Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

An excellent ref we'll never have...

Swifty

I groundhopped Whitstable Town on 17th December and was hugely impressed by the ref, a mister Steve Woodison from Ashford, Middlesex (according to the programme married, 4 kids, works for Centrica, scout leader for 30 years, been reffing for the last 11). He let the game flow and only called the game back for free kicks when the initial advantage he'd played didn't work out. Big shame we'll never have him officiate one of our games due to his location, as he was marvellous.

Steve used to live in Staines and would quite often referee our Reserves when we were in the Suburban League. He's a nice guy, and used to do pitch inspections for me from time to time. I was a bit surprised he got promoted in the summer, as he's a bit older than the usual candidates for promotion to our level but in terms of man-management and application of law he's spot on, so I was (and am) delighted for him.