Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Margate

Yellowbelly

Having been critical of some of the previous performances I feel it only right that I should praise the teams performance at Margate. We passed the ball and looked comfortable on the ball especially in the first half and Jay played really well and deserved man of the match. After they scored we did seem to resort to type with the long ball, but thankfully we did also try to pass the ball along the ground. I thought we deserved all three points and feel a bit unlucky as they only scored from a long range shot which Russell didn't see til to late. Their top scorer Appiah who has been scoring for fun, was kept quiet by our defence.

Well done Cavney a good all round performance.

Lets carry it on for Tuesday against Romford

Come on you YELLOWS

Agreed - I've also posted some negative/critical comments over the past few weeks, but after yesterday the team deserve nothing but praise.

We were up against a 'form' team that came into this match on the back of a 5-nil win on Tuesday night, so it was never going to be easy.

Finally we played the ball on the floor, and it paid off big time. We kept them very quiet and dominated the first half. They were very lucky to score, but I'm sure after recent matches we're all very happy to have come away with a point!

Special mention to Jay Curran who was fantastic today. Great to see him playing as well as he did.

Come on YELLOW!!! :)

Very pleased with the performance, and I don't think it was any coincidence that the performance was achieved by playing football as opposed to the long ball game. We worked the ball out to Rhodes and Gordon on numerous occasions, perhaps more that the last 3 or 4 games combined.

In regards to centre midfield, I wonder if having two creative players (King & Spendlove) as opposed to two ball winning midfielders (Game & Dobinson) sparked this change? Not saying anything against Game or Dobinson who have both played very well this season, but I wonder if our mentality reflected this enforced change?

Jay was excellent and really put a shift in, although we've come to expect little else. He used the ball very well to create Danny's goal and was generally a thorn in their side all afternoon.

Disappointed not to win, but after they scored they could well have pinched another, so a point was a good return.

The Yellow Army were in fine voice in the second half, and with the great pub before the game I'll put that one down as a good away day!

Respect to your fans on Saturday - and even with all those pesky kids ;-)

Overall, you had more of the ball and yet we seemed to have the better chances. Can't see why you shouldn't be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, particularly if you get a goalscorer.

Haha, luckily we stopped Mark from singing the Santa's not real song to the kids!

Should've let him sing it!!!!!

Haha, luckily we stopped Mark from singing the Santa's not real song to the kids!

LOL Best of luck or the rest of th season.