by kevchenko

The first half was forgettable, the second half much better and I thought we probably deserved a draw. Jack had a fine game indeed, and his goal was a corker, but I'd also like to mention Sammy Kazi, who didn't put a foot wrong in defence and bolted up the pitch a couple of times, such was his eagerness to score or get involved in their box.

A couple of shocking non-decisions by the ref and the disinterested lino, not least a blatant handball in the Daventry box, but we can't rely on officials, we need to make and take chances - we made them but didn't quite reap the rewards. We had a very young team up against an experienced and accomplished Daventry side and looked a bit overawed at times. Again, I was impressed with the quality of the 'oppo', Overall, the standard's improved on last season in my view.

I'm worried that we're showing relegation form (six points from nine games) although the spirit's definitely there within the side. The main postive was that, at two down, the lads rolled their sleeves up and gave it a go. When we went two down last season a few of the team just shrugged, blamed each other or switched off.

Edited by Swifty