Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Guernsey Fail to impress

vrfc196

Having watched a lot of Div 1 and Prem games this season, I can say the difference is quite substantial.

Having said that, Guernsey have to step up to the mark, AND keep the pennies rolling in.

the difference is substantial from prem to div 1 when both rotate at cup games weve rotated in all our cup games an were out of them all barring the game at home th harefield tonight niot sure what cup it is.......................its harder for the rotated team to gel i think then putting in a bad performance as they hav3ent played together much

I don't think it will be a stroll in the park like many Guernsey fans believe, i maintain if they do go up from the CCL Prem it will be after at least 2 seasons in the Premier League.

And they will need to bring more players in , and i mean from the UK not home grown.

Agree VRFC196, took AFC Wimbledon two seasons and we are not or ver likely to be at their level!

still only a point in the title race if we win all our games not writing off hartley, wars also on a very good run, lammas old champions elect still be there not a stroll this year either long way to go

Agree VRFC196, took AFC Wimbledon two seasons and we are not or ver likely to be at their level!

It took them 2 seasons and several changes of personnel to get out of the CCL - It then took virtually a whole new squad each season to progress further up the ladder - TRS is your man for the facts

I spent a lot of last season on here ranting about this, that and the other but this time round I have decided to say at little as possible. As an Egham Town nut I am pleased that people are saying nice things about us, which is testament to John Hamsher, Wayne Noad and Colin Bartholomew and the almost total rehash of the squad in the close season. We have some bloody good players and on our day we can turn sides over (Cove, Chessington & Hook) but we will not be taking Guernsey lightly. I have seen Guernsey this season, on the occasion of their first visit to Spelthorne Sports, and on a horrible day of driving wind and pouring rain I was not impressed with either side, but the conditions would have tested any sides. We are top because we have more points so far than anyone else; we are not claiming to be the best side in the CCL. By the time we get to play Guernsey the weather will be awful and some sides will find that hard to cope with. Croydon have a poster who thought we turned up expecting to win; I can't see that John Hamsher would allow that. As far as postings from me go, I will take a leaf from John's book - to call him taciturn would be an understatement.

Not sure why you want to know but it is Cove at home.

Just thinking about whether there'd be a thought to resting players for the cup game.

Talk about resting players, Guernsey rest Allen all beit on the bench and Guernsey getting spanked by Cobham, Id like to see Guernsey Donkey make the excuses for this one, unless they pull it out the bag in which case ........Do'h.

Not sure why you want to know but it is Cove at home.

Just thinking about whether there'd be a thought to resting players for the cup game.

Talk about resting players, Guernsey rest Allen all beit on the bench and Guernsey getting spanked by Cobham, Id like to see Guernsey Donkey make the excuses for this one, unless they pull it out the bag in which case ........Do'h.

I wasn't at the game so I can't comment on it. Only those who saw the game can comment.

When we last lost against Spelthorne I started a thread saying WELL DONE SPELTHORNE, so to say I make excuse's for defeats is hugely inaccurate.

I am obviously dissapointed as will be the team and management at this result.

I wouldn't call 3-2 a spanking though !

Guernsey do have a problem with players unavailability for away fixtures. Tardif our keeper never travels midweek...