Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

know any potential signings?

Yellowbelly

When Canvey aren't playing I usually go and watch Aveley or East Thurrock. I have seen these teams a few times over the last few months. There have been two players that have stood out and I think would be worth trying to sign. They are both from East thurrock and they are Greg Cohen who used to play for us and Sam Higgins who is a striker as we know to our cost.

Greg takes a good corner and free kicks and looks very lively on the wing. Higgins looks very good and has an eye for goal and I think he would fit in with our style of play.

Just a thought!

Not sure about Cohen. He's a decent player but not in the same class as Rhodesy.

Have heard some good stuff about Higgins. He seems to score goals for fun at this level. He was at Chelmsford for a bit last season but didn't work out for him.

Cohen is decent, but unless he has improved since last time we had him, he won't get in the side ahead of Rhodes or Dumas for that matter. Too one footed, much like Hussein Isa.

There have been several players that have played well against us this season that I wouldn't mind amongst our ranks.

I'll throw a few names out there:

Harry Elmes would be a very useful player to have in our forward line. He looked big and powerful against us on Boxing Day.

Tyrone Sterling, the centre-half who played against us for Cray last Saturday won nearly everything in the air and was always in the right place at the right time to cut out our attacks.

Believe it or not, I wouldn't say no to the return of John Kennedy. Saw him at Park Lane when we lost to Bury early on in the season and he's still got it. He might not be the fastest player nowadays but again he knew where to be and when to be there.

And why not go for something totally out there such as Chelmsford City's Ricky Modeste. Thought he did pretty well on the right for Chelmsford last night made some dangerous runs and wasn't afraid to take people on.