Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Woodford

How wrong I was. Absolutely incensed by the away team and even more so by the officials, who let them get away with an unbelievable amount of foul play and who were arguably the worst men in black I've seen at the Lane.

We had one of those days today. Completely bossed the first half hour, then gifted a goal through faffing about in midfield, losing possession which led to a goal from a corner. Five minutes later the scorer, the thug wearing 6, blatantly and forcefully elbowed Pietro in the face. Incredibly, the lino who was level with the incident and the ref didn't see it or refused to act. Woodford should rightly have been down to ten men and that could have changed the game. Pietro also got a second-half clattering and an in-your-face barrage from their keeper after he raced to the byline to contest the ball in the manner only Woodford know how.

We lost composure and momentum for the remainder of the first half, but then did more than enough to take the lead. Infuriatingly, the thug wearing 6 was not only instrumental in keeping a clean sheet, he wasn't even booked for the first of two blatant handballs after the break. The second one was in their box and a clear penalty, again not given by either official in the vicinity. Their second goal came from more sloppy defending, although the finish was superb. Woodford had four decent shots in the game, two were well saved by Macca, the other two went in. They moaned all game and influenced the officials with their constant complaining. Easily the worst side I've seen us play this season.

I feel very sorry for a number of players - Ashley and Kiri had an excellent game and deserved to be on the winning team, similarly Russ and Dan fought for everything and deserved better, Pietro was elbowed and kicked about and got nothing and for some reason found himself in a totally ineffective central role after the break, and Bitz didn't get anything like enough service yet when he got the ball we looked more dangerous. Unfortunately, it was a case of one touch too many, bad luck and bad finishing, not being incisive enough and - how many times have we heard this? - giving away goals which were cheap and yet costly at the same time.

Sadly, if I want to complete the grounds in this division I'll have to visit Woodford, but I'll resent having to waste valuable time and money after witnessing an appalling display by that lot.

Edited by Swifty

Sounds absolutely shocking on both the forum and the match report... Looking at the league table now we are not many points off the relegation places :o Combined with our cup exits the bright start to the season is starting to seem like a distant memory... It sounds like we were hard done by on Saturday and with a really tough match upcoming against Slough we need to get back on track and soon!