Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

know any potential signings?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
5 replies to this topic

offline Yellowbelly

Yellowbelly
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Canvey Island FC
  • Foes: Spurs, Ricay, Southend, Concord
  • Fav. Player(s): Ashley Dumas, Robbie King
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
When Canvey aren't playing I usually go and watch Aveley or East Thurrock. I have seen these teams a few times over the last few months. There have been two players that have stood out and I think would be worth trying to sign. They are both from East thurrock and they are Greg Cohen who used to play for us and Sam Higgins who is a striker as we know to our cost.
Greg takes a good corner and free kicks and looks very lively on the wing. Higgins looks very good and has an eye for goal and I think he would fit in with our style of play.
Just a thought!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Not sure about Cohen. He's a decent player but not in the same class as Rhodesy.

Have heard some good stuff about Higgins. He seems to score goals for fun at this level. He was at Chelmsford for a bit last season but didn't work out for him.

offline kimbles left foot

kimbles left foot
  • National Squad - 2nd XI

Not sure about Cohen. He's a decent player but not in the same class as Rhodesy.

Have heard some good stuff about Higgins. He seems to score goals for fun at this level. He was at Chelmsford for a bit last season but didn't work out for him.

Was at hx too

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
Cohen is decent, but unless he has improved since last time we had him, he won't get in the side ahead of Rhodes or Dumas for that matter. Too one footed, much like Hussein Isa.

There have been several players that have played well against us this season that I wouldn't mind amongst our ranks.

I'll throw a few names out there:

Harry Elmes would be a very useful player to have in our forward line. He looked big and powerful against us on Boxing Day.

Tyrone Sterling, the centre-half who played against us for Cray last Saturday won nearly everything in the air and was always in the right place at the right time to cut out our attacks.

Believe it or not, I wouldn't say no to the return of John Kennedy. Saw him at Park Lane when we lost to Bury early on in the season and he's still got it. He might not be the fastest player nowadays but again he knew where to be and when to be there.

And why not go for something totally out there such as Chelmsford City's Ricky Modeste. Thought he did pretty well on the right for Chelmsford last night made some dangerous runs and wasn't afraid to take people on.

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island
I heard Tevez is on the market...
  • Lefty likes this

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez

I heard Tevez is on the market...

Comes with too much baggage!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus