Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ampthill town Fa vase

Royston are Playing South Park I wonder what position Cartman plays? Lol. You would have thought Whitley would have cropped up in FA cup by now as someone rightly pointed out they are pretty much a step 3 side in disguise.

You would have thought Whitley would have cropped up in FA cup by now as someone rightly pointed out they are pretty much a step 3 side in disguise.

They were in this season's competition, beating Bishop Auckland (2-1) and Marske United (2-0) before losing 0-1 away at Kendal Town in the First Qualifying Round.

http://www.flickr.co...57628272749223/ Ampthill Town making history

Good stuff mate, bet you are still proper buzzing I would be.

i just cant get this smile off my face lol . lancing are a very strong side and when we lost michael mckenzine in first min i new it would be hard . but then the boys where just top draw great result along way from home :D

Oadby or Tipton away....let's ave it..... :)

Mr Angry – Who do you prefer to play, Keeps will be able to give you a Don Revie style dossier on Tipton

My dossier consists of what is readily available on the internet......Tipton amassed 100pts last season but lost out on promotion to Vase finalists Coalville.

This season they have had a mediocre one so far - probably due to their main benefactor being arrested on fraud charges and the better players leaving when the money dried up.

Oadby are based in Leicester and last season were relegated from the league Tipton play in.

They are flying high in the EMC atm and shouldnt be underestimated

bit more for the dossier!!

taken from TK forum

OADBY TOWN 1-1 (aet) TIPTON TOWN

FA Vase 3rd Round

An intruiging cup tie that ebbed and flowed at times with neither side able to exert any superiority in the 1st half. Oadby took the lead in the 45th minute when Jermaine Gordon scrambled the ball home from a yard out.

Oadby's lead did not last long as Tipton equalised within five minutes of the restart. Nathan Waite finishing off a good move. The games main talking point came with 12 minutes remaining as Oadby sub James Miller was shown a straight red card. Despite going down to ten men Oadby looked the better side for the remainder of the 90 and had three chances win in the dying moments. Matt Moore had a shot saved, Matt Piper's chip from a tight angle failed to find the target and a Steve Fenton shot that was heading for the top corner was superbly saved by the Tipton keeper in the 4th minute of stoppage time.

Extra time and Oadby played the better football but Gordon had a shot saved and Jon Stevenson volleyed over. Tipton had their chances but the majority of their efforts were off target and Elliot Shilliam was the quieter of the two keepers.

Attendance: 167

Match rating: 7 out of 10

Replay Wednesday night and the tie I'm sure will have a few more twists and turns.

One sour note was that there was some racist chanting by the few Tipton fans that came across, referring to Leicester as Paki Land.

Whatever the outcome, and not to put a damper on things as we are now Ampthill Town, but a majority of these players last season were SSML Division 2.....so whatever happens here on in, they've more than done themselves justice.

As for Craig, from North Bucks football 4 seasons ago again with a couple of these players still playing to last 32 of the Vase...massive.

But...we are now Ampthill...and it's Ampthill Town FC that along with Royston fly the SSML flag.

One thing is for sure, whatever happens from here on in the club has made some much needed cash with their run and......only 2 sides who entered the competition at the outset from the SSML, we as a step 6 club are still in there.

Rhodes, This is nonsense, if anything Basildon tried to tuck Ampthill up by trying to charge everyone an entry fee even though they should allow up to 8 committee and staff in for free

No.9 – Well all I heard from my reliable source of information was that it made The Sting seem like chicken feed in comparison, I bet Craig Bicknell and Mr Angry thought they were Robert Redford and Paul Newman

Rhodes, This is nonsense, if anything Basildon tried to tuck Ampthill up by trying to charge everyone an entry fee even though they should allow up to 8 committee and staff in for free

No.9 – Well all I heard from my reliable source of information was that it made The Sting seem like chicken feed in comparison, I bet Craig Bicknell and Mr Angry thought they were Robert Redford and Paul Newman

I ask again.........reliable source, who??????? Can Rhodes be limited in his posting? I reckon one post for every time he actually answers a question......properly!!

No.9 – Well all I heard from my reliable source of information

Which really means...."I made it up"

I doubt that Ampthill are concerned with this but they'd know who to speak to if there was any doubts about any bad feelings left over with Basildon and it certainly would't be Cliffy would it? Hardly the most reliable "source" is he even if you can imagine him hanging around in dank underground carparks playing "deep throat"? oo-er....

I ask again.........reliable source, who???????

Lets just say it was someone from Basildon United, I'm only saying that they objected to paying the exorbitant amount for Coach hire whereas possibly Barkingside and Lancing paid it no questions asked.

Whatever the outcome, and not to put a damper on things as we are now Ampthill Town, but a majority of these players last season were SSML Division 2.....so whatever happens here on in, they've more than done themselves justice.

As for Craig, from North Bucks football 4 seasons ago again with a couple of these players still playing to last 32 of the Vase...massive.

But...we are now Ampthill...and it's Ampthill Town FC that along with Royston fly the SSML flag.

To be fair none of those players were North Bucks standard players, as shown by PBs complete dominance.

FA comps are a different matter though and well done to Ampthill, always a great achievement getting far in FA comps. Good luck in the next round, bit disappointed you didn't get Newport though.

How much have Ampthill Town made now in prize money out of their FA Vase run out of interest

I ask again.........reliable source, who???????

Lets just say it was someone from Basildon United, I'm only saying that they objected to paying the exorbitant amount for Coach hire whereas possibly Barkingside and Lancing paid it no questions asked.

FA Competitions Rule Book Season 2011-12, in case you can't find your copy Rhodes, says:

"In all Rounds, match expenses shall include travelling expenses, actually incurred, which must not exceed £3.00 per coach mile."

Ampthill - Basildon - Ampthill is at least 134 miles according to google Maps. 134 x 3 = £402

Your mate the secretary of basildon would know this, and the fact that it should have been agreed before the day of the match (also in the Rules). if a coach wasn't used, maximum claim should have been 5 cars x 20p a mile = £134

Did Ampthill claim more than £402 ?

Did Ampthill claim more than £402?

I understand that it was close to that figure which I'm sure even Manchester City or Chelsea would have queried let alone a Club like Basildon United who has to watch every penny

<p>

Did Ampthill claim more than £402?
I understand that it was close to that figure which I'm sure even Manchester City or Chelsea would have queried let alone a Club like Basildon United who has to watch every penny
</p>

Balls mate, Man utd asked Aldershot to charter a private plane and coach for their league cup game, and Basildon know the rules just like everyone else.

<p>

How much have Ampthill Town made now in prize money out of their FA Vase run out of interest
</p>

Loads a f**cking money.....they are considerablaaayyy richer than yaoow!!! Muppet

Edited by Winslow Boy