Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

I don't mean to rub salt into Ampthill Town's wounds but here is a brief report from Oadby Town's league game yesterday from another Forum, the crowd was well down on the 420 from last week:

OADBY TOWN 2-1 GREENWOOD MEADOWS

East Midlands Counties League

Hard going for Oadby against a determined Greenwood side.

Oadby broke the deadlock with around 15 to play from Jon Stevenson, only for the visitors to equalise a minute later caused by a complete mix-up / [censored] up between Dec Towers and gk Elliot Shilliam. Oadby got the winner from Danny Wilson in the 84th minute.

Greenwood had a man sent off during the second half when the game was goalless for a tackle on Matt Piper, which to be fair seemed harsh and warranted a booking at most.

Not the best game which was played on a poor pitch in front of a poor attendance of just 96.

Rhodes, in no way are you rubbing salt in any wounds, the Oadby game is history now and we still have a lot to look forward to.

Perhaps instead of the saying rubbing salt in the wounds a more appropriate saying would have been "I am Rhodes, a clueless clubless knOb who is sometimes very sad too, here's proof with a report that has nothing whatsoever to do with the SSML"

8/10 for effort though

Rhodes, you really are a sad person, another pathetic attempt with your last posting trying to have a dig at Ampthill Town's success. Why didn't you go the whole way and give details of Royston Town's conquerors, Bournemouth's 6-0 defeat yesterday.

Get off your little soapbox Rhodes and accept the fact that the SSML continues to thrive without the likes of you.

Now now guys, Rhosey at least attempted to talk about Football. Just our hard luck it was nothing to do with the SSML.

Keep talking Football!

Rhodes, in no way are you rubbing salt in any wounds

Ref Off Ref - I was just highlighting Oadby Town's game yesterday from an attendance perspective that's all and it sounds as if the pitch was equally as bad as last week although Oadby seem to use it very much to their advantage don't they

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just thinking what might have been this Saturday for Ampthill Town and Royston Town had they beaten Oadby Town and Bournemouth respectively, all eyes would have been on their trips to Staveley Miners Welfare and Billingham Synthonia wouldn't they:

Round 5

Saturday 11/02/2012

Tividale v Peterborough Northern Star

Staveley MW v Oadby Town

Billingham Synthonia v Bournemouth

Dunston UTS v Bethnal Green United

Whitley Bay v West Auckland Town

St Ives Town v Gresley

Herne Bay v Larkhall Athletic

Sunday 12/02/2012

Shortwood United v Ashington

Krafty – I’m not entirely sure Ampthill have to be honest, they loved their fifteen minutes of fame, Andy Warhol style, and didn’t want it to end, also the manor in which they lost at Oadby Town will rankle with them for a long time as had they played like they did earlier in the competition they would have been checking the route to Staveley Miners Welfare for Saturday instead of Caldecote