Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

v Hendon

Yellowbelly

Another lacklustre performance. Players out of position, players who should be playing were either on the bench or not even in the squad. Not one shot in the second half. Don't know what else to say!!!

I can't comment much because I've missed the last two matches but we desperately need a cutting edge up front if we are to make the play offs.

Defensively we look reasonably OK but we don't seem to be able to break defences down. I think we've missed Rhodesy badly in the last month or so as he offers us something different and is capable of unlocking tight defences with a moment of magic.

It was difficult to watch on Saturday bearing in mind how disjointed we looked. There's a number of issues that just aren't getting resolved at the moment, and if we're not careful this season could just fade away, which after the progress we made last season would be a terrible shame. The points I think are contributing to our form at the moment are....

- Kevin Dobinson is playing as well as I can remember and has in my opinion been our best player this season. However, is the fact that he is only available on Saturday's making our team selection inconsistent, and therefore confusing matters. I'm sure the reason that he is playing so well is due to the rest he has been getting midweek, but I think not being able to name the same starting XI on a Saturday/Tuesday is not ideal.

- We have resorted to playing too much long ball, which for a club that has prided itself on playing good football is not acceptable in my books. Sure, there is a time and a place for such tactics, but we seem to be implementing them week in, week out. We have got some very good footballers, especially in midfield, so why we choose to miss them out is beyond me.

- Too many round pegs in square holes at the moment, with some players not sure if they're a left winger, right winger, or striker. Why don't we decide on where a player's most effective position is and let them concentrate on playing there instead of making them play somewhere else every other match?

- We look as though we need to freshen things up in the striking department, and with this in mind why is Kyle Asante getting such little playing time? He scored plenty of goals in a struggling Concord side, so with a run of games who is to say he wouldn't do the same for us? Jason doesn't look anywhere near the player he did a few weeks back like in the 4-0 win against Hendon, and Danny Heale looks like he is still being run into the ground.

Let's hope we get ourselves sorted and back playing well sooner rather than later, and as we've already learnt, there's a big difference between playing well and winning games.

It was difficult to watch on Saturday bearing in mind how disjointed we looked. There's a number of issues that just aren't getting resolved at the moment, and if we're not careful this season could just fade away, which after the progress we made last season would be a terrible shame. The points I think are contributing to our form at the moment are....

- Kevin Dobinson is playing as well as I can remember and has in my opinion been our best player this season. However, is the fact that he is only available on Saturday's making our team selection inconsistent, and therefore confusing matters. I'm sure the reason that he is playing so well is due to the rest he has been getting midweek, but I think not being able to name the same starting XI on a Saturday/Tuesday is not ideal.

- We have resorted to playing too much long ball, which for a club that has prided itself on playing good football is not acceptable in my books. Sure, there is a time and a place for such tactics, but we seem to be implementing them week in, week out. We have got some very good footballers, especially in midfield, so why we choose to miss them out is beyond me.

- Too many round pegs in square holes at the moment, with some players not sure if they're a left winger, right winger, or striker. Why don't we decide on where a player's most effective position is and let them concentrate on playing there instead of making them play somewhere else every other match?

- We look as though we need to freshen things up in the striking department, and with this in mind why is Kyle Asante getting such little playing time? He scored plenty of goals in a struggling Concord side, so with a run of games who is to say he wouldn't do the same for us? Jason doesn't look anywhere near the player he did a few weeks back like in the 4-0 win against Hendon, and Danny Heale looks like he is still being run into the ground.

Let's hope we get ourselves sorted and back playing well sooner rather than later, and as we've already learnt, there's a big difference between playing well and winning games.

Couldn't agree more, well said TGE