Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chertsey Caretaker Manager

I believe this afternoon Matt Paterson will be announced as Chertsey's Caretaker Manager. Got one hell of a job trying to at least get a team out for Saturday! Which is St Neots away by the way!

Matt is apparently happy to help, as he knows the club well, while they look for a permanant manager.

Have no confirmation but we are led to believe, Phil Page, Dan Bennett, Oli Treacher, Ian Selley, Troy Ferguson, Andy Crossley, Eddie Smith, Miles Smith and Koo are going to Farnborough with Spencer.

I believe this afternoon Matt Paterson will be announced as Chertsey's Caretaker Manager. Got one hell of a job trying to at least get a team out for Saturday! Which is St Neots away by the way!

Matt is apparently happy to help, as he knows the club well, while they look for a permanant manager.

Have no confirmation but we are led to believe, Phil Page, Dan Bennett, Oli Treacher, Ian Selley, Troy Ferguson, Andy Crossley, Eddie Smith, Miles Smith and Koo are going to Farnborough with Spencer.

CF sorry I can't see any defenders going to Farnboro' as Chertsey are leaking goals like no business in the Southern League Div. 1 so can you imagine what would happen in the Conference .............lol !!!

Time to think seriously !

pretty sure that farnborough can only take 2 players from you fa rules dont allow teams to be raped of players unless you de-register them all

if the club that the players are moving from agree, then i think it is fine!

Do you think that someone who has spent so much time, effort, energy and money on a club to get it to a level of stability would come in and potentially take all the best players and leave the club in a position of vulnerability. Also if the new guy comes in and likes what he sees why should he let more than 2 go as he may well end up shooting himself in the foot.

Spencer is on a firm wicket, 'cos he knows full well that Chertsey cannot afford the players wages, so Chertsey will have to de-register those players Spencer wants to go with him to Farnboro'.

Chertsey could say that they want money for the player to release them, but can't see that happeneing, so the player stays at Chertsey who can't afford them ?

BUT what happens to the contract player/s who doesn't want to go to Farnboro' ? Again, Chertsey will not be able to pay their salary (we summise) so have to release then from their contract, but can Chertsey do that if the players wants to stay? If the player/s are not paid, is that breach of contract ?

Spencer is on a firm wicket, 'cos he knows full well that Chertsey cannot afford the players wages, so Chertsey will have to de-register those players Spencer wants to go with him to Farnboro'.

Chertsey could say that they want money for the player to release them, but can't see that happeneing, so the player stays at Chertsey who can't afford them ?

BUT what happens to the contract player/s who doesn't want to go to Farnboro' ? Again, Chertsey will not be able to pay their salary (we summise) so have to release then from their contract, but can Chertsey do that if the players wants to stay? If the player/s are not paid, is that breach of contract ?

And what happens to Chertsey in all of this????? Sorry not CCL but was just wondering.........

Good point,what happens to Chertsey,but more so what happens to Farnborough.Cannot for the life of me,see how Spencers move benefits anyone at either Club.He spends 4 years getting Chertsey promoted,and doing O.K. in the Southern League,then jumps ship for a Club 2 levels higher,that is struggling.Has he the player contacts to succeed,at a higher level,I think not,has he the Managerial Nous to succeed I think not,has he the Financial Backing to succeed,I Know not.Could end in doom and gloom for both Clubs,especially Chertsey Players.

If the club cannot afford the wages of a contracted player then the said player becomes a free agent - simples!

I know that Chertsey as a club, has not, and will not stop any player wishing to follow Spencer and try to better themselves. The chairman has made it very clear and did so in the dressing room after Mondays match that he is a great believer of players coming through the ranks and being given a great chance to play as high up the pyramid as possible. He will not prevent that in anyway.

Any new manager coming in will not have a say in which players decide to leave!

Good point,what happens to Chertsey,but more so what happens to Farnborough.Cannot for the life of me,see how Spencers move benefits anyone at either Club.He spends 4 years getting Chertsey promoted,and doing O.K. in the Southern League,then jumps ship for a Club 2 levels higher,that is struggling.Has he the player contacts to succeed,at a higher level,I think not,has he the Managerial Nous to succeed I think not,has he the Financial Backing to succeed,I Know not.Could end in doom and gloom for both Clubs,especially Chertsey Players.

Shall we look at the term 'Jump Ship' ??

If the ship is sinking and going down you then jump overboard.

Chertsey have in no way been sinking so there has been no jumping off of ships!

Spencer has been given a great opportunity and taken it. His ambitions obviously do not match those of Chertsey Town.

The ex Chertsey players moving or even just training at Farnborough are in a no lose situation so how can it end in doom and gloom for them. If it dont work out at Farnborough then not only have they had the experience of a bigger club but also on their C.V that they have had trials with a conference south club that were prepared to take a look at them.

And as for contacts....... Gary Haylock and Gareth Hall have many ex clubs including pro clubs to their names and probably hundreds of contacts but not one big name is at Farnborough currently so i dont think it matters who you know!

How about we give him time and judge him in 8 weeks??

Dan bennett, Miles smith who was at Wycombe and Ollie treacher are the ones who I think have what it takes

JJ I have seen Chertsey on quite a few occasions. Bennett is hot and cold and a bit lazy with his defensive duyies, going forward he'can be damgerous.... so far reports say this season he seems to be hot. Miles Smith I cannot comment as I have not seen him play what position does he play ? Treacher is good going forward but defensively in my opinion is suspect, but again, he will have better players around him so may do okay ?