Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 24-November 17 )

• Photo
    ASF

• Photo
    Red Neck

• Photo
    cityman

• Photo
    Fleet boys

• Photo
    Windsor Castle's Moat

The FA's fine - when is it due?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
4 replies to this topic

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
I thought I saw in the local press that a fine of (was it) £17,500 had to be paid to The FA.

IF that is correct, does anyone know when the fine was due to be paid?

Thanks for your help - The Ghost

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I understand that it was not paid on time and Lazarou is now banned from any financial dealings, effectively putting the club into administration. I don't understand al the ins & outs of it but I believe this to be the basics.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hi Mr H - thanks for that.

Is what your saying that the deadline has passed and that it has not been paid OR that it has been paid, but paid late?

There is, of course, a big difference. Do we know when the deadline was? If it's the first scenario, tomorrow's Gazette should make interesting reading.

Thanks for your help - The Ghost

offline Rob

Rob
  • Trainee
To help clarify...apparently he may not have paid either the fine or other money he was ordered to pay back to the club...but he has been suspended from any financial dealings with/for the club until the money is paid. If it isn't then the FA will look into other fines/action they can take against him.

It's unclear what will happen, but it doesn't look good for the club or - less importantly - for Laz.

I'm not sure what the legal implications are, but it will be interesting to see what options are open to the FA. If they consider his actions to be de-frauding the club of money, then surely a legal case would potentially exist?

If I was him...I'd get out quick, the FA seem to taking hardline approaches to these type of financial problems...whatever people may think of him, it seems that Palios might be forcing the FA to get tough on things...

offline Cyclops

Cyclops
  • First XI - Sub
In one way it could best for the club as it could be the way to get rid of Laz more quickly.

As for the FA taking a hardline approach to financial problems, they are following the lead of UEFA which has a new club licensing system coning in from 2004-05. There are about 30 pages in the English version which relate specifically to financial matters. What the FA and various leagues are trying to do is to make sure that the clubs up the top of the Pyramid are solvent and that those lower down can be shown to be able to remain solvent if they get promoted and running costs go up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus